PDA

View Full Version : nominate one of our own for NRA Board of Directors

paradox
06-20-2006, 7:43 PM
I just got this month's National Rifleman and on page 66-67 there is a mail in form to nominate someone to the Board of Directors. Instead of *****ing that the NRA doesn't do anything for California, why don't we coordinate a drive amongst ourselves to get a CalGunner on the board?

6172crew
06-20-2006, 8:40 PM
Good idea, Id like to see someone from this board who can push harder in the CCW and AW area.

hoffmang
06-20-2006, 8:57 PM
How about Bill Wiese or Artherd/Ben?

Bill or Ben - you game to hang out with Ted Nugent?

dhl
06-20-2006, 9:14 PM
I wouldn't call them 'game' around Ted.

TKo_Productions
06-20-2006, 10:18 PM
glen_avon seems to have the fortitude, althought I'm not fully convinced that he's as pro 2nd ammendment as some of us would like.

Blacktail 8541
06-21-2006, 8:26 AM
I do not know Glen Avalon personally, but I think from his wrightings on this board that he is very much pro gun. He seems to take a devils advacate position a lot to make people think. He can be very harsh at times, and that can be needed to drive a point home.

glen avon
06-21-2006, 9:12 AM
I am 100% pro second amendment.

I do believe in reasonable gun control.

I believe about 90% of today's gun control laws are not reasonable. the problem is they are well-intended by the electorate.

I do not play the devil's advocate, though many think I do. Instead, what I try to do is teach and learn and inform. Many times, there are various perspectives, and we do better to understand all of them.

If I seem abrasive, well, it's prolly 'cause I lose patience though I do try not to. and a lot of times my posts are perceived as harsh when I don't intend them to be, but that is something I have to work on.

I am deeply honored that my name came up in this thread and I thank you very much, but I don't think I have much of a chance.

paradox
06-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Id be happy to vote for any of the folks mentioned in this thread (even you Grumpy Glen ;) ). Id also like add Ramons name to the mix.

In addition to being an NRA member, a strong proponent of firearm rights in general and wanting to bring freedom back to California specifically, whoever we choose has to be able to fit a new job in their life. Finding people on this board with the free time will probably be harder than finding someone with the proper mindset and enthusiasm. If yall really want to twist the mind of the NRA establishment, I would be willing to take on the job :D

In this thread, I think we should feel out who wed prefer and who amongst those actually would have the time. If we have more than one person after that, then we should run a new poll thread and ask Ramon to send out an e-mail to the whole membership asking them to vote. After a set time (a week or two), the NRA members amongst us will agree to nominate whoever has the most votes to the NRA Board of Directors.

There are enough NRA members here on CalGuns to get someone of our choice on the NRA ballot if we coordinate, and there are enough NRA members in California to get our person on the Board if we CalGunners pass the info around California gun shops and ranges.