PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever sold their spare parts to Numrich?

rojocorsa
11-09-2010, 8:19 PM
I have odd ends and pieces of Mauser 98 parts to sell, and while browsing through Numrich looking for replacement extractor springs for my No.4, I noticed they have a deal where you can ship them your parts and they'll pay you a competitive price for them.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/WeBuyParts.aspx

I have a bunch of Mauser parts lying around that I salvaged from my "tragic Mauser" that are perfectly good, and I could always use money.

I guess if you're looking for odd bits and ends, you could shoot me a PM, but I'd like to find out other Calgunners' experiences on dealing with Numrich.

Keep in mind that I have never dealt with them, BTW. Are they a good company?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=349006
If you're wandering about my "Tragic Mauser..."

NaughtyMonkey
11-09-2010, 8:28 PM
I have bought a few things from them. There very good. I have no complaints. I never sold them any parts either. if they have No.4 parts, maybe you can do a trade? I don't know, worth an email I suppose.

89 Vision
11-09-2010, 8:34 PM
I could use a front sight hood. How much would you want for it shipped?

rojocorsa
11-09-2010, 8:36 PM
I was wondering if they could do a straight trade as well.

Considering the cost of the part I need to replace. (http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=486800&catid=11954) Jeez, it's like 1cm long...

Not to derail my own topic too much, but if I were to buy that part that I linked, would at least come new? The last thing I want is another 70 yr old spring to break.

rojocorsa
11-09-2010, 8:37 PM
I could use a front sight hood. How much would you want for it shipped?

I do have one of those...

Let me find out what a competitive price for it would be, and I'll get back to you via PM. I honestly have no idea how much it costs.

PM SENT

Flyin Brian
11-09-2010, 9:42 PM
I'm interested to hear how this works out, I've got quite a stockpile of Mosin parts sitting here that I know I will never use... like 10 bolt connectors, 6 butt plates, 3 complete magazine assemblies, etc. I'm definitely not interested in buying project rifles, so I was thinking about selling these parts to numrich too.

Tank 57
11-09-2010, 9:49 PM
Yes,I have sold them parts.They paid what I felt was a fair price.They also send you coupons for prefered treatment when you buy from them.They send you a check,if you don't like the ammount,they send your parts back.

rojocorsa
11-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes,I have sold them parts.They paid what I felt was a fair price.They also send you coupons for prefered treatment when you buy from them.They send you a check,if you don't like the ammount,they send your parts back.

Do you think it possible to make a straight trade for some No.4 parts? I NEED an extractor spring or my gun won't work properly.

NaughtyMonkey
11-10-2010, 2:54 PM
I looked and I do in fact have some spare rifle parts I doubt I will ever use. I think I might mail the parts to them. Email them and ask about a trade. Or just use the money you get to buy the parts you need.

Haggar85
11-10-2010, 3:42 PM
i called them last week. they said that you need to make a list of the parts enclosed in the box along with a brief explanation that you want to sell the parts to them. that way they dont think the parts are being returned and put into inventory. they say they pay competitive prices but realistically speaking whats competitive? i have nearly 2 steyrs worth of parts and some mosin odds and end. along with arisaka parts. i am kind of on the fence, i would wager that Evilbay would be the way to go to get more money but its lengthy and kind of a pain in the back side, but if i shipped the parts i have to them i figure i would get about 40% less cash for what i sell them.
just my personal guesstimation. a styer bolt goes for about 20 bucks on ebay. numrich has them a bit more.i think if i sent it to them they would give me ten. but it beats them sitting in my closet.

dfletcher
11-10-2010, 4:46 PM
^^^
If I got $.50 on the dollar from Numrich I'd be happy. A while back a took about $1K of stuff I had laying about, stuck lower price tags (and a list) on them and brought them to a gun store, split it 50/50 with the owner and after a few weeks we each had about $400.00 for the stuff. I have more crap that I bought and haven't used on the way to buying the crap that I do use than I know what to do with.

Nodda Duma
11-10-2010, 6:18 PM
I could use a complete magazine / trigger guard ***'y for my project Mauser..

