PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 Pmag issues...

Evo
11-08-2010, 9:12 AM
Ok so it's been about a year I've put up with this mostly chalking it up to the PMC 223 I've been using but my 10/20 Pmags from Midwest Tactical always fire the first 8 rounds fine and then short stroke the 9th and sometimes the 10th too. The problem is much less prevalent on NATO spec 5.56, at least the Lake City stuff on the stripper clips. However I just bought some PRIVI PARTIZAN NATO 5.56 and it's short stroking on the 8th round just the same.

The supposed anti tilt follower does not seem to work after round 8, my normal fix is to lock back the BCG and use my finger to straighten the rounds in the mag, then the bolt chambers the round correctly. The rifle is a Spikes tactical lower and a Noveske 14.5" upper.

They are pinned mags so I can't really get into them, but what might be causing this? Is the spring not strong enough? could the 10/20 conversion be causing the issue? Should I try a Pmag conversion from Riflegear or a MagBlock? Are they significantly different modifications? USGI mags seem to function perfectly when I've tried them but I much prefer the look and weight of the Pmags.

Any advice would be appreciated.

KaLiFORNIA
11-08-2010, 9:15 AM
Buy all your mags from Ty at Midwest PX. ALL of mine are flawless! + 1 for Ty

THT
11-08-2010, 9:15 AM
The followers in 20rd PMAGs aren't four way anti-tilt so they tend to bind when the spring is compressed which can sometimes happen depending on how the conversion was done. You said "Midwest Tactical" but do you mean me, Midwest PX? If so, I'll send you a prepaid label and get into those mags to get them fixed.

ChrisTKHarris
11-08-2010, 9:17 AM
Try a dedicated 10 round or a 10/30 and see if that remedies the problem.

Evo
11-08-2010, 9:27 AM
Sorry, yes Midwest PX. Thanks, I'll PM you my email address.

ghost
11-08-2010, 9:31 AM
i had the same problems with my 10/20 pmags as well,i got rid them quick. i went the 10/20 bushmaster mags,they worked flawless.theyre kind of hard to find now since bushmaster quit making them.you can also try the armalite 10rd mags or the cproducts 10rd ones.