PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!

g21
11-07-2010, 6:49 PM
So i just picked up my wasr and took it apart cleaned it gun looked good. went out back and put a mag in it and tryed to cycle a few rounds and on the last round the bolt locked shut. what should i do?

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 6:55 PM
its the hammer getting hungup on the bolt carrier, no biggie. my romy G does it, but only BY HAND, firing it shouldnt, try polishing the bottom of the bolt carrier and surface and top of the hammer, then keep them oiled up you should be fine

g21
11-07-2010, 6:59 PM
its locked closed against the chamber with a round in it. took the top off and spring out mag out still nothing. the bolt literaly wont open.

g21
11-07-2010, 7:04 PM
here is a pic of the gun.

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 7:05 PM
its locked closed against the chamber with a round in it. took the top off and spring out mag out still nothing. the bolt literaly wont open.

oh wow sorry I misread. you have a potentially dangerous situation.
I would suggest you put it on the safe position, place the buttstock on the ground, sit down ( MAKESURE THE BARRELL IS POINTED IN THE SAFEST DIRECTION (nowhere near you)and hit the charging handle with a rubber mallet or even a hammer. even with the safety on the bolt will go back enough for it to unlock.

I would wait till some other people chime in here before you do that.
could use some other insight

EDIT I would put the recoil spring back in, so the boltcarrier dosent go back too far and possible damage your gun

tomd1584
11-07-2010, 7:08 PM
you mean you were cycling snap caps, right?

g21
11-07-2010, 7:09 PM
yeah not so good. i have heard these wasr's have weird problems but i didnt know of anything like this. and whats weird is that it is not closes all the way its like half an inch from closing but stuck like a rock. ill wait to see what some other ideas may be. could i transport it to a gunsmith with a bullet in the chamber?

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:09 PM
So i just picked up my wasr and took it apart cleaned it gun looked good. went out back and put a mag in it and tryed to cycle a few rounds and on the last round the bolt locked shut. what should i do?

First off please tell me you removed the firing pin before racking live ammo through your gun. If not......well your an idiot. If so.....then OK, just get a BFH or any other heavy object and pound the charging handle. The bolt will unlock and the round will eject.

If you did option #1, then you need to put the muzzle in the dirt and have another person beat the bolt carrier open.
DO NOT USE LIVE AMMO UNLESS YOU REMOVE THE FLOATING FIRING PIN. IT FLOATS AND CAN SET OFF A ROUND.

g21
11-07-2010, 7:10 PM
no live ammo. i have enough land where i can shoot it in my yard but i wasnt planning on discharging anything tonight.

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 7:11 PM
yeah not so good. i have heard these wasr's have weird problems but i didnt know of anything like this. and whats weird is that it is not closes all the way its like half an inch from closing but stuck like a rock. ill wait to see what some other ideas may be. could i transport it to a gunsmith with a bullet in the chamber?

they were snap caps or were they live?

I was under the impression that it was a live round, if so that counts as loaded. wich is a nono

g21
11-07-2010, 7:12 PM
yeah its a live round.

Captain Crunch
11-07-2010, 7:13 PM
why would you cycle a live round? thats an accident waiting to happen

invest in snap caps man

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 7:14 PM
yeah its a live round.

yeah so you couldnt legally transport it anywhere, even tho you have enough land to shoot, dont try firing it to unlock it since its not in-battery.

your just gonna have to hit the charging handle with a mallett.

be verrrrrrry very careful tho

g21
11-07-2010, 7:16 PM
could i remove the trigger parts without risking the hammer hitting the pin? then hit it with a hammer?

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:17 PM
yeah so you couldnt legally transport it anywhere, even tho you have enough land to shoot, dont try firing it to unlock it since its not in-battery.

your just gonna have to hit the charging handle with a mallett.

be verrrrrrry very careful tho

We had a guy bring a Marlin 1894 Lever gun into the shop with a live round.....Not good but I got it out and made the rifle safe.

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 7:19 PM
could i remove the trigger parts without risking the hammer hitting the pin? then hit it with a hammer?

I was thinking that too, but unless you know what your doing and are very familiar with it. I wouldnt take out the hammer just because I wouldnt want to risk it striking home.

if your anywhere in OC I can possible help you

sorensen440
11-07-2010, 7:19 PM
do you live in a single story home ? apartment ?
take extra precaution when trying any of the methods suggested

You did a very very stupid thing
expect a ration of crap for it...you deserve it.

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:20 PM

NO!!!!!!
DON'T DO THAT!
DO WHAT I POSTED EARLIER. Point at the ground and have another person hit the chraging handle.

When the FCG is removed the Safety comes out and the hammer falls. You could do it if you knew what you were doing but I'm not sure you can do it without that going off.

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 7:21 PM
We had a guy bring a Marlin 1894 Lever gun into the shop with a live round.....Not good but I got it out and made the rifle safe.

same thing with my buddies SKS, had a round stuck in the tube, I asked "its not a live round, right?" he ensured me several times it was a spent case. I kicked the charging handle with my boot and whattaya know, live round ejects:TFH:

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:21 PM

Sup dude:p

g21
11-07-2010, 7:22 PM

Yeah i guess i do deserve a whole bunch of crap, and i live in a single story home in a rural area out in riverside county.

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:24 PM
same thing with my buddies SKS, had a round stuck in the tube, I asked "its not a live round, right?" he ensured me several times it was a spent case. I kicked the charging handle with my boot and whattaya know, live round ejects:TFH:

I had never touched a lever gun before. I studied for a little while and completly took that apart, made it safe and reassembled into working order. Figured out what happened and told the dude he got luckey, the primer had a light impact.

