View Full Version : Mounting a GunVault Mini in Trunk of Vehicle

11-06-2010, 7:28 PM
For those not familiar with the GunVault Mini, there's a short youtube review on the box here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wisSXX2AP6w

The idea I have is to mount one of these in the trunk of the car, drilled in or attached physically somehow to the floor of the trunk. It can then be sprayed and lined with matching trunk carpet and tucked away in the back. The main purpose is to always contain an emergency handgun in a safe and legal way (safe being we could trust a carwash or valet parking attendant to be deterred enough to not want to spend the time trying to pull the box out, if they were to see it in the trunk). Ultimately it's another step in Prep for SHTF, because I could imagine many scenarios when I have my car with me, and am not home.

But First: has anyone attempted this, or something like this before? I'm wondering how hard it would be to securely attach it to the trunk. The box has holes it in for drilling and comes with screws for the purpose of bolting it to the floor, but I don't think a car/vehicle attachment was the intended purpose.

If no one has attempted it or something like this before, and people find it interesting, I'll make a tutorial and try to post it here.

11-06-2010, 7:44 PM
Haven't done it; have considered it. I don't think it would be too tough, given what I've seen others do re auto mods, but this isn't very similar to what I do all day and I don't want to use my current daily driver as the guinea pig, so that's as far as this has gone for me.