PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends

Cbr1000Rider
11-10-2010, 9:43 AM
Has any one played this? About 2 months ago I was bored of every single video game on the planet.. PC/xbox 360/PS3. My friend told me about this free PC game and I was like.. ok..free.. how good can it be. Well I'm hooked.

It is like Starcraft/Diablo mixed into one. If you like these games or Real Time Strategy games you will most likely like this one. It is an underground game so you wouldn't know about it unless you heard about it through word of mouth.. so I thought I'd let you guys know about it. If any of you like it and need pointers, shoot me your gamertag.

By the way, its free because they give you the option of purchasing certain champions you really like. There are like 40 champions and they rotate 7 free ones that you can play a week.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4cdad85cc16e8168123407

Nick1236
11-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Has any one played this? About 2 months ago I was bored of every single video game on the planet.. PC/xbox 360/PS3. My friend told me about this free PC game and I was like.. ok..free.. how good can it be. Well I'm hooked.

It is like Starcraft/Diablo mixed into one. If you like these games or Real Time Strategy games you will most likely like this one. It is an underground game so you wouldn't know about it unless you heard about it through word of mouth.. so I thought I'd let you guys know about it. If any of you like it and need pointers, shoot me your gamertag.

By the way, its free because they give you the option of purchasing certain champions you really like. There are like 40 champions and they rotate 7 free ones that you can play a week.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4cdad85cc16e8168123407

The game is a copy of the popular battlenet map "DOTA" on warcraft 3. The is a better version, it costs $20, that is called "Heroes of Newerth". I have played both and by far like HoN more. Although LoL is free, I dont like the gameplay. I find that its usually ends up being a free for all of all the free champions of that week. Your likely to go up against a team with the same exact champions your team has. Its gets kinda old...

HoN has about the same number of "heroes" you can choose from, if not more. Once a hero is choosen by a player, that hero can not be choosen again by a different player. The map layout for HoN is EXACTLY the same as Dota. LoL has a slightly different map layout. There are more game types available in HoN and the developers are consistantly adding new heroes, items, game types.

If you like LoL I suggest you try HoN. I think they may have a trial period you can test it before you buy it. IMO...... HoN > LoL