PDA

View Full Version : A list of all cal legal paperwork needed!

daskraut
06-19-2006, 4:20 PM
Gents, when time allows, it would be really helpful to put up a sticky that has all the legal info needed for a person that is in posession of an OLL or firearm built with same, so when you get pulled over in the car or get questioned at the range, you can just hand them a nice list of all the reasons it is legal to be in posession of said weapon with all DOJ laws/documents in the folder for further reference. Meaning:1) state how it is legal to construct said weapon, and list the referenced material by page and paragraph and have said page and paragraph in the rear of the folder for reference, etc ..etc. This would be really slick since what you say does not mean ****, but printed matter from the cal doj is the very word of god to these folks. And please do not say "look at the FAQ" and figure it out!, you senior guys could help the newbies, plus most everyone will benifit in the long run from this. I ask this not for my benifit( I have no OLL), but for others. DK

Snuffalofogus
06-19-2006, 4:43 PM
you big brains out there need to put up a sticky that has all the info needed for a person that is in posession of an OLL or firearm built with same, so when you get pulled over in the car or get questioned at the range, you can just hand them a nice list of all the reasons it is legal to be in posession of said weapon with all DOJ laws/documents in the folder for further reference. Meaning:1) state how it is legal to construct said weapon, and list the referenced material by page and paragraph and have said page and paragraph in the rear of the folder for reference, etc ..etc. This would be really slick since what you say does not mean ****, but printed matter from the cal doj is the very word of god to these folks. And please do not say "look at the FAQ" and figure it out!, you senior guys need to help the newbies, plus we all benifit in the long run from this. DK

mean like the sticky at the top of the forum?

Charliegone
06-19-2006, 4:44 PM
ummm I think its there unless someone removed it.

...check..

yup its there. on top of this section.

thmpr
06-19-2006, 4:44 PM
This has been covered by Tony a few months ago. please do a search under Tonynorcal.

xYourLocalAR15x
06-19-2006, 4:52 PM
sheesh, and i thought i was lazy! hhaha
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=29795

daskraut
06-19-2006, 8:30 PM
The post was good, but incomplete. Plus one of the hyperlinks did not work:o . That is why I am requesting a sticky with all the info needed to cover thine ***. Hyperlinks and generalizations are worthless when confronting a gov employee. These folks need to see printed documents with their own logo (or higher) and enough info to get them to understand that YOU do in fact know the law and are willing to comply to the letter of the law.That way ,when you are helping him understand the law in you nice, soothing tone , he will feel like you are one of the boys, not some gun nut whacko trying to find loopholes so he can start al-queda west. I have read alot of the posts here and know there are some very bright folks around here. If this is done properly, anyone can go to the sticky and print away!. That is the stuff that helps us sleep the night before we go shooting.

C.G.
06-19-2006, 9:28 PM
The post was good, but incomplete. Plus one of the hyperlinks did not work:o . That is why I am requesting a sticky with all the info needed to cover thine ***. Hyperlinks and generalizations are worthless when confronting a gov employee. These folks need to see printed documents with their own logo (or higher) and enough info to get them to understand that YOU do in fact know the law and are willing to comply to the letter of the law.That way ,when you are helping him understand the law in you nice, soothing tone , he will feel like you are one of the boys, not some gun nut whacko trying to find loopholes so he can start al-queda west. I have read alot of the posts here and know there are some very bright folks around here. If this is done properly, anyone can go to the sticky and print away!. That is the stuff that helps us sleep the night before we go shooting.

You better get to it, then!:D

daskraut
06-20-2006, 5:06 PM
I would be on it like white on rice, but I lack the knowledge of the law and am not very familiar with what would be required. I would jump in and learn, but I am a registered pre-ban owner and am concentrating on a semi-auto MG42 so my hands are full.

REDHORSE
06-20-2006, 5:49 PM
Buy this (California Penal Code book): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/082056284X/sr=8-9/qid=1150853788/ref=sr_1_9/104-5241207-1344737?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Highlight or bookmark the pages the are pertinent. The book would probably be taken more seriously than a reem of printed pages from a couple websites & PDF (even if they came from the DOJ site). Most of the laws quoted on this forum are from this book alone.

Or just copy and paste these pages into a Word document. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/index.html

daskraut
06-20-2006, 9:45 PM
Ok. how about wanna you senior members step up to the plate and at least give a list of the pages and paragraphs that should be marked?

C.G.
06-20-2006, 11:40 PM
I would be on it like white on rice, but I lack the knowledge of the law and am not very familiar with what would be required. I would jump in and learn, but I am a registered pre-ban owner and am concentrating on a semi-auto MG42 so my hands are full.

