PDA

View Full Version : can't ship bullets into SF

sa champion
06-20-2006, 9:03 PM
wanted to order some bullets from Midwayusa but on check-out I got a message saying they can't ship these to SF? These are just bullets, not ammo.

QuickOnTheDraw
06-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Have them sent to a friend, outside of S.F.. Someone in Berkeley, someplace other than S.F.

Mssr. Eleganté
06-21-2006, 2:18 AM
It might have something to do with Proposition H.

Even though many out of state dealers haven't been shipping loaded ammo to San Francisco for a few years, I had four different sources that would still ship ammo here. The week after Prop H passed two of those dealers stopped shipping ammo to SF, even though The City agreed not to enforce the ban while the lawsuit was going on.

Prop H also banned the manufacture of ammunition in the San Francisco...

Within the limits of the City and County of San Francisco, the sale, distribution, transfer and manufacture of all firearms and ammunition shall be prohibited.

Maybe Midway stopped selling components to us because of this section of Prop H. You could give them a call and let them know about the NRA's victory in the lawsuit.

timmy8151
06-21-2006, 7:13 AM
Have them sent to a friend, outside of S.F.. Someone in Berkeley, someplace other than S.F.

Midway still wont ship it. If your credit card bill goes to a SF address, Midway will not ship ammo to a different city.

podobo
06-21-2006, 9:31 AM
I've had the same problem, even before Prop H they just won't ship could't find anybody that would. I tried to have it sent to my work in SJ and since my card had an SF addy they still said no. I had to have my card company add my work address to their system so I could get stuff sent to my work. Annoying, very annoying....

tcrpe
06-21-2006, 10:06 AM
It might have something to do with Proposition H.

Proposition H?

Does that have something to do with Preparation H?

rips31
06-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Midway still wont ship it. If your credit card bill goes to a SF address, Midway will not ship ammo to a different city.
nope. i've got my sf addy on my cc. i have them ship ammo to san jose. that or i tell them to hold it at the ups hub, which is in south city.

try natchezz or ammoman. midway and cheaper than dirt don't like sf.

antarius
06-21-2006, 4:08 PM
Does anyone these companies why they won't ship to San Francisco? (Even before Prop H?)

What about now that Prop H was shot down?

I'm interested to hear why they won't....

Creeping Incrementalism
06-21-2006, 5:41 PM
S.F. has some obscure ordinace against ammunition that isn't for sporting purposes, or which is designed to expand upon impact. I can't find a reference at the moment, but I know I've seen it somewhere on the Internet, and probably this bulletin board.

50BMGBOB
06-21-2006, 8:09 PM
That is one reason why I'll buy thru my local dealer even if it cost a little more. If he goes out of business I can't get my guns thru the mail. Also it is to easy for a mail order company to write off and area like SF or even CA to avoid dealing with an antigun DA or DOJ that treatens to sue or prosicute.

sako
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Back in the 1990s, I had no problem having ammuntion shipped to my SF address. Then starting a few years ago, one by one, distributors such as AIM, SOG, Century stopped shipping to a SF address and after Prop H passed, it has become even more difficult to find a seller that will ship to a SF address.