MaHoTex
11-02-2010, 7:00 PM
Man this REALLY is not good.

freonr22
11-02-2010, 7:02 PM
brown 53% boxer 53% exit polls

Lead-Thrower
11-02-2010, 7:02 PM
How can they even tell at this point??? The polls only closed 2 friggin minutes ago. :confused:

Dexster
11-02-2010, 7:03 PM
FOx news called it also... but god i hope they are wrong about both :\

MaHoTex
11-02-2010, 7:04 PM
Well, we knew the outcome before we even went to the polls. It is just a real bummer for us. I wish they would just go away. All of them...

woodsman
California is just messed up.

bodger
It's exit polls. Not always reliable.

Eat Dirt
I'm keep'in my hopes up that Boxer gets Dumped

dustoff31
11-02-2010, 7:05 PM
How can they even tell at this point??? The polls only closed 2 friggin minutes ago. :confused:

Yep. Way too early to speak with authority on the matter.

But it's probably correct nevertheless.

faterikcartman
11-02-2010, 7:06 PM
I can only hope that some of the Brown supporters here are amongst those who will lose their jobs and/or homes over his tax policies. Unfortunately, many are likely, or will likely become public employees and will rejoice.

Drivedabizness
11-02-2010, 7:07 PM
FOx news called it also... but god i hope they are wrong about both :\

My brethren on this Board are (respectfully) misguided if they think having JB back as Gov is good.

He led us to /caused most of the dysfunction that we see today.

We will win our gun rights back in the Courts. We have just been set back horrendously in our attempts to take control of the union run government.

Silverlake223
11-02-2010, 7:07 PM
God help this state! There is nothing these liberals can give away anymore. Congrats on winning a 21 billion dollar broken state where the Dems are already in control... :(

a1c
11-02-2010, 7:08 PM
I can only hope that some of the Brown supporters here are amongst those who will lose their jobs and/or homes over his tax policies. Unfortunately, many are likely, or will likely become public employees and will rejoice.

If you think Whitman wasn't going to raise any taxes, that means you were supporting widening the state deficit.

MaHoTex
11-02-2010, 7:08 PM
My brethren on this Board are (respectfully) misguided if they think having JB back as Gov is good.

He led us to /caused most of the dysfunction that we see today.

We will win our gun rights back in the Courts. We have just been set back horrendously in our attempts to take control of the union run government.

And he wants to do away with Prop 13!!! That is the only issue I cared about this election for Gov.

ir0nclash86
11-02-2010, 7:21 PM
Brown and meg are tied now at this point. Don't know about boxer.

bulgron
11-02-2010, 7:21 PM

Sweet.

Did you ever stop to consider that many of us decided that Brown was the lesser of two evils? Whitman clearly was not qualified for the job. Not only would she have gotten run over by our legislature, she also would have ended up pushing for the same policies that you seem to fear from Brown. She's no more a conservative than Brown is.

But this is a point that the bitterly partisan amongst us just can't seem to comprehend. Any disaster is way worse than the disaster that the 'R's are pushing, isn't that right?

wellerjohn
11-02-2010, 7:23 PM
With half the Precincts counted Whitman and Fiorina are winning! How accurate are these exit polls?

GOVERNOR - Vote For 1
Completed Precincts: 335 of 621 VOTE COUNT PERCENTAGE
MEG WHITMAN 27901 57.51%
JERRY BROWN 16694 34.41%
CHELENE NIGHTINGALE 1487 3.06%
DALE F. OGDEN 969 2.00%
LAURA WELLS 685 1.41%
CARLOS ALVAREZ 557 1.15%

UNITED STATES SENATOR - Vote For 1
CARLY FIORINA 30580 63.39%
BARBARA BOXER 13383 27.74%
GAIL K. LIGHTFOOT 1381 2.86%
MARSHA FEINLAND 1055 2.19%
EDWARD C. NOONAN 1046 2.17%
DUANE ROBERTS 711 1.47%

bulgron
11-02-2010, 7:28 PM
With half the Precincts counted Whitman and Fiorina are winning! How accurate are these exit polls?

GOVERNOR - Vote For 1
MEG WHITMAN 27901 57.51%
JERRY BROWN 16694 34.41%
CHELENE NIGHTINGALE 1487 3.06%
DALE F. OGDEN 969 2.00%
LAURA WELLS 685 1.41%
CARLOS ALVAREZ 557 1.15%

GAIL K. LIGHTFOOT 1381 2.86%
MARSHA FEINLAND 1055 2.19%
EDWARD C. NOONAN 1046 2.17%
DUANE ROBERTS 711 1.47%

They're usually pretty accurate.

My guess is that the less populated precincts (which will trend Republican) are reporting first. The heavily populated precincts (which will trend Dem) are probably still counting votes.

uxo2
11-02-2010, 7:29 PM

GOVERNOR - Vote For 1
MEG WHITMAN 27901 57.51%
JERRY BROWN 16694 34.41%

WTF ..........

OleCuss
11-02-2010, 7:30 PM
At 53% on the exit polls the odds are very high that the election returns will, indeed, favor both Brown and Boxer.

I voted against both of them. But all is not lost. At least we can continue to blame the California mess on its rightful blame recipients - the Democrats.

Also, if the Democrats retain the Senate and the Oval Office it means that they have to take much of the blame for what will continue to happen to our country. A Republican House and Senate would not be enough to fix our problems over the next two years anyway since there will not be an override majority in either the Senate or the House - and Obama will veto the attempts to stop his crazy regime.

Also, if the Senate stays Democrat - and especially if Harry Reid retains his seat and the Senate Majority Leader post, that is probably a net good thing for the RKBA. You can have a solidly Republican House proposing nationwide CCW with a Democrat Senate possibly concurring - and Obama wondering if he can really afford to antagonize both parties by vetoing the legislation? It could be pretty close to the ideal congressional mix until Obama is up for re-election in 2012.

So there is a silver lining. . .

ZX-10R
11-02-2010, 7:31 PM
I wanted them to win but with so many liberal wackos in this state, I can only rejoice that the demos in this state suffer more for their weak mindedness in voting for the same clowns who contributed to CA's decline. You guys made the bed...Enjoy it.

OleCuss
They're usually pretty accurate.

