PDA

View Full Version : FFL help in Kentucky?

Wir3d
11-03-2010, 7:28 AM
Hello All,

Im trying to purchase an AR stripped lower from an individual in Kentucky. He is having a difficult time finding a FFL who will ship it to my FFL here in CA. Does anyone know of any CA friendly folks in the Louisville area?

Thanks,

rromeo
11-03-2010, 8:27 AM
He doesn't need an FFL to ship it, as long as your FFL will accept from a non-FFL.

jtmkinsd
11-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Hello All,

Im trying to purchase an AR stripped lower from an individual in Kentucky. He is having a difficult time finding a FFL who will ship it to my FFL here in CA. Does anyone know of any CA friendly folks in the Louisville area?

Thanks,

As long as it's not an assault weapon lower, he can ship to your FFL directly with a legible copy of his state ID.

GoingQuiet
11-03-2010, 12:07 PM
There is no requirement on behalf of the ATF or the federal government regulating interstate shipment of firearms from an individual to a California FFL to require a legible copy of his state ID.

If CA has a law that requires state ID, I wouldn't be surprised but given the fact that the CAL DOJ shipment verification program says this is for FFL's only and you do not need CAL DOJ approval for an individual to FFL shipment, I'm not certain.

YMMV.