PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Info Bomb!

pullnshoot25
11-10-2010, 8:37 AM
OK guys, I have been cruising talks.guns.ru for a few days now gathering images and have come up with some REALLY COOL stuff related to Mosins. I have silencers, bayonet lugs, rare examples of Mosins, examples of anti-tank rifle grenades, magazine articles, sniper rifles, etc. This stuff is pure gold!

A lot of it is in Russian so you might have to get a bottle of Vodka for your favorite Russian friend and have at it!

https://pullnshoot25.sugarsync.com/albums/thumb/915876_182156

rojocorsa
11-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Tell us more.

What about silenced Mosins and whatnot?

Spiggy
11-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Is that George Takei?

bballwizard05
11-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Ever found any mosins with pistol grips? I beat call of duty yesterday, and one of the levels is a WWII flashback. Well this guy has a pistol gripped mosin. This game usually tries to be realistic, so I thought that was interesting.

Edit: Not the pistol mosin, it was a pistol grip with a butt stock still. Think like a wooden version of the shotgun pistol grip/stock combo

pullnshoot25
11-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Ever found any mosins with pistol grips? I beat call of duty yesterday, and one of the levels is a WWII flashback. Well this guy has a pistol gripped mosin. This game usually tries to be realistic, so I thought that was interesting.

Edit: Not the pistol mosin, it was a pistol grip with a butt stock still. Think like a wooden version of the shotgun pistol grip/stock combo

I have not seen one though one might exist...

Peter.Steele
11-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I beat call of duty yesterday ... This game usually tries to be realistic

LOL.

You want realism, you're playing the wrong game. You need to check out Red Orchestra, especially if you like C&R weapons. WWII Eastern Front. The second one is coming out soon.

Full ballistic modeling for everything, no hitscan, no laser beams.
Fully modeled tank interiors
Adjustable sights and scopes that you must use! There are no crosshairs!
1st person cover / blind fire system
Penetration and destructable environments

etc., etc., etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DURs9HguYlI

720p trailer. Some of the animations are not smoothed out yet, but that trailer is from the alpha. Also, it's all in-game video, no pre-rendered stuff.

glennsche
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
LOL.

You want realism, you're playing the wrong game. You need to check out Red Orchestra, especially if you like C&R weapons. WWII Eastern Front. The second one is coming out soon.

etc., etc., etc.

720p trailer. Some of the animations are not smoothed out yet, but that trailer is from the alpha. Also, it's all in-game video, no pre-rendered stuff.

THIS.

i've been playing red orchestra for some time now (the original one, not this second version), its a really, really fun game. you really see with the game the different uses various weapons would've played, and why the guys with the smgs did so much dying. :)

its also good coz the ranges of engagement are realistic. none of this point blank stuff if you dont want it. if you want to keep the enemy at a distance and support a firing line and shoot at silhouttes as they rush from one piece of cover to another, this is it. if you wanna storm and play a "counter strike" type game, you can; you wanna take your time and crawl 1000 yards to get that perfect flank spot and defilade, you can do that too. you're not restricted to some stupid "path" like all the call of duty games where they make you get within spitting range. they do stripper clip reloading decently as well. :) nice touch.

they also do bayonets well. getting the bayonet kill is so incredibly satisfying.

as a russian infantryman, in some maps you get the choice between the 91/30, the m38, the m44 and the svt40. you really see the difference the semis made on the battlefield when you get the svt. miss? its ok, shoot again. miss with the 91/30? gotta rechamber, reform sight picture....

anyway i'm ranting at this point but this is a really fun game. play it the night before you take your milsurp to the range to get pumped up!

pullnshoot25
11-10-2010, 2:28 PM
I just added more images. Articles, photos of Sergei Mosin, a butt-fed Berdan/Mosin that was tested out by Sergei Mosin, etc. Good stuff!

Haggar85
11-10-2010, 2:35 PM
LOL.

etc., etc., etc.

+1 for red orchestra.r the SMG's have been dumbed down for fairness but its a fun game with lots of maps and player made maps that are pretty good. theres also the "Darkest hour" mod which is the wester front. grease guns, m1's and all the good stuff.

Drey
11-10-2010, 2:44 PM
LOL.

etc., etc., etc.

THANKS!

Drey
11-10-2010, 2:50 PM
OK guys, I have been cruising talks.guns.ru for a few days now gathering images and have come up with some REALLY COOL stuff related to Mosins. I have silencers, bayonet lugs, rare examples of Mosins, examples of anti-tank rifle grenades, magazine articles, sniper rifles, etc. This stuff is pure gold!

A lot of it is in Russian so you might have to get a bottle of Vodka for your favorite Russian friend and have at it!

Are there is a way to make the photos bigger so you can read the text?
Thankx!

Drey
11-10-2010, 2:52 PM

Never mind. I guess you have to download it from the site.
Thanx for the link. I'll have something to read over the weekend!:clap:

Quinc
11-10-2010, 3:03 PM

Maybe its this one?
https://pullnshoot25.sugarsync.com/albums/image/915876_182156#915876_183385

seanbo
11-10-2010, 3:16 PM
I love the periscope mosin!

bballwizard05
11-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Maybe its this one?
https://pullnshoot25.sugarsync.com/albums/image/915876_182156#915876_183385

well same idea, but on a full 91/30, maybe the game just used some creative licensing, but you guys get the idea. Idk how much benefit it would serve on such a large rifle, but an interesting concept.

That game looks good, if they ever make it for 360 I'll have to give it a try

Ergo the Qualmed
11-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Wow...I always thought that it would be nice to have a small collection of Mosins.

I now am aware that I will never be satisfied. Way to preemptively ruin my Russian C&R career. :D ahahahah just kidding...that stuff is amazing. I especially liked the lever-actuated one! Pretty Spiffy IMO

hypnoman
11-11-2010, 2:28 AM
Wow is right!! Fascinating!!

CDFingers
11-11-2010, 4:17 AM
That's a pretty cool collection of pics. Thanks for posting.

CDFingers

Dutch3
11-11-2010, 1:32 PM
Nice photos and info, thank you for posting them! You may be responsible for my recent urge to visit the local Big 5 and inspect their inventory. ;)

Am especially liking peectures of sturdy Russian geerls with rifle.

-D