My guess is that the less populated precincts (which will trend Republican) are reporting first. The heavily populated precincts (which will trend Dem) are probably still counting votes.

It's probably something similar to that.

sorensen440
It's exit polls. Not always reliable.
about as reliable as the 10 day weather forecast from what Ive seen in the past

sd_shooter
Senate
9% Precincts Reporting

# of votes
% of votes
Boxer (D)
46%
Incumbent
Fiorina (R)
48%
Lightfoot (LB)
2%
Noonan (AI)
2%
Feinland (PF)
1%
Roberts (GR)
1%

greasemonkey
11-02-2010, 7:32 PM
ABC NEWS has a good data-only breakdown of the nation, then you can select your state and watch from there. Just numbers, none of the commentary BS or stupid video feed.
http://abcnews.go.com/politics/2010_Elections/page?id=10476449

this times eleventy-billion!

ale014
11-02-2010, 7:32 PM

hoping the same thing; we need boxer out!

Rascal
11-02-2010, 7:35 PM
According to MSNBC
Carly is ahead with 48% 429193 for Boxers 46% 409903
It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

VW*Mike
11-02-2010, 7:38 PM
What worries me is FOX news is calling it. It aint over yet, but I hope for the best, while preparing for the worst. If this proves to be true, this state is RUINED. I did not vote for Brown. Pro 2A yes, but ALL the other issues could not be overlooked.

Blackhawk556
11-02-2010, 7:43 PM
looking at this map shows that the bay area decided who wins

http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2010/california/senate

kcbrown
11-02-2010, 7:50 PM
A Republican House and Senate would not be enough to fix our problems over the next two years anyway since there will not be an override majority in either the Senate or the House - and Obama will veto the attempts to stop his crazy regime.

Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans can fix our problems, because both parties are fundamentally the same in all the ways that really matter. Both want big, overbearing, freedom-robbing government. Both are against liberty. Both are against fundamental rights. Freedom and the individual creative drive it fosters are the only things that are going to get us out of this mess, and both parties have spent decades stripping those from us, until the country has become an empty husk that bears only the faintest of resemblance to its former self.

Until the population at large finally recognizes that both parties are ethically and mentally bankrupt, this country will continue its headlong slide into the abyss.

Westerner
11-02-2010, 7:51 PM

Jesus. Looks like all the libs in the Bay Area,Northern Cali love Boxer.

Blackhawk556
11-02-2010, 7:52 PM
msnbc hasn't called it

sources?????

Rascal
11-02-2010, 7:53 PM

That plus LA will give the win to Boxer. :(

Blackhawk556
11-02-2010, 7:53 PM
Jesus. Looks like all the libs in the Bay Area,Northern Cali love Boxer.

yeah only them

it looks like the rest dont

EDIT

man looks like babs did pull it off :(

Westerner
11-02-2010, 7:55 PM
yeah only them

it looks like the rest dont

EDIT

man looks like babs did pull it off :(

And there's alot of them.:D

beemaze
11-02-2010, 7:56 PM
Makes me laugh how many people think Brown is pro 2A. He says he supports the constitution, but at the same time he says on local news stations that CA can regulate handguns and "assault weapons" as they wish (after the SCOTUS decision). He has said there will be a fight in the courts to sort the 2nd Amendment out. Sorry, but this sort of thinking is NOT pro 2A. It's called sitting on the fence and going with it, regardless of the court's future decision. He's a crafty, sneaky politician. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," so say the Californians that have voted for Brown.

Ranger Jim
California schools are in the dumps, economy is in the dumps, crime, etc.. is up, talk about time for a change but the liberals can't see past their Peete's coffees, and yoga mats. Hide your guns boys

Window_Seat
If Boxer stays, this tells me (beyond a reasonable doubt) that the majority of those who voted for Boxer would most definitely vote for USSR style communism, and that is what those voters will be referred to as by me, nothing more or less.

Erik.

JimWest
Boxer and Brown? No big deal. Time to quite enabling the abusers and let the state hit utter rock bottom. Then maybe we can wean it off the liberal heroin for good! But alas, it'll be so far gone that the Chinese will have to take it over. ;)

bwiese
11-02-2010, 7:58 PM

1. Learn basic civics. Tax policy is not really set by governor.

2. Regardless of who wins governorship, idiots seem to be voting to reduce the
2/3 budget vote, which was the most important vote of all.

3. What have you done to future-proof your career?

stphnman20
11-02-2010, 8:00 PM
It's Bush's fault!

lol.

Foulball
11-02-2010, 8:01 PM

That was absolutely the most important initiative on the ballot. I can't believe the voters are going to pass that... actually, on second though I can. :mad:

bulgron
11-02-2010, 8:01 PM
I continue to predict a total state government bankruptcy within two years.

Nerfherder
11-02-2010, 8:02 PM
Boxer and Brown? Really? This state deserves what it gets gets.

By the way, I hope everyone making comments on this thread voted. You don't get to stand by the sideline, then cry and moan. Well you can, but it just makes you a hypocrite.

kellito
11-02-2010, 8:04 PM
Makes me laugh how many people think Brown is pro 2A. He says he supports the constitution, but at the same time he says on local news stations that CA can regulate handguns and "assault weapons" as they wish (after the SCOTUS decision). He has said there will be a fight in the courts to sort the 2nd Amendment out. Sorry, but this sort of thinking is NOT pro 2A. It's called sitting on the fence and going with it, regardless of the court's future decision. He's a crafty, sneaky politician. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," so say the Californians that have voted for Brown.

So your laughing at people like Bill? He did help in the McDonald case after all. I guess that does not count as 2A support.

MaHoTex
11-02-2010, 8:05 PM

You are right on BWeise. The 2/3 budget is by far the most important in California right now. If that passes we go further down the path of failure.

beemaze
11-02-2010, 8:06 PM

?

you mean the same idiots that voted for Brown?

fred40
Four years from now Cali is going to be a bigger s!#t hole. Maybe then we'll have a real republican and people will be fed up with dems.

stphnman20
Well guys, Boxer got it. Stand by to bend over..

Again..

ZX-10R
11-02-2010, 8:08 PM
More reason to hate libs and the less well to do...Thanks CA for being dumb.

