PDA

View Full Version : My M-1 Garand Arrived Today

Paul S
11-09-2010, 1:23 PM
All right..we're on our way...

The CMP "D.B.U." email was received today. The order for a Springfield Armory Field Grade was mailed the afternoon of Oct. 28.
Cross your fingers for me as the clock ticks that it will be a good one. :D

11-18-10
This puppy looks great. New CMP stock with no blemishes.
The parkerizing shows minimum wear. To say I am pleased is an understatement.

Reductio
11-09-2010, 1:26 PM
Dang you, my service grade HRA order got placed on the morning of the 5th.... we'll see when I get my DBU.

Same, post pics when you get yours. :party:

mosinnagantm9130
11-09-2010, 2:25 PM
Congrats! The field grades have been very nice recently.

campperrykid
11-09-2010, 4:30 PM
CMP is getting caught up . The panic is over , the Garand & ammo scalper chump market is saturated ( or in some cases , educated ). Orders are being filled super-fast.

Sux to be a wanna-be scalper.
:12:

mls343
11-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I just received my DBU for 2 SG HRA's that I sent on 11/1. Per the DBU, they received it on 11/4... Interesting, but my DBU says the wait is 30-60 days vs 15 - 30 on the website. Probably using an old form letter from back in the rush period, as the wait times are almost nothing these days...

thomasmorton21
11-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Ordered a WRA service grade on 10/23, DBU on 11/3, Fed-X delivered it today. Serial #152722. WRA trigger housing. Everything else looks like SA. Very nice old wood stock.

NaughtyMonkey
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Ordered a WRA service grade on 10/23, DBU on 11/3, Fed-X delivered it today. Serial #152722. WRA trigger housing. Everything else looks like SA. Very nice old wood stock.

:useless:

thomasmorton21
11-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Pictures you say ? Well it's all apart right now for cleaning and lube. The stock was pretty dirty so it got cleaned and it's getting a good BLO rub down. So soon as it's back together. Thank you for your interest.

WilliamAnderson
11-10-2010, 12:36 PM
it is useless without pics. When I see a M1 post I get excited, and want to see a weapon.

NaughtyMonkey
11-10-2010, 1:30 PM
it is useless without pics. When I see a M1 post I get excited, and want to see a weapon.

Exactly!

thomasmorton21
11-11-2010, 1:29 PM
Pictures you say ? Well it's all apart right now for cleaning and lube. The stock was pretty dirty so it got cleaned and it's getting a good BLO rub down. So soon as it's back together. Thank you for your interest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son and I took it to the range this morning. At 100 yds one of the first three rounds hit the paper. Moved the sights down all the way (it has a new front sight) and left three, then left two more then back one and I don't remember but close enough. Decided to stretch her legs with some semi rapid fire out to 200 yds. Here are some pictures.
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/thomasmorton21/DSCN0379.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/thomasmorton21/DSCN0375.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/thomasmorton21/DSCN0374.jpg

BTW My son shot the tight group with one flier close to his thumb. Mine are the lower hits.

thomasmorton21
11-11-2010, 1:36 PM
And three more

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/thomasmorton21/DSCN0378.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/thomasmorton21/DSCN0377.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/thomasmorton21/DSCN0376.jpg

uzigalil
11-11-2010, 1:39 PM
I dont get it I sent my order in on 10/28 usps shows it was received on 10/30 I got the email from the cmp on 11/9 saying that they received my order on 11/1, So is my order slow or normal?

Paul S
11-11-2010, 2:05 PM
I dont get it I sent my order in on 10/28 usps shows it was received on 10/30 I got the email from the cmp on 11/9 saying that they received my order on 11/1, So is my order slow or normal?

Patience my friend...your order is following the normal track.
As you can imagine...each day the mail box if FULL. It usually takes several days to get to the application. It is simply a situation of lots of mail...minimum staff. If this is your first CMP order the information you provided will have to be vetted to make sure it is accurate and when that hurdle is cleared you're in line for having a rifle shipped to you.
Hang in there. :D.

