PDA

View Full Version : hey all ar build

moooboy
11-02-2010, 9:46 PM
I purchased a spikes lower today and need to get a lower parts kit for my build. anyone know where to buy a lower parts kit WITH a bullet button already in the kit?
thanks

kahai808
11-02-2010, 9:48 PM
oo, good luck man, just go with a DPMS kit and then buy the bullet button. you'll always have the magazine release if SHTF, who would want to use a bullet button???? bullet buttons are really inexpensive.

moooboy
11-02-2010, 9:56 PM
what does SHTF mean? I have to use a BB to be legal a piece of metal isn't worth my freedom:)

PyroFox79
11-02-2010, 9:59 PM
Parts kits ( as far as i know) dont come with a BB. You have to buy them separate. I think on average between all the models they cost around 20 bucks. It doesnt mean any thing if you just have a regular mag release as long as you dont have it on your gun while in California with the evil features on your gun.

SHTF mean Sh*t Hits The Fan

Dexster
11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Part kits do not include a BB, unless you are buying one that is put together by a local dealer.

but as other have mentioned they are dirt cheap!

and great outlook, do it legal or don't do it at all :)

Dead*Reckoned
11-02-2010, 10:02 PM
what does SHTF mean? I have to use a BB to be legal a piece of metal isn't worth my freedom:)

There is no constructive possession for the AW ban in california. You are allowed to have a standard release as long as your not using it to drop mags for a center fire AR in standard configuration.

moooboy
11-02-2010, 10:07 PM
ok ill order separate
I already have a preban/w many hcap mags, legally registered in 2000 of course. I think i was one of the few that did register it after everyone told me not to, but i did anyway. I just wanted to build another and maybe have the .22 conversion also.
thanks all

JRent54
11-02-2010, 10:23 PM
DAMN! Everybody has pre ban hi cap mags, I wish my parents would've given me mags, instead of toys and clothes as gifts. Its ok ill just wait for the law to be overturned, or move to another state.

PyroFox79
11-02-2010, 11:13 PM
DAMN! Everybody has pre ban hi cap mags, I wish my parents would've given me mags, instead of toys and clothes as gifts. Its ok ill just wait for the law to be overturned, or move to another state.

Could have joined the military and had some end up in a sea bag that you find years later like me. Most of mine came from a sea bag that hadn't been opened since i left iraq in 2006

Don29palms
11-03-2010, 9:52 AM
The Rock River Arms LPK has better FCG than the DPMS kit.

moooboy
11-03-2010, 10:04 AM
next question, should i use a dpms lower parts kit?
if so wheres the cheapest place to buy one?
thansk

Don29palms
11-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Use an RRA LPK. One place you can buy it is www.parallaxtactical.com

sirnonz
11-03-2010, 12:43 PM
ok ill order separate
I already have a preban/w many hcap mags, legally registered in 2000 of course. I think i was one of the few that did register it after everyone told me not to, but i did anyway. I just wanted to build another and maybe have the .22 conversion also.
thanks all

just remember not to use your preban hicap mags in your bullet buttoned ar.

G38xOC
11-03-2010, 1:10 PM
next question, should i use a dpms lower parts kit?
if so wheres the cheapest place to buy one?
thansk

i think midway has em for good price . at least last time i checked .
if your in orange county area . u can prolly pick em at riflegear n save some money on gas

mikaarce
11-03-2010, 2:24 PM
Or go featureless and use your mags without bb.

slappomatt
11-03-2010, 4:59 PM
probably already know this but FYI 22LR builds don't need a BB. They are completely exempt from the AW laws. Full featured anything goes.

moooboy
11-03-2010, 7:24 PM
Ya i know about no BB on 22lr, not sure i will have that as an option and really dont mind using a BB. I have sooo many other semi 22's i really dont need another.

donking
11-03-2010, 8:49 PM
Ya i know about no BB on 22lr, not sure i will have that as an option and really dont mind using a BB. I have sooo many other semi 22's i really dont need another.

Also, don't put a BB on your registered AR.

Hump0311
11-03-2010, 8:54 PM
Have you posted a WTB add in the marketplace? I'm 100% that there are more than a few CG's sitting around with some extra parts kits that they would be willing to sell

moooboy
11-03-2010, 9:16 PM
Also, don't put a BB on your registered AR.
never planned to........
I'll thry the wanted section, just trying to save a few coins

bigpappa0095
11-03-2010, 9:20 PM
I purchased a spikes lower today and need to get a lower parts kit for my build. anyone know where to buy a lower parts kit WITH a bullet button already in the kit?
thanks

what's wrong with adding the parts kit to the cart, then adding the mag lock?

GUNFREAK
11-03-2010, 9:23 PM
The Rock River Arms LPK has better FCG than the DPMS kit.

+1 on Rock River.

only10x
11-03-2010, 9:29 PM
you can try afew of our members, if you got the time PM them in sure they will hook you up. I always try to buy thru a calgunners where all possible
I bought my LPK and bullet button from these two gents.

Norcal industries
Tunis

SKSer
11-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Man my parents gave me hi cap mags too!!! How weird. I remember when I was thirteen I came down stairs on Christmas day and there was a olive drab footlocker underneath the tree just packed full of high caps.

The next year I got in alot of trouble and all I got was a 10 rounder in my stocking.