bballwizard05
11-06-2010, 2:58 PM
big time sucker

stevie
11-06-2010, 3:01 PM
Now, now:cool:

WWII collector
11-06-2010, 3:01 PM
I decided to start collecting historical firearms. Rather than trying to learn anything about them first I figured why have money if I'm not going to spend it. So the more it costs the better it is, right?

Well I ran across the deal of a lifetime. A friend of a friends friend had his Grandfathers M1 carbine. Sadly his Grandad had run up a terrific debt on gambling and ladies or negotiable virtue and needed money.

So he sold me the M1 carbine his grandad carried when he went ashore on Terawa and it was the same rifle he carried when he raised the flag on Mt. Serabachi and his grandad was there when MacArthur accepted the japanese surrender on that battleship. The rifle itself is a pristine WWII carbine made by Universal. It also has the rare Marine Recon belt holster. I know I may have paid too much but it's national treasure and I'll never let it go. I was able to talk the grandson down to $1850.00!!!

Now I have to find some collector ammunition and I'll be all set.

Make fun of me all you want,I don't mind, bottom line I got em and you don't.

dlkk
11-06-2010, 3:03 PM
This is going to get good! :lurk5:

cannon
11-06-2010, 3:08 PM

There is where you are dead wrong my friend. I've been collecting them since 1977.

WWII collector
11-06-2010, 3:12 PM
There is where you are dead wrong my friend. I've been collecting them since 1977.

Congratulations you must have a nice collection, but I'm not your friend.

cannon
11-06-2010, 3:18 PM
Congratulations you must have a nice collection, but I'm not your friend.

Thank you and the "My friend" was sarcastic.

WWII collector
11-06-2010, 3:21 PM

Really ???????

Just out of curosity, what is your favorite weapon ?

jcruzer619
11-06-2010, 3:52 PM
IBTL

RMorenoUSA
11-06-2010, 3:57 PM
lordy lordy... IBTL

WWII collector
11-06-2010, 4:01 PM
lordy lordy... IBTL

What is IBTL.. ?

cntrolsguy
11-06-2010, 4:03 PM
IBTL

Dutch3
11-06-2010, 4:06 PM
In Before The Lock

bballwizard05
11-06-2010, 4:07 PM
ibtl= in before the lock. Something that inevitably happens when two people begin bickering in a thread with no substance... but where could i find a situation like that...? :whistling:

cannon
11-06-2010, 4:19 PM
Really ???????

Just out of curosity, what is your favorite weapon ?

A Colt .45 ACP model 1911. It was made in 1914 and refitted for WWII. Parkerized, bakalite grips added. It is not the finest, highest value or most significant one but it was the first and still my favorite. It also shows the wear of being in a World War. "That pistol has been there and done that." I wish it could talk. It got me hooked on WWII American firearms.

WWII collector
11-06-2010, 4:41 PM
Great weapon !!

Rogerbutthead
11-06-2010, 4:46 PM
Just some thoughts.

It would be nice if every gun collector had an experienced friend who would point out the problems with their every purchase or if they had the ability to research the weapon in a timely manner.

Didn't happen that way for me, pre-internet access.

Probably doesn't happen that way for most of you.

Those who did buy smart, congratulations.

As a side note, money - like beauty - is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure some people here have lost more money on bad stock investment decisions then I have tied up in my entire collection. Overspending by a few thousand on a particular weapon won't bother them much.

I don't see the need to start a thread just to insult them.

I do like seeing what you guys buy however, so please keep the threads continuing.

CSACANNONEER
11-06-2010, 5:02 PM

So you're cheating on me now? I thought I was your ONLY sarcastic friend, my friend.:rolleyes: BTW, that Norico M1 Carbine with ATI telescopic stock, from WWII and rare original recon belt with the super secret squirrel velco fasteners is a great find and will go well in your collection.

pullnshoot25
11-06-2010, 5:27 PM
I can't believe the current CGN ban currently relegates me to partaking in this sh**ty ****.

I am going to pluck out my eyeballs now.

freonr22
11-06-2010, 5:54 PM
pns is jonesin

cannon
11-06-2010, 5:58 PM
So you're cheating on me now? I thought I was your ONLY sarcastic friend, my friend.:rolleyes: BTW, that Norico M1 Carbine with ATI telescopic stock, from WWII and rare original recon belt with the super secret squirrel velco fasteners is a great find and will go well in your collection.

Dude, All my friends are sarcastic. It's what makes them a pleasure to be around.:D

PowderBurn1
11-06-2010, 6:28 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/Mosby1863/FailPic-1.jpg

CSACANNONEER
11-06-2010, 6:36 PM
Dude, All my friends are sarcastic. It's what makes them a pleasure to be around.:D

I think you used the wrong smiley here. Didn't you mean to use this one?:rolleyes:

BTW, if you are looking for a real piece of history, I can makefind an authentic WWII cigarette gun, for to sell you.;) I just need a couple weeks heads up to bury dig it up and make sure it looks "old".;)

Cali-Shooter
11-06-2010, 6:41 PM
I decided to start collecting historical firearms. Rather than trying to learn anything about them first I figured why have money if I'm not going to spend it. So the more it costs the better it is, right?

