PDA

View Full Version : Transport

rivraton
11-08-2010, 5:53 PM
Does a C&B revolver have to be in a locked container while being transported to and from the range?

CHS
11-08-2010, 6:05 PM
If it's not loaded, then as far as I know it's not considered a firearm for the purposes of transport laws.

Obviously this changes once loaded, and once loaded can't be transported at all, locked container or not.

I don't believe an unloaded cap and ball revolver is required to be in a locked container during transport.

Mssr. Eleganté
11-08-2010, 6:13 PM
For the purposes of transport within California, a cap and ball revolver is treated just like a modern handgun.

So if you are transporting it concealed it needs to be unloaded and in a locked container (other than a glove compartment or center console) or in the locked trunk of the vehicle. If you are transporting in openly then it just needs to be unloaded and you need to stay out of "gun free school zones".

rivraton
11-08-2010, 6:43 PM
For the purposes of transport within California, a cap and ball revolver is treated just like a modern handgun.

So if you are transporting it concealed it needs to be unloaded and in a locked container (other than a glove compartment or center console) or in the locked trunk of the vehicle. If you are transporting in openly then it just needs to be unloaded and you need to stay out of "gun free school zones".

I guess I'll have to come up with a lockable container, I'd really have to work to find a route to the range that dosen't pass by a school...:(