Paul S
11-11-2010, 2:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son and I took it to the range this morning. At 100 yds one of the first three rounds hit the paper. Moved the sights down all the way (it has a new front sight) and left three, then left two more then back one and I don't remember but close enough. Decided to stretch her legs with some semi rapid fire out to 200 yds. Here are some pictures........

BTW My son shot the tight group with one flier close to his thumb. Mine are the lower hits.

THANK YOU SO MUCH...I am now cleaning drool off the keyboard :D

Enjoy...nice looking examples...

MKT
11-11-2010, 11:31 PM
It took 13 days from the time I dropped the order in the mail until the FedEx truck brought my Service Grade H&R Garand. Some get theirs a little quicker some a little slower. The wait during the time between getting the DBU and receiving the gun i almost as bad as the CA 10 day jail! Actually, it may be worse.

Here are a couple cell phone shots of my SG H&R, which came with new CMP wood rather than beautiful USGI wood like the previous gun. The chamber is still in the white which should mean no reparkerizing. It is a good shooter from what I've seen. Now just need to get to know it a little better before trying my hand at a match.

bballwizard05
11-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Ugh I check daily for my DBU email and nothing! I am not sure EXACTLY when I sent in my order, but I think it was almost two weeks ago. It is my first though so it may take a little longer. Put in for a FG Springfield.... CAN'T FREAKING WAIT

mls343
11-12-2010, 3:57 AM
Still waitin on my SG HRA's.... Wating, waiting...

SanPedroShooter
11-12-2010, 4:25 AM
wow. those are in great shape. I keep saving for a field grade and keep having to spend my money (calguns lower) arrrgh. These pics have made my mind 100%.
I keep going back between field and service grade, springfield and h&r. I think the field h&r's look so good right now, thats where i'm going.
Plus i want the cmp case...

Mac Attack
11-12-2010, 6:13 AM
D.B.U.? Come again?

Wow you guys got lucky on your rifles. When I received mine back in 2002 and another one in 2005 they were butt ugly and coated with cosmoline. After a nice cleaning I had two WWII era M1's with nice stocks (needed to be refinished) without cracks and tight. I sold off my Winchester and kept my Springrfield and it is a great shooter. Anyone who buys a Garand from any place other than the CMP or a CMP rifle is spending way too much on a rifle.

I look forward to seeing picks of your rifle when it comes in.

metalliman545
11-12-2010, 6:23 AM
Ugh I check daily for my DBU email and nothing! I am not sure EXACTLY when I sent in my order, but I think it was almost two weeks ago. It is my first though so it may take a little longer. Put in for a FG Springfield.... CAN'T FREAKING WAIT

you gotta look up the background check thing they do too, they have on their FAQ that sometimes they get a "hold" or something like that next to your name it doesnt mean denied or accepted just waiting on extra confirmation. it also says how long it takes or w.e
email them man, like i told ya too, they dont bite, they will let you know if they have recieved it or not. you never know maybe the truck broke down or something and mail was delayed or there could just be like 100 order forms infront of you

Milsurp Collector
11-12-2010, 7:02 AM
Ugh I check daily for my DBU email and nothing! I am not sure EXACTLY when I sent in my order, but I think it was almost two weeks ago.

Posted on 11/2:

Its about to get a whoooole lot worse. Sending in my order today... now all I can do is wait. GRRRRRRRR

Reductio
11-12-2010, 8:29 AM
D.B.U.? Come again?

It's their Don't Bug Us email, means they got it, and now they want you to quit calling every other hour to check in. :p

I just got my DBU this morning, sent the order out last Friday... here we go!

NaughtyMonkey
11-13-2010, 11:30 AM
The wait is one of the best parts. It being on your mind like crazy, but like I've told many others, don't get too excited when the Fed ex guy shows up and pee your pants or run out the door and scare the guy (I've never done this :P)

Nice looking Garand, I was thinking about ordering some more, Decisions decisions.

