PDA

View Full Version : C&R license takes place of HSC????

Croweman08
11-07-2010, 4:43 PM
Wanted to know if this is true. I was at markley's in watsonville today and decided to take the hsc test. I took it (30/30 thank you very much:D) After taking the test i mentioned to the GF that all i needed now was my COE. The guy who corrected my test said i ddint' need to take the test because i had my C&R. Is this true???

ke6guj
11-07-2010, 5:10 PM
If you have a C&R FFL and a COE, you are exempt from the HSC for C&R handguns, not modern handguns.

Croweman08
11-07-2010, 5:31 PM
So to clarify, if i want to buy a colt model 1903 in 38 acp made in the thirty's i would still need my hsc to purchase it??? right??? I even asked the guy multiple times and he even went to another guy and came back with the same answer?!?! So how does it work when you purchase a C&R handgun out of state without having Kommifornia's HSC??? would i have to take the test?? i hate this god damn state!!!

ke6guj
11-07-2010, 5:39 PM
that 1903 colt would be a C&R handgun, so if you had your C&R FFL and COE, you would not need an HSC to purchase it.

12807. (a) The following persons, properly identified, are exempted from the handgun safety certificate requirement in subdivision (b) of Section 12801:
(6) A federally licensed collector who is acquiring or being loaned a handgun that is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, who has a current certificate of eligibility issued to him or her by the department pursuant to Section 12071.

If you are physically out-of-state, and purchase a C&R handgun, you don't need to comply with the HSC regs at all, since that only applies when in-state.

Croweman08
11-07-2010, 5:56 PM
ok, so if i'm physically out of state and buy a c&r handgun and bring it into the state(or say bought from another state and mailed it to my ffl), i know i have to declare it with an atf form and $19. Now this is where i get confused, in either situation personally bought out of state/mailed in from out of state would i have to take the hsc??

beemaze
11-07-2010, 6:34 PM
ok, so if i'm physically out of state and buy a c&r handgun and bring it into the state(or say bought from another state and mailed it to my ffl), i know i have to declare it with an atf form and $19. Now this is where i get confused, in either situation personally bought out of state/mailed in from out of state would i have to take the hsc??

it's a CA DOJ form notifying them you brought it in from out of state so it can be de facto registered for a $19 processing fee.

brought in from out of state - no hsc

transferred from your local dealer to you - hsc needed unless ( as stated above) you have your c&r and COE for the X13 exemption and a 10 day waiting period "collector" exemption

ke6guj
11-07-2010, 6:35 PM
ok, so if i'm physically out of state and buy a c&r handgun and bring it into the state(or say bought from another state and mailed it to my ffl), i know i have to declare it with an atf form and $19.if you had a C&R FFL, you could buy it while physically out-of-state and bring it back with you, no HSC needed. You would report it to CADOJ (not ATF) with the $19. There is no need to have it mailed to your FFL. You are an FFL in this situation, so no need to involve a CA dealer in the mix.

Now this is where i get confused, in either situation personally bought out of state/mailed in from out of state would i have to take the hsc??

bring it in yourself with your C&R FFL and no need for an HSC. Have it mailed in from out-of-state and now you heed to play the HSC game with the CA dealer (unless you ahve both the C&R FFL + COE).

Croweman08
11-07-2010, 6:49 PM
awesome thanks for the info guys!!!! you are scholars and gentlemen!!