Rekrab
11-02-2010, 8:09 PM
Call it what you want, nothing's in stone yet. Chill out for a bit. Grab a beer, plan your next gun purchase to piss off liberals.

kcbrown
11-02-2010, 8:11 PM

He's a politician running for office, and you're going to believe and trust what he says?!?

The only thing that matters is what politicians do. You should know that by now, and I can't believe you're actually basing your evaluations on what any of these politicians are saying, especially when they're running for office.

You must be very young to have such an incredibly naive point of view.

Rascal
Not so fast Carly is only behind by 9000 votes.

bwiese
you mean the same idiots that voted for Brown?

Hey sonny, calling me and other 2nd-Amendment only voters an idiot?

I'll take an IQ test with you anytime.

bwiese
11-02-2010, 8:12 PM
Not so fast Carly is only behind by 9000 votes.

There's still a chance.

Boxer has very high negatives and I think people are tired of her.

Feinstien has much higher positives and is thought of as smarter.

kcbrown
11-02-2010, 8:13 PM
Well guys, Boxer got it. Stand by to bend over..

Again..

It just means nothing changes with respect to the CA position in the Senate. It would be very nice indeed to oust her but I suspect it's not critical. The governor's race is much more critical.

tempdrummer
11-02-2010, 8:13 PM
Seriously Boxer for a 4th term? Why do people continue to vote for that nutbag?

beemaze
11-02-2010, 8:15 PM
He's a politician running for office, and you're going to believe and trust what he says?!?

The only thing that matters is what politicians do. You should know that by now, and I can't believe you're actually basing your evaluations on what any of these politicians are saying, especially when they're running for office.

You must be very young to have such an incredibly naive point of view.

I guess you must be incredibly old to have forgotten what Brown has done in the past to financially ruin California....

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 8:16 PM
Here's another site for polls

http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/Senate/2010

Victory
11-02-2010, 8:18 PM
Hey sonny, calling me and other 2nd-Amendment only voters an idiot?

I'll take an IQ test with you anytime.

One track minds.

:no:

-Vic

Skidmark
11-02-2010, 8:20 PM

Feel the love... Sheesh :rolleyes:

Wishing for CGN members to lose their jobs? I remember when CalGuns was a much friendlier place.

kcbrown
11-02-2010, 8:20 PM
I guess you must be incredibly old to have forgotten what Brown has done in the past to financially ruin California....

That was 30 years ago!

How different were you 30 years ago from what you are now? Are you seriously going to tell me that your viewpoint was the same back then as it is now? Assuming that you're even that old, that is...

If you're not at least 40 years old then you have precious little ground to stand on with respect to knowing how much people change in that amount of time. This is why when it comes to evaluating candidates, their most recent actions are the most relevant.

So how/when has Jerry Brown made fiscally poor choices in the past 10 years?

BluNorthern
11-02-2010, 8:21 PM

Prop 25 looks for sure like it's gonna pass. Unbelievable that the voters in this state are so easily duped. They've just opened the door....stupid, stupid people.
Looks like Newsome is winning too... won't even comment on that. At least Kamala looks like she won't be AG.

Rascal
11-02-2010, 8:21 PM
Carly is behind by only 3519 votes now.
That's not much folks.

smokeysbandit
11-02-2010, 8:22 PM
CNN online is showing Babs and Fiorina split at 47% with a 4000 vote advantage to Babs. Lots of hope left!
-Brandon

X-NewYawker
11-02-2010, 8:23 PM
This entire state continues to act like a suicide cult. The main problem is the people who LIVE off the state tit outnumber the tax base -- they can vote to keep themselves in the rest of our tax money. Great. nevada's looking VERY enticing...

bulgron
11-02-2010, 8:23 PM
Oops, misread the page. Never mind.

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
11-02-2010, 8:26 PM
The thing that really gets me is the fact that Brown was Davis's Chief of Staff... Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.

*Please take this with a grain of salt, I am a non-voting teenager who loves politics.

Rascal
11-02-2010, 8:28 PM
I think the Solano will go to Boxer, but if Carly can take Riverside, there is a good possibility that she can win. I think the this won't be over until the absentee ballots are counted.

Serpentine
11-02-2010, 8:29 PM
I continue to predict a total state government bankruptcy within two years.

Yep, and that is what it is going to take to win a major overhaul election in 2012. Sometimes it takes a damn hard beating to come into reality.

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 8:30 PM
Carly is behind by only 3519 votes now.
That's not much folks.

19k now

Window_Seat
11-02-2010, 8:32 PM
Not so fast ya'll, ma'am's, etc...

KTVU.COM:

Carly Fiorina: 1,247,935 47
Barbara Boxer: 1,246,965 47

Not all precincts reporting as of yet...

beemaze
11-02-2010, 8:34 PM
That was 30 years ago!

How different were you 30 years ago from what you are now? Are you seriously going to tell me that your viewpoint was the same back then as it is now? Assuming that you're even that old, that is...

If you're not at least 40 years old then you have precious little ground to stand on with respect to knowing how much people change in that amount of time. This is why when it comes to evaluating candidates, their most recent actions are the most relevant.

So how/when has Jerry Brown made fiscally poor choices in the past 10 years?

At least 40, thank you.

kcbrown
11-02-2010, 8:37 PM
At least 40, thank you.

Then you should be aware of how much your viewpoint can change in 30 years. If not, then, well, either you figured everything out awfully early (good for you! But then, why would you assume everyone else did/does?) or you still have a lot to learn.

1911_sfca
11-02-2010, 8:37 PM
Barf. barf.

veeklog
11-02-2010, 8:39 PM
I think it is too early to call California. the race is too close, and I think Riverside may put Fiorina over the top. It is one of the hardest hit counties for foreclosures in the Country, and people need change.

Nor-Cal
11-02-2010, 8:41 PM
Call it what you want, nothing's in stone yet. Chill out for a bit. Grab a beer, plan your next gun purchase to piss off liberals.

++1

tempdrummer
11-02-2010, 8:44 PM
These predicted wins are driving me crazy. Dear Newscasters, Stop saying someone won when the votes aren't counted yet. Thanks.

localguy
Another 6 years of apathy for Boxer! Hopefully it's not over yet...

hill billy
Of all the races across the country I am watching, I most want ma'am out. Her ego is just too damn big.

