50 Freak
06-21-2006, 8:34 PM
We're behind people, vote and then start posting this link everywhere.:D :D :D

m24armorer
06-21-2006, 8:38 PM
Yup I feel my vote was counted.

MaxQ
06-21-2006, 9:11 PM
The head-in-the-sand world peace globalists that feel the UN SHOULD be able to restrict US gun ownership are leading 60-40.

Dont Tread on Me
06-21-2006, 9:22 PM
Voted. I also sent my NRA postcard to Uncle Kofe. I'm sure he cannot wait for us all to hand in our guns and start paying state, federal, and UN taxes.

50 Freak
06-21-2006, 9:49 PM
Any blue helmet marching down my street will be deemed a foreign invader.:cool:

five.five-six
06-21-2006, 10:13 PM
double tap it!

five.five-six
06-21-2006, 10:22 PM
double tap it!
hit it at home hit it at work

PanzerAce
06-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Any blue helmet marching down my street will be deemed a foreign invader.:cool:

well, so long as its a bike helmet, im cool with it.

klmmicro
06-22-2006, 5:44 AM
The results of this poll should not suprise anyone. The only time I am caught off gaurd by ANTI-gun results in a CNN poll is when they reflect a pro-2 leaning. Those polls are quickly removed from CNN. Know the thruth, be vigilint and don't worry too much about the masses of ignorant folk. They will all run for cover and stay out of the way when the chips are down.

klmmicro
06-22-2006, 5:45 AM
well, so long as its a bike helmet, im cool with it.

Thanx PanzerAce, my bike helmet is blue! ;)

glen avon
06-22-2006, 7:18 AM
Voted. I also sent my NRA postcard to Uncle Kofe. I'm sure he cannot wait for us all to hand in our guns and start paying state, federal, and UN taxes.

job well done. :rolleyes: who is kofe?

glen avon
06-22-2006, 7:20 AM
The head-in-the-sand world peace globalists that feel the UN SHOULD be able to restrict US gun ownership are leading 60-40.

and which poll is that?

the poll linked to in this thread does not address whether the UN should be able affect US gun ownership, but whether or not it does.

Bling Bling 2.0
06-22-2006, 7:34 AM
and which poll is that?

the poll linked to in this thread does not address whether the UN should be able affect US gun ownership, but whether or not it does.

I think they took the poll down cause they didn't like the results.

MaxQ
06-22-2006, 8:13 AM
and which poll is that?

Oh, you just can't resist picking nits, can you?:D

The poll question is:

Do you believe the U.N. is trying to outlaw gun ownership in the U.S.?

Hmm, maybe you can clear up where the question addresses whether or not it does?

For the average person that might run across the poll, I think the underlying concept of whether or not the UN should have a greater say in the internal operations of member countries, is fundamental to both their understanding of, and response to, that question.

Personally, I believe that the UN would love to regulate gun ownership (and lot more) in the US. Whether or not any current UN conference is actively trying to outlaw US gun ownership is irrelevant, as that was not explicitly asked in the question. So, yes the UN is trying, and most likely, will always be trying to outlaw gun ownership in the US. In my opinion, most people in favor of that effort are closely allied to the various groups mentioned in my earlier post.

glen avon
06-22-2006, 8:21 AM
Oh, you just can't resist picking nits, can you?:D

not when it comes to polls. that poll question is so bad as to be useless, as your response illustrates (and I imagine many other did the same). a good poll question should leave no doubt and NEVER invite analysis of underlying issues.

MaxQ
06-22-2006, 8:34 AM
that poll question is so bad as to be useless..a good poll question should leave no doubt and NEVER invite analysis of underlying issues.

I agree. Unfortunately, many (most?) poll questions are poorly written, and leave too many ambiguities. The concept of a UN is great, but the philosophy and direction of the UN irks me in numerous ways, so I'm a little testy where the UN is concerned...

Pokey
06-22-2006, 9:25 AM
59% head in the sand
41% based in reality

VeryCoolCat
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
I thought the UN stated that it was to limit to INTERNATIONAL sale of firearms without proper authorization.

I don't think anyone here sells arms out of the country. Its generally to put harsher crimes on the sale of weapons to those who are not allowed to do so.

Remember that story a while back how this employee used a company's good name to sell arms to the philipines illegally then disipeared.

I'm pretty sure he was selling those arms to the guerillas there.

Besides reading what everyone tells you how about reading DIRECTLY what they are stating, they don't plan on banning local sales but limit international sales.

ADDED:
Besides, when was the last time we listened to the UN anyways.

tcrpe
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Twice......

then once again.

Then take it's lunch money.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/21/un.us.small.arms.ap/index.html

I watched the results for a while. They never changed.

This is just another Dan Rather type fraud.

tcrpe
06-22-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't think anyone here sells arms out of the country.

My Benelli was imported.

Several of my guns were imported.

They were sold "out of the country."

glen avon
06-22-2006, 11:22 AM
My Benelli was imported.

Several of my guns were imported.

They were sold "out of the country."

so you think that because they were imported into the US, they were sold out of the US to you here in the US?

tcrpe
06-22-2006, 11:37 AM
so you think that because they were imported into the US, they were sold out of the US to you here in the US?

No.

So, you think the the UN is only proposing to regulate sales from the US to other countries?

Really?