Dr. Pepper
11-14-2010, 6:19 PM
Nice groups.

WilliamAnderson
11-14-2010, 6:34 PM
Wow, what a nice rifle! This is more like it.
Dang, now I want to order another one. I already have a early SA example. I think I need a HRA!

mj1
11-16-2010, 6:22 AM
Another one? Only one? LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/063d2f0b.jpg

Paul S
11-18-2010, 2:05 PM
Bump

Reductio
11-18-2010, 2:09 PM
:cheers2:

Gorgeous looking FG there, congrats.

Milsurp Collector
11-18-2010, 2:41 PM
This puppy looks great. New CMP stock with no blemishes.
The parkerizing shows minimum wear.

Minimum wear? That looks perfect! Very nice!

With Field Grades looking that good I think people in the future will look back at this time of the Greek Air Force Garands as the Golden Age of CMP Garands. Congratulations to everyone who is getting one of these beauties.

NaughtyMonkey
11-18-2010, 4:17 PM
From the pictures, it looks like you have an HRA bolt, Its pretty usual though. My Springfield came with an HRA bolt and my HRA came with a SA bolt. Go figure right? lol.

But very nice looking rifle. :) We need a range report!

Paul S
11-18-2010, 4:45 PM
From the pictures, it looks like you have an HRA bolt, Its pretty usual though. My Springfield came with an HRA bolt and my HRA came with a SA bolt. Go figure right? lol.

But very nice looking rifle. :) We need a range report!

Good eye my friend..it is indeed an HRA bolt. I am amazed at the condition of the parkerizing. The only high wear indications are the top of the sight and the muzzle. ( Sooo much better than my M1 Carbine )

Date stamp on the barrel is 3-55 which matches the production date/serial numbers published by Duff. It is a 5.8 million serial number. Though I didn't include the picture the butt plate has such little wear it looks new.
If the gods smile on me I may be able to make a quick range run tomorrow before the weather turns too crappy. If I do I will provide the range report.

By the way...I just told the wife about the rifle and she never batted an eye. I thought I'd get the third degree but I didn't. Phew...dodged that bullet. :D

NaughtyMonkey
11-18-2010, 4:50 PM
Guns are my passion. I analyzed the pictures. It looks like you scored good on the M1, :) and lucky on the wife, hahahaha. If my Signature wasn't cluttered, I'd put that last line in there. hahaha.

mls343
11-18-2010, 5:30 PM
Total score! I just hope my 2 HRA's SG are in as nice shape!

I'm still waiting! Argh!

ckhb
11-18-2010, 8:14 PM
Beautiful rifle you have there, congrats! I am working on getting mine from the CMP and I get more and more anxious when I see these pics. I just hope the range master at my gun-club can see me shoot and be able to sign off for the rifle sheet.

cruddymutt
11-18-2010, 8:30 PM
Just had my mom email me my birth cert so all I need is to join a CMP affiliated group and I will be set. Ive been saving up for an SVT40 so as soon as that itch is scratched Ill be ordering a Garand.

MKT
11-18-2010, 10:20 PM
The CRPA is an affliated club, so is the Garand Collectors Assn. As I understand it, one can join on-line and the GCA forwards your info to the CMP so you don't need to wait for a membership card.

InFamous20
11-19-2010, 7:44 AM
That's a field grade?? Beautiful

metalliman545
11-19-2010, 8:35 AM
theyarent suppose to put new stocks on field grades! they say it on the site! thats very cool! is there a mark on the flat part of the grip?

Dr.Mauser
11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
very pretty gun! nice catch

Paul S
11-19-2010, 2:47 PM
theyarent suppose to put new stocks on field grades! they say it on the site! thats very cool! is there a mark on the flat part of the grip?

Yes...the CMP stamp...the CMP cartouche is a little fancier I believe. ...