Noah3683
So you expect a democrat to just come out and state that he's pro 2A and that he doesn't agree with CA gun laws while honestly expecting the tree huggers to elect him? He's gonna say what he has to in order to get those votes. Letting all those OLL's slip on through and his brief for McDonald in favor of incorporation says a lot. Both candidates suck. Whitman got me with the illegal immigrant working for her and the fact she would just be Arnold Jr anyway. Plus she was going to raise taxes too whether she admits it or not. She's a damn liar and has no experience on top of it. Her maid proved to me where her values are, and illegal immigration is one of my very hottest points.

Big Dog Howie
11-02-2010, 8:45 PM
I seriously got on line and started to look for a job in Arizona,Texas,Idaho.
I really can't belive the people in this state are that stupid to elect 2 morons that have done nothing but help send this state down the toilet.One has been doing it for over 20 years the other one wants another crack at it.

Nerfherder
11-02-2010, 8:45 PM
And people wanted him back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIlzYD4tk78

Rascal
11-02-2010, 8:49 PM
Carly just took Riverside and put her ahead by 19474 votes.

ale014
11-02-2010, 8:50 PM
I think it is too early to call California. the race is too close, and I think Riverside may put Fiorina over the top. It is one of the hardest hit counties for foreclosures in the Country, and people need change.
+1

I hope so too.

another +1 :)

MaHoTex
Boxer(Incumbent) 1,414,936 47%
Fiorina 1,434,410 48%

And this is from CNN.

ale014
Carly just took Riverside and put her ahead by 19474 votes.

YES

ColdDeadHands1
11-02-2010, 8:53 PM
It sickens me that we are stuck with that evil rotten witch boxer for SIX MORE YEARS. Maybe she will die before then. Unfortunately for us, look at the other hag feinscum. Isn't she about 110 now? Looks like we are stuck in this state with these two. Absolutely sickening we are "represented" in DC by these two. :mad:

Here you go people of California, you asked for her...

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site568/2010/1102/20101102_095909_boxer-beforeelections-400_300.jpg

MaHoTex
If they have to go to Mail ballots Boxer is toast.
Rep make up 52 % of mail in, Dems 34%, and Ind the remaining which are falling 60% republican this time around.

Please count the mail ins....

realbadlarry
Give it up guys...the computers know the voting better than we do. She lost, so did CA.

bulgron
11-02-2010, 8:54 PM
Solano still isn't in. MSNBC still thinks Boxer will win.

Could we be seeing one of those irritatingly long and painful recalls in which the Dems "find" all kinds of votes, and they keep counting until every last dead person has voted?

stphnman20
11-02-2010, 8:55 PM
Carly is on top!!!!!!!

SideWinder11
Calry is winning with 20% of the vote in now

http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/Senate/2010

I hope she wins

Manic Moran
I seem to recall this happened the last time the AG was up for grabs: The Rep was a fair bit ahead in the raw numbers when I went to bed, when I woke up, the cities had reported in their final tallies and Brown had won it.

NTM

RMP91
Might wanna change the name of the Thread to "Brown and Fiorina declared the winners in CA"! Carly just took Riverside County and that has her above Barb. by at least 20k votes. Don't give up hope!

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 8:56 PM
just saw a poll. Fiorna has a very small small majority right now according to NBCLA

bulgron
11-02-2010, 8:57 PM
Fiorina: 1,442,867 48%
Boxer: 1,419,201. 47%

30% vote counted.

Come on, Carly!

RMP91
11-02-2010, 8:58 PM
But as far as Brown goes..... This reminds me of an REM song....

"It's the End of the World as we know it!"

Add in the Carly Fiorina part...

"And I Feel fine!"

hill billy
11-02-2010, 8:58 PM
Boxer will sue for sure if she loses.

Window_Seat
11-02-2010, 8:59 PM
Let's not call this thing until we have 100%.

Erik.

Skidmark
11-02-2010, 9:00 PM
With so many ballots mailed in, it's going to take a long time (days) before they're all counted. In most cases, the registrar of voters will cross-check the signatures on the envelopes with official records, and with the rosters at polling places, to be certain the absentee ballot is not from someone who also voted at the polls. This all takes time... I would not be surprised if we have some cliff-hangers in this state, on into the weekend.

Anchors
11-02-2010, 9:01 PM
If they have to go to Mail ballots Boxer is toast.
Rep make up 52 % of mail in, Dems 34%, and Ind the remaining which are falling 60% republican this time around.

Please count the mail ins....

Why wouldn't they count mail in ballots??

I'm whatever about Brown. I just can't take Whitman seriously at all.

I really hope Boxer loses. She is such a hypocrit. She has a CCW for god sakes!

I'm curious as to whether the DA of SF won AG. Hope not.

scarville
11-02-2010, 9:02 PM
Regardless of who wins governorship, idiots seem to be voting to reduce the 2/3 budget vote, which was the most important vote of all.
Yep. That's one of the three reasons I bothered to vote at all in this election.

stomper4x4
11-02-2010, 9:03 PM
Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans can fix our problems, because both parties are fundamentally the same in all the ways that really matter. Both want big, overbearing, freedom-robbing government. Both are against liberty. Both are against fundamental rights. Freedom and the individual creative drive it fosters are the only things that are going to get us out of this mess, and both parties have spent decades stripping those from us, until the country has become an empty husk that bears only the faintest of resemblance to its former self.

Until the population at large finally recognizes that both parties are ethically and mentally bankrupt, this country will continue its headlong slide into the abyss.

Dude stop with all of this obvious common sense stuff. Don't you know that the hip thing to do is vote for the lesser of the two evils? Evil is in, even if it is of the lesser variety. :rolleyes:

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
11-02-2010, 9:05 PM
How I am glad that it is less then 3 years until I can declare residency in another state... Idaho, I cannot wait to call you home...

F8ality
11-02-2010, 9:07 PM
I know there has been made mention of several things but Prop 23 not passing will be huge when it comes to taxes and future budgets....there wont be anything to budget. Im online looking for a job out of the state as I type...

