PDA

View Full Version : .308 Pmag Problems

Rekrab
11-02-2010, 7:11 PM
So I love pmags, they feed the best, they look the best. The problem is that they're extremely tight in my lower and have to be pulled out when I release them.

I've got a TM lower with a DPMS parts kit and Raddlock Gen-X. I'm thinking something might be adjusted wrong. When I look at the cproducts mags I've been testing, I notice that the magazine catch is taking a hefty gouge out of the side of the mag and on the rear of the magazine. I tried filing down the Pmags in the same areas but it didn't seem to help.

If anyone can think of something else to try I'd be all ears.

supermario
11-02-2010, 7:36 PM
I had same problems with a few c-product mags in my JD machine lower, yet those same mags fit perfect in my other lowers?
They jus didn't match up. I got rid of those specific mags and the other cproduct mags I had worked fine!
I didn't understand why they didn't work when others did? It was easier jus to trade mags for others.

bomb_on_bus
11-02-2010, 7:36 PM
push the mag catch button all the way in the lower so you can then back the mag catch out with a couple of turns. Keep doing that until the magazine will drop out freely when you enguage the mag button with what ever tool you use or if featureless no tool at all. It sounds like the mag catch is turned too far leaving tension on the magazine even when you push the mag catch button in to release the magazine. the mags shouldnt be the problem as it sounds like the mag catch is too tight.

Rekrab
11-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Definitely not the mag catch. I keep it pushed down and it is fully out of the magwell. The magazines are catch on something I just can't figure out where. I think I'm going to need to get some sandpaper and go medieval on these things.

Rekrab
11-04-2010, 1:27 PM
Finally got them working! I had to shave off some material from the back corners and the groove that sticks out. They slide in and out very nicely now.