Nodda Duma
11-10-2010, 6:19 PM
Lol language filter: assembly

rojocorsa
11-10-2010, 6:53 PM
I could use a complete magazine / trigger guard ***'y for my project Mauser..

I'll find out if I will have that part leftover...

knucklehead0202
11-10-2010, 8:02 PM
i called them last week. they said that you need to make a list of the parts enclosed in the box along with a brief explanation that you want to sell the parts to them. that way they dont think the parts are being returned and put into inventory. they say they pay competitive prices but realistically speaking whats competitive? i have nearly 2 steyrs worth of parts and some mosin odds and end. along with arisaka parts. i am kind of on the fence, i would wager that Evilbay would be the way to go to get more money but its lengthy and kind of a pain in the back side, but if i shipped the parts i have to them i figure i would get about 40% less cash for what i sell them.
just my personal guesstimation. a styer bolt goes for about 20 bucks on ebay. numrich has them a bit more.i think if i sent it to them they would give me ten. but it beats them sitting in my closet.

by steyr parts i assume you mean m95? do you have a mag follower/spring and stuff. still trying to get mine to feed right.

rojocorsa
11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I found another site that sells the part I'm looking for, and it's cheaper than Numrich. http://ssporters.com/parts/enfield4.htm

How legit is it?

Mssr. Eleganté
11-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Springfield Sporters is extremely legit. He's they guy I've bought all of my Enfield and some of my Mauser parts from. I believe he has a minimum shipping price that is similar to Numrich though. One time when I only needed a tiny Enfield part some of the guys on another C&R forum said that SS might give me a break on shipping for such a small part, but I went ahead and ordered some other stuff anyway to make the $6 minimum shipping charge worth while. Things like a striker, a bayonet, a canvas breech cover, a set of different height front sights...

rojocorsa
11-11-2010, 4:40 PM
Springfield Sporters is extremely legit. He's they guy I've bought all of my Enfield and some of my Mauser parts from. I believe he has a minimum shipping price that is similar to Numrich though. One time when I only needed a tiny Enfield part some of the guys on another C&R forum said that SS might give me a break on shipping for such a small part, but I went ahead and ordered some other stuff anyway to make the $6 minimum shipping charge worth while. Things like a striker, a bayonet, a canvas breech cover, a set of different height front sights...

Good to hear that then. They also sell the extractor spring I need for about half the price, so I'm thinking I'd buy two from them.

My only real concern is for me to get parts that are as old and as prone to break as the one I have to replace.

Maybe I'll buy a couple more clips too...Might as well have a full ten.

Nodda Duma
11-12-2010, 8:17 PM
You won't be disappointed ordering from Springfield Sporters.

-Jason

ancora
11-16-2010, 9:17 AM
I just boxed up some M1 Carbine parts to sell to Numrich. Barrel, slide, trigger assembly, hand guard, and some small hardware, 11 pieces in all. I paid $20.00 for the carbine through the NRA some years ago so I have nothing to lose. I'll let you know how I made out.

rojocorsa
11-16-2010, 4:39 PM
I just boxed up some M1 Carbine parts to sell to Numrich. Barrel, slide, trigger assembly, hand guard, and some small hardware, 11 pieces in all. I paid $20.00 for the carbine through the NRA some years ago so I have nothing to lose. I'll let you know how I made out.

I appreciate that, thanks.

(Did I just read that a carbine cost you $20? :eek: )

ancora
11-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Yes, twenty dollars, through the NRA, shipped from the Red River Army Depot March 27th., 1964.

ancora
12-04-2010, 9:44 AM
It has been a month since I shipped my carbine parts to Numrich, and no "check in the mail." I am starting to get bad vibes over this transaction.

rojocorsa
12-04-2010, 5:50 PM
Thanks for letting us know, and good luck to you.

Noonanda
12-05-2010, 7:43 AM
It has been a month since I shipped my carbine parts to Numrich, and no "check in the mail." I am starting to get bad vibes over this transaction.

have you called them and asked them about it?