Sabot
11-02-2010, 9:07 PM
That was absolutely the most important initiative on the ballot. I can't believe the voters are going to pass that... actually, on second though I can. :mad:

It looks like the California voters gave our state legislature a blank check. Once again my one vote didn't make a difference. I'm giving up now.

freonr22
11-02-2010, 9:10 PM
It looks like the California voters gave our state legislature a blank check. Once again my one vote didn't make a difference. I'm giving up now.

were you naive enough to think the powers to be would let you or me make a decision?

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 9:10 PM
calgunners lets all hold hands and pray for Carly!

Anchors
11-02-2010, 9:12 PM

Haha, isn't that how the commercial goes.

"Give Sacramento politicians a blank check! To spend however they please!!" Cue in scary score.

Anchors
calgunners lets all hold hands and pray for Carly!

Yeah. I think regardless of how we all voted for governer that we can all agree that Boxer is the devil incarnate.

stomper4x4

I don't think I ever had a vote that made a difference in this state.

ale014
still a pretty close race..lets not call it quits yet...i'll hold hands go carly!

taperxz
11-02-2010, 9:13 PM
Whats killing me right now is Kamala Harris is winning!! Brown is no problem and even Boxer doesn't mean that much as a senator being that the house was taken over by Repubs. The big overall picture is what matters and now that we gave the assembly and senate carte blanch on a 50/50 vote on the budget we will really be screwed!!! That and Kamala Harris IMO

P.W.
I just don't see how Exit Poll date can give Boxer the win, it is so close and it keeps flipping back and fourth.

Its Not over & Carly Really Has A Chance, C'mon Carly!!!

greasemonkey
Aw crap, we're just beginning to feel the effects of a damn hard beating from Barry'n'pals from the last two years...there's more butt-whoopin we gotta take???

Yep, and that is what it is going to take to win a major overhaul election in 2012. Sometimes it takes a damn hard beating to come into reality.

MrSigmaDOT40
11-02-2010, 9:15 PM
Looks like a few more votes came in for one of the cemetery districts and Boxer is back in the lead

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 9:16 PM
I just don't see how Exit Poll date can give Boxer the win, it is so close and it keeps flipping back and fourth.

Its Not over & Carly Really Has A Chance, C'mon Carly!!!

Ya bro. liberal media for sure. One poll had Carly ahead in votes but put the check mark on Boxer...? WTF right?

Window_Seat
11-02-2010, 9:18 PM
Whats killing me right now is Kamala Harris is winning!! Brown is no problem and even Boxer doesn't mean that much as a senator being that the house was taken over by Repubs. The big overall picture is what matters and now that we gave the assembly and senate carte blanch on a 50/50 vote on the budget we will really be screwed!!! That and Kamala Harris IMO

Dude... Where are you getting your numbers??

http://www.ktvu.com/election-results/25609197/detail.html

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=359170

These numbers seem like the most updated.

Erik.

thayne
11-02-2010, 9:19 PM
The media is no different tonight than any other night. They spew crap and its not over till all the votes are counted.

Remember when they called Gore the winner?...

ale014
11-02-2010, 9:23 PM
The media is no different tonight than any other night. They spew crap and its not over till all the votes are counted.

agreed..lets just wait it out and let the media put their spin, we should know for sure in a few days

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 9:23 PM

Yep. That was some bs as well. We can only hope its the same crap again. Go Carly!
Did any of you see the Pro boxer ad against Carly about abortion and "assault weapons"? That ad made me vote for Carly!

P.W.
11-02-2010, 9:24 PM
Ya bro. liberal media for sure. One poll had Carly ahead in votes but put the check mark on Boxer...? WTF right?
Dude check these out, one is the Denver post via AP data & other is Fox. No way Boxer should have had a check, its just the Lib. Media trying to save face and are afraid to tell people that CA could really go RED.

http://www.denverpost.com/election2010/ci_16500977

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/election-map-2010/#race=keyRaces&pres=false&state=ca&tab=senate

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 9:25 PM
its gonna be a long night. Did you guys hear about the mess in Colorado? 5000k votes diff w 74% in and they make have given 30k votes to the rep by accident. How does this crap happen?

freonr22
11-02-2010, 9:27 PM
Dude check these out, one is the Denver post via AP data & other is Fox. No way Boxer should have had a check, its just the Lib. Media trying to save face and are afraid to tell people that CA could really go RED.

http://www.denverpost.com/election2010/ci_16500977

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/election-map-2010/#race=keyRaces&pres=false&state=ca&tab=senate

per 2nd link
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)* (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/candidates/barbara-boxer-1705)

57,385 Votes

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/candidatebios/F/60339_small.jpg (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/candidates/cara-carly-carleton-fiorina-60339)
Carly Fiorina (R-CA) (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/candidates/cara-carly-carleton-fiorina-60339)

28,985 Votes

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 9:28 PM
Carly down by 19k votes! Thats nothing!
Whats this about mail in voters? How does it work? Wouldn't that give the majority votes to Carly?

Citadelonline
11-02-2010, 9:29 PM
Wow, a lot of consternation over what?, an incoming governor who's 2a record is about the same as the outgoing governor, and senator that may not be pro gun but a congress that now knows better than to champion anymore anti gun legislation. Something that actually concerns me is that an overly ambitious, (read presidential aspirations) ultra liberal San Francisco mayor named Gavin Newsom is now a heartbeat away from the governors mansion.

mtptwo
11-02-2010, 9:29 PM
Yep. That was some bs as well. We can only hope its the same crap again. Go Carly!
Did any of you see the Pro boxer ad against Carly about abortion and "assault weapons"? That ad made me vote for Carly!

Crap?

Bush lost the election by something like 100k votes total? You call that crap? The only thing that got him elected was an activist judicial vote.

bulgron
11-02-2010, 9:30 PM
Let's just hope that Carly doesn't do something stupid like concede the race.

mtptwo
11-02-2010, 9:30 PM
Wow, a lot of consternation over what?, an incoming governor who's 2a record is about the same as the outgoing governor, and senator that may not be pro gun but a congress that now knows better than to champion anymore anti gun legislation. Something that actually concerns me is that an overly ambitious, (read presidential aspirations) ultra liberal San Francisco mayor named Gavin Newsom is now a heartbeat away from the governors mansion.

