View Full Version : Winter Projects

11-05-2010, 6:47 PM
Mosin and Nagant are both superior Gun Smiths. Gathered the last parts and am ready for for winter projects here in Colorado. I was raised in Auburn CA. and the help of the Army. This site helps me stay connected and not move back.

What Mosin Projects do you have for your winter project? Here are some of the past and present projects:

I understand the purist at heart, All Mods made from lost hopes and brought back to life to be put to use.

11-05-2010, 10:07 PM
No real Mosin projects...aside from a new (as in old) lifter assembly for a '37 SCW Tula. It has feeding issues but I want to keep the original floorplate, even though the numbers don't match.
My real project...and this has been haunting me for nearly a year, is my Turk Forestry Berthier carbine. I'm going to try an electrolysis tank for all the small parts...then I need a little acraglass on the stock and some band springs and Lord knows what else.

I nearly choked when I saw all the Russian weapons in your pictures...but if they were lost puppies as you say, better to go under the knife than the torch. Nice work, BTW.

01-06-2011, 7:24 PM
Finished the Parts Mosin Nagant, Fun Project. Happy shooting.....

01-06-2011, 7:56 PM
What annoys me is the Jackwagons who cut down those stocks always do it at the rear barrel band spot, and the rifle just looks like hell afterwards (not saying that is waht you did)

01-07-2011, 8:40 PM
Just cleaning the Cosmo from my M44. I've been too lazy to break it down for the last couple of months.

01-12-2011, 6:08 PM
Send it to me and I will clean it and get it back to you next fall...lol.

01-12-2011, 6:15 PM
My goal is to finally clean out the sticky bolt problem from 2 of my 91/30's and my remaining m44. I cleaned and cleaned and now I guess I have to polish the chambers but dang I don't look forward to being afraid to take too much!

My '29 is a beauty and every time I shoot it its smooth action reminds me to get some of my other mosins scoured down.

Other than that, nothing, my little mosin family seems pretty happy.

01-12-2011, 7:29 PM
got my arisaka working. summer project that turned into a winter project. mixed a broken and another malfunctioning mosin.

01-12-2011, 7:29 PM
The only project I have left to do Mosin wise is have the bolt handle redone on my 42 Izzy PU sniper. Its a resnipered ex-PU with a Izzy base, Izzy mount, and 1942 SVT scope but the bolt handle was done horribly.
Other projects include new wood for my Saiga 308 and maybe finally get started on that HT k98 sniper I want to build.

Ergo the Qualmed
01-12-2011, 7:37 PM
My Mosin-related project, is to actually GET a Mosin--the SKS is getting lonely in this capitalist hell-hole. Luckily, there is a Big-5 down the street...

01-15-2011, 6:48 PM
My Mosin-related project, is to actually GET a Mosin--the SKS is getting lonely in this capitalist hell-hole. Luckily, there is a Big-5 down the street...

Do not wait to long, they seem to be getting less available....

I am working my 2nd Winter Mosin Nagant, and I am on the hunt for my 10th M44...cant seem to turn away from 'em