And we are all sitting on our butts, just waiting to do something.:rolleyes:

daskraut
06-21-2006, 5:58 AM
sigh........I guess this is common among youngsters...(MTV generation).

GTKrockeTT
06-21-2006, 6:46 AM
instead of insisting people "need" to do this and that, perhaps you should have changed up your approach and asked nicely.

C.G.
06-21-2006, 4:35 PM
sigh........I guess this is common among youngsters...(MTV generation).

I think my previous post was sarcasm.

daskraut
06-21-2006, 8:45 PM
GTK, if I came off as an A.H., sorry bout that:o , totally not my intention. It is funny though when you compare the dry attitude here with some other boards..I just write it off to youth and the irritation caused when dealing with the gov!.

C.G.
06-21-2006, 11:41 PM
GTK, if I came off as an A.H., sorry bout that:o , totally not my intention. It is funny though when you compare the dry attitude here with some other boards..I just write it off to youth and the irritation caused when dealing with the gov!.

I write it off to the "give me, give me" attitude.

jdberger
06-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Ah...CG...your accent is getting in the way....

It's "gimme gimme"

Mr. Kraut,

We'd all be much olbliged if you'd take care of this. Most of our more brainy members have full time jobs, families and are busy assisting folks unable to use the SEARCH function. In addition, they often find themselves using their valuable weekends to help the rest of us build and troubleshoot our OL rifles.

So, like I said, please give us a hand. Put down your MG-42 and compile us a list (with hyperlinks, please) of stuff to carry around if the cops hassle us.

BTW, could you please include the Miranda case in there and any other 4A case you think might be significant. I'd do it, but my hands are full with wife, kids, the new Surefire I bought and I still haven't seen last night's Rescue Me.

Much Obliged....

jdberger

C.G.
06-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Ah...CG...your accent is getting in the way....

It's "gimme gimme"

jdberger

Maybe it is "Gibt mir, gibt mir", but I stand corrected.:)
You have been busy, haven't seen you post in a while.

daskraut
06-22-2006, 5:48 AM
DAMN!, you guys are some mean dogs!:eek: . I do not even need this as I have no weapon that is applicable, my stuff is all long registered. I was just thinking of others to be honest. Sorry to have given you the wrong impression.:(

jdberger
06-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Maybe it is "Gibt mir, gibt mir", but I stand corrected.:)
You have been busy, haven't seen you post in a while.so busy I've neglected that FAL. I'll have to try and get out on the 3rd. I'll wear flip-flops, too.

C.G.
06-23-2006, 9:56 AM
Damn CdotGdot and his MTV generation! He's corrupting the senior membership!
ROL :D :D :D

jdberger
06-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm veering hard here, but I just love the juxtaposition of CG in shorts, flip-flops and hawaiian shirt next to all the guys in camo.

That's why I'm bringing cold melon soup....with fruit garnish. And I'm taking pictures this time....!:D

C.G.
06-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm veering hard here, but I just love the juxtaposition of CG in shorts, flip-flops and hawaiian shirt next to all the guys in camo.

That's why I'm bringing cold melon soup....with fruit garnish. And I'm taking pictures this time....!:D

I was wearing camo! Try to find me in Hawaii, Fiji, Samoa etc..:D

jdberger
06-26-2006, 12:50 AM
I was wearing camo! Try to find me in Hawaii, Fiji, Samoa etc..:D
I'm betting that you'll vanish behind a bowl of my soup, too.
(I really am talking this stuff up, I better get to work on the recipe....last night the wife said, "too melony" WTF???:eek: )

xenophobe
06-26-2006, 2:17 AM
The post was good, but incomplete. Plus one of the hyperlinks did not work:o . That is why I am requesting a sticky with all the info needed to cover thine ***.

Wow you sure are a picky bastard aren't you?

The dead link is to the last DOJ memo... which doesn't hold any weight anyways... all of the other links provide all of the info you would want or need.

And since all of your stuff is registered, you don't even need this, so WTF?

You could have just posted in that thread "fix the link please"

*shrug*

daskraut
06-26-2006, 5:53 AM
Xeno, sorry for the anal-retentive attitude, but when you deal daily with the feds for 26 years, you tend to get that way. As for the request, I just thought (wrongly) that it would be a welcome resource for newer folks on this site to do a quick print-and shoot so there would be less verbage and more paperwork when "the man" smashes his fist down upon thee!. I know, do-gooderism on this site will not be tolerated... believe me, I learned.