Hey, when Boxer shut down the USAG over wanting to reinstate the AWB, she won my vote right there.

freonr22
11-02-2010, 9:31 PM

for you, but isnt that our way?

http://www.gregsonline.com/eshop/Html/product-info/decals/1598.jpg

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 9:32 PM
Crap?

Bush lost the election by something like 100k votes total? You call that crap? The only thing that got him elected was an activist judicial vote.

Hey bro, no sweat. Sorry about saying crap.

faterikcartman
11-02-2010, 9:33 PM

Bill, I didn't say the governor sets tax policy. And if you learned somewhere that the governor of California has not proposed tax hikes or cuts, or signed budgets and bills that involve them, or doesn't have ideas for taxes that can influence legislation and, in fact, proposes taxes (in general, that the governor doesn't have tax policies) I can only hope you didn't pay for that education because they didn't know what they were talking about.

Regarding point number two I agree with you and was going to mention that in my response to point number one.

As for my career, it could end tomorrow and I'll do fine. But if I were to continue working my career is generally helped and protected by left-wing Democrat policies.

And since someone called you an idiot in a round about way above I would like to suggest that intelligence and wisdom and experience are not the same things.

I've always respected you Bill, but disagree with you about Brown. And no, I'm not a huge Whitman fan who, actually, I consider a Bill Clinton Democrat politically. But she's gone on the record that she'll support the preservation of Prop. 13, and Brown has opposed it. Moreover, I think people have read into Brown what they want to regarding his gun control positions. Positions, I believe, will not matter nearly as much as what the courts say on most issues.

I certainly hope, however, that you're right about him and I'm wrong.

Finally, since someone mentioned my post was not being very friendly towards my fellow calgunners I am generally not someone who kisses the feet of people who kick me in the mouth. I'm only defending myself, my state, and my country.

Window_Seat
11-02-2010, 9:34 PM
BABO is ahead and pulling away...

Erik.

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 9:36 PM
Ya, I saw. Crap.

gravedigger
11-02-2010, 9:36 PM
I wonder if anyone is still going to ask me, "Joe, why are you moving out of Commiefornia?" :D

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 9:38 PM
Dude, if I was you I would have moved years ago when ghosts were pounding on my bedroom door.

Paul S
11-02-2010, 9:39 PM
brown 53% boxer 53% exit polls

Groan !!!

I remember 1975 to 1983 when California suffered from "Brown rot".
We survived it but Moonbeam damaged a lot of things before he left office.
I suppose politicians can change...but I'll believe it when I see it.

P.W.
11-02-2010, 9:40 PM
BABO is ahead and pulling away...

Erik.

What source are you going off of ? Just wondering since everything is different.

http://news.yahoo.com/page/2010electionsdashboard

That link now shows Carly up

faterikcartman
Crap?

I really can't bear to read anymore posts in this thread or I will be up all night.

Well you must be referring to the US Supreme Court as Florida ruled Gore's way.

So here: the liberal LA Times says that even if the Supreme Court had not interfered Bush still won. http://articles.latimes.com/2001/nov/12/news/mn-3240

bsim
As of right now, Boxer still has the checkmark, but Fiorina has more votes:

1,422,245 (47%) Boxer
1,447,249 (48%) Fiorina

bulgron
11-02-2010, 9:41 PM
What source are you going off of ? Just wondering since everything is different.

That link now shows Carly up

This one has Boxer up and pulling ahead:

tonb
11-02-2010, 9:42 PM
Far from over:
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)*
1,558,895 Votes

Carly Fiorina (R-CA)
1,534,930 Votes

Anchors
11-02-2010, 9:43 PM
Precincts Reporting: 21.8%
US Senate - 2
Barbara Boxer DEM 1,283,023 47.1%
Carly Fiorina REP 1,286,098 47.2%

Latest from http://www.sos.ca.gov/contest_summary.pdf

Best source.

Eastbayguy
11-02-2010, 9:45 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2010/results/state/#CA
34% reporting

five.five-six
11-02-2010, 9:45 PM
I used a paper ballot, like a lot of other old guys.... there is still hope that botoxer goes packing

P.W.
11-02-2010, 9:46 PM
I personally think a few of the liberal media polls which show boxer ahead are still using exit poll data in their numbers. Too many unbiased polls showing Carly still keeping up with Boxer, with the Paper (Which I'm not sure how they it will work) this will probably go for a couple more days.

cbp210
11-02-2010, 9:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your guys losses. We here in Texas are celebrating our victory against the progressives that tried to take over. As a former San Mateo resident, I am so glad that I left California seven years ago and am enjoying the freedom in Texas. We in Texas always welcome gun friendly minded people.

Kynoch
11-02-2010, 9:56 PM
That plus LA will give the win to Boxer. :(
LA County is the big dog. Everyone else in the state is a tail...

Bhobbs
11-02-2010, 9:58 PM
So you expect a democrat to just come out and state that he's pro 2A and that he doesn't agree with CA gun laws while honestly expecting the tree huggers to elect him? He's gonna say what he has to in order to get those votes. Letting all those OLL's slip on through and his brief for McDonald in favor of incorporation says a lot. Both candidates suck. Whitman got me with the illegal immigrant working for her and the fact she would just be Arnold Jr anyway. Plus she was going to raise taxes too whether she admits it or not. She's a damn liar and has no experience on top of it. Her maid proved to me where her values are, and illegal immigration is one of my very hottest points.

So you lost faith in her because someone she hired through an agency provided false documents?

bigcalidave
11-02-2010, 9:59 PM
Why would anyone keep voting for Boxer!!! Arrgh! I'm so frustrated with the predicted results tonight.

Anchors
11-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Why would anyone keep voting for Boxer!!! Arrgh! I'm so frustrated with the predicted results tonight.

Seriously. She isn't even a good senator. There are senators that I disagree with that are still good at it. She is just a hypocrite.

five.five-six
11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
AFL-CIO

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 10:09 PM
look at the exit polls and you'll see why boxer is ahead

http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2010/california/senate#exitpollsanchor

we can clearly see the people and ages we need to target.

rayd7
11-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I am going to sleep and if I wake up and boxer is the winner I am gonna take my savings to a new level and leave this state. I just downgraded insurance, retirement contributions ,moved to a very cheap apartment etc. The next step is to eat top ramen for five years.LOL. I am saving money to leave.47 years of living in kali I know what liberty was and is now.

