PDA

View Full Version : New address on brown card?

bigd92021
11-04-2010, 9:52 AM
Went to purchase a gun last night, My Ca Drivers lic. has my old address but I have a stamped brown card from the DMV with my new address and I was told that the DOJ sent out letters to FLL's to no longer accept them..is this true?

jtmkinsd
11-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Went to purchase a gun last night, My Ca Drivers lic. has my old address but I have a stamped brown card from the DMV with my new address and I was told that the DOJ sent out letters to FLL's to no longer accept them..is this true?

Leave it to CA to not accept a document issued by their own State agency, but yes it's true...Right or wrong, I do know of FFLs that still accept them however...so you need to check with your respective FFL.

kemasa
11-04-2010, 12:39 PM
It depends on what you mean by accept. If the address on your license does not match your current address, then you need additional proof. For the Feds it needs to be from the government. There is a thread on the ID requirements from Wes, which is quite helpful.

allenst65
11-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Used the brown address change card last week on a DROS with no problem. My real problem is with DMV as my license expires next week. Yes I sent the renewal, they cashed the check, then nothing. I called to see if my license was lost and they said no, we just haven't printed it yet. They confirmed it was renewed and had the corrected address, yet they have now changed the format of the actual license and have created their own backlog.

DMV could not advise how long it would take to get these printed, so I asked what should I do in the meantime, carry a copy of my cashed renewal check if I get stopped ... if I need to fly for business, what do I do with no photo ID ??? The clerk said "well you can get a temp I.D., but that won't have your photo ... uh... I don't know".

That was his priceless advice after waiting 42 mins on hold to get him. What a joke this state is.