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 7:24 PM
Yeah i guess i do deserve a whole bunch of crap, and i live in a single story home in a rural area out in riverside county.

let me know later on via PM if you have no luck
im prob signing off for a few

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 7:26 PM
I had never touched a lever gun before. I studied for a little while and completly took that apart, made it safe and reassembled into working order. Figured out what happened and told the dude he got luckey, the primer had a light impact.

phew....

:smash:

g21
11-07-2010, 7:26 PM
My fear is if the round goes off without the bolt fully shut. it could get real bad if it goes off. im not so much worried about the bullet as much as i am about the other metal parts blasting backward out of the chamber.

QQQ
11-07-2010, 7:28 PM
Hey there!

I've had the exact same problem before with my AK pistol.
The only thing that worked was to jam the carrier handle backwards against a table or something to make the carrier slide back and eject the round. I'M NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS NECESSARILY THE RIGHT THING FOR YOUR SITUATION-ONLY THAT IT WORKED IN MINE. Of course, I only did this on a shooting range with the barrel pointed towards the targets...

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:30 PM
My fear is if the round goes off without the bolt fully shut. **** could get real bad if it goes off. im not so much worried about the bullet as much as i am about the other metal parts blasting backward out of the chamber.

OK once again, please do what I suggested. The round won't go off as long as you don't touch the trigger and you get the bolt to unlock. Keep it pointed at the ground and have another person hit the charging handle.

Trust me, I know my way around a gun.

g21
11-07-2010, 7:31 PM
maybe thats my best choice

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:33 PM
Hey there!

I've had the exact same problem before with my AK pistol.
The only thing that worked was to jam the carrier handle backwards against a table or something to make the carrier slide back and eject the round. I'M NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS NECESSARILY THE RIGHT THING FOR YOUR SITUATION-ONLY THAT IT WORKED IN MINE. Of course, I only did this on a shooting range with the barrel pointed towards the targets...

That is the standard POS commie gun clearing drill. He's at home not a range, that's why I suggested he have somebody else hit the handle while he keeps the rifle pointed at the ground.
Oh, soft ground too, no concrete.

Captain Crunch
11-07-2010, 7:34 PM
maybe thats my best choice

normally i would tell you that SJgunguy is lying to you , but having him on my Facebook and seeing his daily posts about AK this and Saiga that Ive come to the conclusion that the man knows his way around an AK/Saiga ... ARs , not so much :p

g21
11-07-2010, 7:35 PM
alright if you see me on the 10 o'clock news you know what happened to me.......... be back in a few min to let you know what happens.

g21
11-07-2010, 7:36 PM
before i go why do you think it locked down like that?

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:40 PM
normally i would tell you that SJgunguy is lying to you , but having him on my Facebook and seeing his daily posts about AK this and Saiga that Ive come to the conclusion that the man knows his way around an AK/Saiga ... ARs , not so much :p

WTF??? Who the hell is this?

OH, it could have locked up for any number of resons but I wouldn't worry about that now. Look at the case when you get it out, if there's any hard marks on it that could be the reason.

g21
11-07-2010, 7:48 PM
so went out beat the hell out of it it moved back a bit but not enough to release the round.

pyro3k2
11-07-2010, 7:49 PM
Put your recoil spring back in, take it off safe and try that again.

g21
duhhh the safety.

g21
got it! THANK GOD

g21
11-07-2010, 7:50 PM
thank you guys for all your help i was sweating bullets literaly!

g21
11-07-2010, 7:51 PM
I swear i will never use live ammo to test the gun, lesson learned!

SJgunguy24
11-07-2010, 7:52 PM
so went out beat the hell out of it it moved back a bit but not enough to release the round.

That's enough to push the round up from the bottom through the top.

OK, don't ever do that again unless you remove the firing pin.

My advice to you is read more before picking that up again.

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 7:52 PM
glad it worked out

pyro3k2
11-07-2010, 7:53 PM

glad no one got hurt

g21
11-07-2010, 7:55 PM
That's enough to push the round up from the bottom through the top.

OK, don't ever do that again unless you remove the firing pin.

My advice to you is read more before picking that up again.

10-4 on that one thank you so much! now im nervous about taking it to the range on wed.

Captain Crunch
11-07-2010, 7:55 PM

Snap caps are worth it man ... $15-30 in plastic can save you a bunch of money in ND charges

g21
11-07-2010, 7:56 PM
glad it worked out

thanks for the advice dude!

luckystrike
11-07-2010, 8:18 PM
thanks for the advice dude!

not a problem!
I wouldnt be discouraged from taking it to the range, give it a few hundred rounds and itl be broken in and you wont run into problems like that again.
but if it does happen at the range, just put it down and call for the range master, theyl get it sorted out.

take it easy

g21
11-11-2010, 5:08 PM
So I'm still having issues with the wasr. took it out to shoot it today, pulled back the bolt to put a round in the chamber and the round came out of the mag but did not go into the bolt it went ahead of it. Which caused the bolt not to close all the way.

SJgunguy24
11-12-2010, 3:05 AM
So I'm still having issues with the wasr. took it out to shoot it today, pulled back the bolt to put a round in the chamber and the round came out of the mag but did not go into the bolt it went ahead of it. Which caused the bolt not to close all the way.

Mag height issue.

g21
11-12-2010, 5:08 AM
Should I contact cai? Or take it back to the store