EL_NinO619
11-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Man i do not understand it any more. And i still cant get over how pro Brown people are on this site...Let's say he is a little less anti gun, well with him you will not be able to afford guns. So that being the case he is big time anti gun.....Time to consider packin up the truck..

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 10:12 PM
:mad:Boxer at well over 100k votes now with 35% reporting...

Doheny
11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
As of now (2315), Meg won't concede. Apparently the Sec of State's computers crashed, so there is no official count.

With that said, Brown just gave his acceptance speech.

cbp210
11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I am going to sleep and if I wake up and boxer is the winner I am gonna take my savings to a new level and leave this state. I just downgraded insurance, retirement contributions ,moved to a very cheap apartment etc. The next step is to eat top ramen for five years.LOL. I am saving money to leave.47 years of living in kali I know what liberty was and is now.

Come to Texas and save your money

P.W.
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Man i do not understand it any more. And i still cant get over how pro Brown people are on this site...Let's say he is a little less anti gun, well with him you will not be able to afford guns. So that being the case he is big time anti gun.....Time to consider packin up the truck..

You must be one hell of a psychic if you know whats gonna happen after he takes office. I wish you luck if and when you leave, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Go Jerry ;)

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM

maybe we can do a group buy on leaving cali

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Look like poor young minorities were the greatest amount of voters for Boxer. I am a young (22) very poor (currently unemployed) minority (Hispanic) who voted for Carly. Hopefully the rest of my kind catches on.

freonr22
11-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Fiorina is conceding talking, she showed 50% to 45% now, on the screen

stphnman20
11-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Watching Carly giving a speech now!

Doheny
Carly is giving a speech right now, saying it's too early to call...

freonr22
maybe we can do a group buy on leavingtaking back cali

fixed it

freonr22
11-02-2010, 10:19 PM
wolf, says boxer 200,000 ahead

RomanDad
11-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Carly is giving a speech right now, saying it's too early to call...

Good!

FailedAngrMgmt
11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Once again, kalifornia FAIL! I'm so disgusted with boxer. Hypocrite.

Sent from my HTC Evo4G using tapatalk

P.W.
Too close to Call & here's to Carly not conceding :thumbsup:

zchen
sky is not quite falling yet

five.five-six
11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
wolf, says boxer 200,000 ahead

on CNN, now, that's a credible news source :rolleyes:

ilikeguns
11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Boxer giving speech, "THis is my 11th win!"
What a lame.

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
puking as I'm watching Boxer

tempdrummer
11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Boxer is running her old saggy mouth in her acceptance as we speak.

svthuh
11-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Boxer is running her old saggy mouth in her acceptance as we speak.
I hope she gets some serious egg on her face!

Might help her in the looks department too.

gazzavc
11-02-2010, 10:40 PM
All the parasites crawled out to vote for Boxer.

They know exactly what to do to keep the handouts and welfare crumbs coming.

It's a damned disgrace.

Gary

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 10:44 PM

It's a damned disgrace.

Gary

+1 I agree

GrayWolf09
11-02-2010, 10:46 PM

It's a damned disgrace.

Gary

No, I think it says more about the inability of the Republicans to pick a quality candidate. Where the Republican candidate is is pretty good the "parasites" will vote for him (Cooley):p

Noah3683
11-02-2010, 10:50 PM
So you lost faith in her because someone she hired through an agency provided false documents?

Nope because it was proven she knew about it, yet did nothing and then lied about knowing it. Plus she as just as much a democrat as the Clintons and trying to use the national discontent for dems to her advantage. She is pond scum plain and simple, So is Brown. I chose the lesser of 2 evils. The one with at least some job experience

Trojan Bayonet
11-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Since the Dems have one in California, I don't want to hear not one of them ***** about:

--DMV fee hikes
--(Another) increase in the state sales tax
--The inevitable increase in CA withholding tax
--A rise in the unemployment rate
--Another double-digit increase in tuition, books and fees at the schools they attend
--Businesses leaving California

You made your bed. Lie in it.

SideWinder11
11-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Boxer has over 300k more votes now. I'm hear Feinstein singing....

Noah3683
11-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Since the Dems have one in California, I don't want to hear not one of them ***** about:

--DMV fee hikes
--(Another) increase in the state sales tax
--The inevitable increase in CA withholding tax
--A rise in the unemployment rate
--Another double-digit increase in tuition, books and fees at the schools they attend
--Businesses leaving California

You made your bed. Lie in it.
And Arnold a fake republican (just like Whitman) put his signature to most of them so what do you have to say for it? Arnold used the same plan that Hitman tried oops I mean Whitman. He used the discontent for Gray Davis to his advantage. Then won the re election and his true agendas came to light. Holding hands with the Brady's and tax grabbers all the way

DisgruntledReaper
11-02-2010, 10:59 PM
So......when will the asteroid hit sacramento and cause certain others to have heart attacks??/ seems the only way to start to fix this....or dust off and nuke from orbit....

This place/state is SO full of *&^$ that someone needs to roto rooter the drain to flush it....some 'minority groups' were whooping it up earlier in my area......where I AM ACTUALLY the minority(white)...

Heard Boxer(im pukin right now) yell out 'feinswein 2012!' oh god it may be the end of days....need to go inventory my holy water,silver and wood bullets,etc..........for the coming apocalypse..rant off,goin to have a cocktail..good luck to us all....

GrayWolf09
11-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I would not shed any tears if Feinstein retires.:)

Jerry's stimulus plan was to get Whitman to pour 140 million into California's economy.:rolleyes:

I would rather have seen Fiorina win -- then we could lay her off and outsource her job to India.;)

Anchors
11-02-2010, 11:14 PM
some 'minority groups' were whooping it up earlier in my area......where I AM ACTUALLY the minority(white)...

Kind of irrelevant to the topic. A lot of white people are democrats "whooping it up" and a lot of members of other ethnic groups are republicans. Just saying.

And every city in Orange County is predominately white, so no, you aren't the minority.

Jerry's stimulus plan was to get Whitman to pour 140 million into California's economy.:rolleyes:

I laughed out loud when I read this haha.

EL_NinO619
11-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Too close to Call & here's to Carly not conceding :thumbsup:

You are a special breed my friend.

