PDA

View Full Version : PRI 6.8 10 round mags...FYI

thmpr
06-18-2006, 12:01 PM
All,
Just want to pass along my feedback about the PRI 6.8 10 round magazines. I purchased several 10 round magazines several weeks back and had the chance to try these babies on my Barrett and found that all mags were having feeding problems. Both had different types of feeding problems. I thought it was the ammo, but I tried both the Remington and SAA and they had the same issues. Found original Barrett mags on the internet which is made by PRI and tried these yesterday. Guess what?---> No Issues!!! So it is official, the PRI mags are the issue. There are several differences between the original and aftermarket (Both PRI---> Go figure).

Original: Light blue follower, much stronger spring.
Aftermarket: Dark green follower, recoil of spring is much less felt when depressed.

Faulty mags has been shipped back to PRI for analysis.

Just my $.02

thmpr
06-18-2006, 4:17 PM
Never had any problems with the PRI mags I've had since last year.

Same here... Just these two 6.8 mags. What PRI told me that they were having higher complaints on certain batches of the 6.8 10 round mags. I might have gotten this batch. This was a FYI to all.

xenophobe
06-18-2006, 5:06 PM
Are you talking about the PRI mags that come with the 6.8 Magpul followers?

thmpr
06-18-2006, 5:14 PM
Mike,
Yes.. Was there a problem with these?

xenophobe
06-18-2006, 6:26 PM
My PRI ten rounders have a dark green follower marked 6.8 from Magpul.

tenpercentfirearms
06-18-2006, 7:28 PM
So where is the best place to get 6.8 mags? I have a LMT CQB package that is due soon and I know quite a few of you other will too. I should get a few in stock so I can take care of us all.

thmpr
06-18-2006, 8:43 PM
Wes,
I would buy the 6.8 mags from DPMS since they are using the blue followers that came with the Barrett rifles. PRI stated the color would not matter but it sure made a difference with mine. All mags with the blue followers worked flawlessly (200 rounds ea.). The problem mag was with the dark green followers. I have four on order with my buddy in Colorado which cost me $30.00 ea. I can't complain about the price and it is the original mags that came from Barrett.