PDA

View Full Version : Want to get a lower from riflegear today, which one?

Jake71
11-03-2010, 9:06 AM
I'm headed to riflegear today if I can decide which lower to start with.

1. Mega Machine
2. Spikes Tactical SL15 w/ colorfill
3. JD Machine

I know little to nothing about building a rifle and it's been sooo long since I even saw an M4/AR15 outside a video game.

All things equall (all three milspec), is there one that is better quality wise? One that is more mil-spec than the other?

I like that JD Machine is in San Diego which is kinda funny considering this is the state that hates the AR15 in civilian hands and went out of it's way to ban them. It's irony at it's best.

Is it preference?

Seriously they all look the same with no notable differences.

What do I take with me?
1. Drivers license is valid but has old address on it.
2. Passport?
3. I don't have utilities in my name, I live with my gf. I might have a credit card bill around here somewhere if that will suffice?

Also, do I need to buy a lock at time of purchase for a stripped lower? I have a locking guncase that I can take along if necessary in 10 days for pickup.

Thanks
jake

stphnman20
11-03-2010, 9:09 AM
I'd get the calguns lower. It's up to you though. They are all the same.

bjl333
11-03-2010, 9:22 AM
I'd get the calguns lower. It's up to you though. They are all the same.

Ditto !! Calguns lower = JD Machine.

Recession
11-03-2010, 9:33 AM
1) Your drivers license will need your current address on it, if not, please see #3

2) No.

3) Credit Card bill will not suffice. You will need a utility bill, car registration, or any official government document with your name and your current home address printed on it.

No lock needed for stripped lowers.

Jake71
11-03-2010, 9:45 AM
Ok I have my car registration with the current address on it. I'll gather my stuff, shower and see about getting on the road.

Recession
11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Ok I have my car registration with the current address on it. I'll gather my stuff, shower and see about getting on the road.

Just to be on the safe side, make sure you have a change of address card from the DMV with your current address.

FuzzyBrows
11-03-2010, 1:03 PM
riflegear will treat u good. thats where i got my lower too. i myself got the JD 2nd (JD made a batch for a client but they went back on the deal so riflegear sold them for 79 bucks) but in retrospect i wish i would of gotten the spike tactical because i think the color fill looks pretty sick all 3 were going for 99 bucks! but anyways, any lower would do you good, its the uppers where your gonna have to spend a lot of time doing research and money. when buying any firearm, you are required to buy a lock as well by law. that being said, you stated you had a locking case but it has to be purchased in the last 30 days with an original receipt of the purchase. without that receipt, you gonna have to buy a new lock along with the lower.ive bought a few things at riflegear and a 7 dollar lock has got to be the worst thing ive ever walk out of that store with lol.

ChrisTKHarris
11-03-2010, 1:05 PM
CGN Lower!

DannyInSoCal
11-03-2010, 1:08 PM
RifleGear is GTG !!!!

Plus you can buy all the other parts you need for your build -

I bought a 6.8 upper from them cheaper than I could find online...

Jake71
11-03-2010, 1:37 PM
I purchased the JD Machine lower a bit ago.

The guy that helped me was cool.

I probably looked like a deer in the headlights, ok, with a smile too.

All those lowers were looking good and so were the completes on the wall.

Sorry for any newb questions but I'm still confused on what the difference is between all the guns at say, riflegear, presently and the ones before the "assault weapons ban"?

Did they ban certain models and so manufacturers changed the model by one letter and thus made it legal again?

Locked magazine w/ 10 rd capacity... from my understanding just from looking at pics/prices/websites, it appears that it takes microseconds to remove/replace with a standard release or can be used in one of two modes.

Criminals will still use "assault weapons" without locks and stuff, so is the bullet button/ locked 10rd magazine for comforting the sheeple?

I bought a lower now because i fear with each and every election that Brown, Boxer and others win.. the choices we are allowed to make will slip further and further away. However it seems that the ability to buy a scary looking gun went away, but came back a few months later after models changed?

I hope I'm making sense in a not-so-confusing way. (without being too much of a smartass)

thanks guys.

Recession
11-03-2010, 3:34 PM
The Flowchart is your friend...

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Jake71
11-03-2010, 6:49 PM
So they are happy as long as it doesnt have a detachable mag.

Cool.

Riflegear
11-04-2010, 11:36 AM
So they are happy as long as it doesnt have a detachable mag.

Cool.

Not exactly. It can not listed by name or by features.

This is where that flow chart comes in handy.

Riflegear
11-04-2010, 12:05 PM
No lock needed for stripped lowers.

Locks or a safe affidavit are needed for stripped receivers.

Just to be on the safe side, make sure you have a change of address card from the DMV with your current address.

The brown DMV change of address cards are not acceptable. A DMV print out will work though.

Jake71
11-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I can't wait to pickup the lower and if I have the funds, a lower parts kit.

Recession
11-04-2010, 5:35 PM
Locks or a safe affidavit are needed for stripped receivers.

The brown DMV change of address cards are not acceptable. A DMV print out will work though.

:mad: Those are what I meant to say. It just didn't come out right. :o

Sikhawk
11-06-2010, 6:28 PM
Calguns lower for the win. http://www.riflegear.com/p-592-calgunsnet-stripped-lower-bear-logo-special-run.aspx