Well I ran across the deal of a lifetime. A friend of a friends friend had his Grandfathers M1 carbine. Sadly his Grandad had run up a terrific debt on gambling and ladies or negotiable virtue and needed money.

So he sold me the M1 carbine his grandad carried when he went ashore on Terawa and it was the same rifle he carried when he raised the flag on Mt. Serabachi and his grandad was there when MacArthur accepted the japanese surrender on that battleship. The rifle itself is a pristine WWII carbine made by Universal. It also has the rare Marine Recon belt holster. I know I may have paid too much but it's national treasure and I'll never let it go. I was able to talk the grandson down to $1850.00!!!

:D:D:D

IBTB.

mosinnagantm9130
11-06-2010, 7:08 PM
I can't believe the current CGN ban currently relegates me to partaking in this sh**ty ****.

Current? So it's not a perma from those boards?

Back on topic, y'all need to take a :chillpill:

No need to bash.

Oh, and..................

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/mosinnagantm9130/Motivators%20and%20Stuff/IBTDStarWars-1.gif

GMG
11-06-2010, 8:11 PM

This particular rifle has a long history, the M1 Carbine.

Tarawa, 11/43 - Iwo Jima, 2/45 and the surrender of the Japanese, 7/45.

I might be missing something here, but I don't see anything about Universal untill after the the Korean Conflick!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

smeg
11-06-2010, 8:28 PM
I am sure some people here have lost more money on bad stock investment decisions then I have tied up in my entire collection.

that depends. how many zeros are we talking about here :D

stitchnicklas
11-06-2010, 9:19 PM
ibtl.....

pullnshoot25
11-06-2010, 9:32 PM

Current? So it's not a perma from those boards?

Back on topic, y'all need to take a :chillpill:

No need to bash.

Oh, and..................

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/mosinnagantm9130/Motivators%20and%20Stuff

Ll/IBTDStarWars-1.gif

I really hope it's temporary. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

TregoMark
11-06-2010, 10:41 PM
This is awesome. Nice job cannon on capturing the current zeitgeist. "wwii collector" needs to STFU and read more than her/she/it posts. PNS, I understand your frustration. :D Oh, and IBTL...

TregoMark
11-06-2010, 10:59 PM
What is IBTL.. ?

Priceless. From someone who's had at least two threads locked in the month since they've been here.

Tanner68
11-06-2010, 11:05 PM

If anyone thinks Cannon showed poor judgement in starting this thread, collector's comment sure vindicates him.

TRICKSTER
11-06-2010, 11:19 PM

How long before this guy self destructs? http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/images/smilies/Dancing_Grenade3.gif

vf111
11-06-2010, 11:24 PM
IBTL....:eek:

freonr22
11-06-2010, 11:28 PM
thats racist

bruce381
11-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Did I miss something this is a joke right? universal as we all know is a post war clone and not a very good one

bruce381
11-06-2010, 11:31 PM
never mind I get it

Milsurp Collector
11-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Did I miss something this is a joke right? Universal as we all know is a post war clone and not a very good one

Don't assume that everyone knows that. The only reason someone would know that is if they took the time and made the effort to learn something about carbines. Otherwise, they might fall for a BS story that couldn't be true. That is the main point that has been made over and over again: know as much as you can about collectible stuff before buying it. Knowledge can save you from falling for BS and making a bad purchase.

microwaveguy
11-07-2010, 3:23 PM
How long before this guy self destructs? http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/images/smilies/Dancing_Grenade3.gif

Somebody has to say it ........ TWO WEEKS :D

WWII collector
11-07-2010, 3:34 PM
Don't assume that everyone knows that. The only reason someone would know that is if they took the time and made the effort to learn something about carbines. Otherwise, they might fall for a BS story that couldn't be true. That is the main point that has been made over and over again: know as much as you can about collectible stuff before buying it. Knowledge can save you from falling for BS and making a bad purchase.

I don't think I made a bad purchase, I have a nice Carbine that my family likes to shoot, can you put a price on that. It shoots like a Carbine, it looks like a Carbine from other Carbines I've seen. All I ask is let this thread die, how many more people want me to look like the fool that I am. Does that make you feel better. I bit on a noobie story, what more can I say. You guys sure like to rub someones face in it.

cannon
11-07-2010, 4:01 PM
I don't think I made a bad purchase, I have a nice Carbine that my family likes to shoot, can you put a price on that. It shoots like a Carbine, it looks like a Carbine from other Carbines I've seen. All I ask is let this thread die, how many more people want me to look like the fool that I am. Does that make you feel better. I bit on a noobie story, what more can I say. You guys sure like to rub someones face in it.

Just ask the mods to delete this thread. It's O.K. by me if you do. I even deleted the first post for you.

comblock
11-07-2010, 4:06 PM
Whew. IBTL. This is going to be an epic thread.

Milsurp Collector
11-07-2010, 4:09 PM

No no no, don't misunderstand, I don't think your carbine is bad, although you might have paid too much for it because it came with a BS story. It's a nice arsenal-rebuilt M1 Carbine, I have two from the CMP just like it. I'm sure it is a fine shooter and it probably saw action in World War II and possibly Korea.

But if someone bought a commercial carbine made in the 1960s because they believed some BS story about it being on Tarawa and Iwo Jima, that would be a bad purchase. :)

steve91104
11-07-2010, 6:23 PM

:lurk5: