PDA

View Full Version : Hakim/Rasheed gas valve screw

mdouglas1980
11-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I took both apart and cleaned the gas tubes and I was wondering how snugly I should have my gas valve adjustment screw on my Hakim or Rasheed?

The Rasheed screw will sit snug with the pie shape turned toward the receiver but my Hakim does not I have to keep it about a half turn loose, is this ok?I'm thinking to go back and leave it a little more loose since I would need to adjust it for more or less pressure. I realize that the pie shape on the valve nut should be pointed to the receiver when you start to adjust it for the ammo that you would be shooting.

Does the valve screw on my Rasheed need to be looser or should I leave it snug?

I was planning on taking them to the range tomorrow or this week so I would like some input on this

Thanks,
Mike
Edit: I was planning on running Yugo Surplus through it

Nodda Duma
11-07-2010, 7:09 AM
Sounds like you may not have the piece that keeps the valve from turning? If not, I have a POC you can order from. If so, then sounds like you have it set right. Don't forget to take your key

Nodda Duma
11-07-2010, 7:10 AM
Ah let me clarify: talking about the Hakim

mdouglas1980
11-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I figured it out. What's a POC? Is that the exploded parts diagram of it? Yeah I have a gas adjustment tool for it. I had to take it apart as my Rasheed since the gas port adjustment lock was upside down and wasn't moving at all, I was a little concerned since it looked like the foot on it that keeps it in the slots in adjustment was worn but I took it to the range on Friday and it functioned wonderfully. I think I may still buy another gas port adjustment lock though. I found out when field stripping both that they both use the same adjustment lock.

Nodda Duma
11-07-2010, 5:54 PM
Sorry, POC = point of contact. As in, someone to contact that has hakim parts. Navy taught me to use acronyms real well