Noah3683
11-02-2010, 11:24 PM

I would rather have seen Fiorina win -- then we could lay her off and outsource her job to India.;)

So who was going to train her replacement? I got a kick out of that commercial. "Our jobs were outsourced to India and China, and what's worse we had to train our replacements" I have extreme doubts they were sent out, nor their replacements brought in to be trained by them.

P.W.
11-02-2010, 11:26 PM
You are a special breed my friend.

I do what I can :D

Anchors
11-02-2010, 11:32 PM

So who was going to train her replacement? I got a kick out of that commercial. "Our jobs were outsourced to India and China, and what's worse we had to train our replacements" I have extreme doubts they were sent out, nor their replacements brought in to be trained by them.

They trained them over the phone, of course.

"Oh. Hey, you're fired. But first can you sit on hold with this guy in India for an hour and then tell him how to get that special font you use that we all like so much."

Noah3683
11-02-2010, 11:33 PM
They trained them over the phone, of course.

"Oh. Hey, you're fired. But first can you sit on hold with this guy in India for an hour and then tell him how to get that special font you use that we all like so much."

:rofl2:

Trojan Bayonet
11-02-2010, 11:50 PM
And Arnold a fake republican (just like Whitman) put his signature to most of them so what do you have to say for it? Arnold used the same plan that Hitman tried oops I mean Whitman. He used the discontent for Gray Davis to his advantage. Then won the re election and his true agendas came to light. Holding hands with the Brady's and tax grabbers all the way

Schwarzenegger is the past and it's the Dem's game now. They were the ones who complained about higher DMV fees, higher tuition at state colleges and universities, and howled that taxes should be raised. Now when businesses continue to leave California creating more unemployment because of higher taxes and crazy environmental laws, they will only have themselves to blame.

Brown may let us have our guns, but he'll shoot Californians in the foot with job-killing anti-business policies.

Anchors
11-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Schwarzenegger is the past and it's the Dem's game now. They were the ones who complained about higher DMV fees, higher tuition at state colleges and universities, and howled that taxes should be raised. Now when businesses continue to leave California creating more unemployment because of higher taxes and crazy environmental laws, they will only have themselves to blame.

Brown may let us have our guns, but he'll shoot Californians in the foot with job-killing anti-business policies.

Honestly man, we just need to castrate this two party system.
How can there be justice and free-choice with only two viable options?

Even if we were stuck with a dominating three party system it would be better than this. A third choice would be a miracle, because then it truly becomes an election of plurality as opposed to the de facto majority (mob) rule we currently experience.

I could go on for days..

Noah3683
11-02-2010, 11:59 PM

Brown may let us have our guns, but he'll shoot Californians in the foot with job-killing anti-business policies.Possibly and probably so for that matter, but there is nothing to suggest Meg wouldn't have done the exact same thing. She was a wolf attempting to where sheep's clothing. A wolf is a wolf, and at least we know what Brown really is

oni.dori
11-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Brown may let us have our guns...

I still think his perported "pro-gun" stance is still just a bunch of campaign BS personally. He has PROVEN more that he is ANTI-gun than he has claimed he is pro.

In all honesty though, I really think that this Fiorina/Boxer thing is really bittersweet. Bitter because it seems that the vile hack we call Boxer has wone, but sweet becasue it was a seemingly NARROW victory (as far as CA is concerned). It shows that attitudes and opinions in CA are on the change. All the other states have seem to go through the same thing, and started exactly where we are now. People are fed up, and letting themselves be heard now, no longer standing by the wayside and being walked over.

Eventhe mightiest river started as a trickle.

Anchors
11-03-2010, 1:48 AM
Possibly and probably so for that matter, but there is nothing to suggest Meg wouldn't have done the exact same thing. She was a wolf attempting to where sheep's clothing. A wolf is a wolf, and at least we know what Brown really is

I'll take a guy that I know and hate over a stranger any day.
And I don't even hate Brown, but I just mean in general.

At least he is honest when he's f*****g you.

kellito
11-03-2010, 3:10 AM
I still think his perported "pro-gun" stance is still just a bunch of campaign BS personally. He has PROVEN more that he is ANTI-gun than he has claimed he is pro.

was it campaign BS when he helped the McDonald case? What EXACTLY has he PROVEN to be when it comes to 2A? Is he not better for 2A than Whitless?

xXBigJoeXx
11-03-2010, 3:18 AM
I'm sick to my stomach right now.....

PatriotnMore
11-03-2010, 3:25 AM
Well the voters have spoken, and the D's are firmly in control of this states immediate future http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/all-state/ till the next election cycle.

The checks and balance of power of other parties will be minimal, and I hope all who helped put them in power will not regret it. More importantly, I hope the rest of us non D's will not regret those choices made for us, or suffer from them more in the years to come, than now.

xXBigJoeXx
11-03-2010, 4:47 AM
I really can't belive the people in this state are that stupid to elect 2 morons that have done nothing but help send this state down the toilet.One has been doing it for over 20 years the other one wants another crack at it.

^^^ This!

javalos
11-03-2010, 6:13 AM
At least we won't see Nancy Pelosi's mug as speaker of the house.

Mad Scotsman
11-03-2010, 7:24 AM
WTF! That's it! I'm moving out of this freaky voter state.

Dirtbozz
11-03-2010, 7:47 AM
[[Originally Posted by Big Dog Howie
I really can't belive the people in this state are that stupid to elect 2 morons that have done nothing but help send this state down the toilet.One has been doing it for over 20 years the other one wants another crack at it.]]

Now we hear the flushing sound. Did you hear JB's acceptance speech last night? He sounded absolutely incoherent. The state is now in big trouble with "Moonbeam" in control. Bigger than before the election. The Republicans control the House in DC. The great California bail out WILL NO HAPPEN. After the default, hopefully the state will rise from the ashes and come back to reality.

dmcag69
11-03-2010, 8:00 AM
I was in Pahrump, Nevada yesterday, my plan for relocation is over. Its so sad to see that half the stores I visited are out of business. That was my last trip. I don't understand how people can vote for Reid again for unemployment if he is already in there. I think the word change has brainwashed people or people are just that damn stupid. The town is dying literally, senior residents are regulars in there casinos, after five years that town will be a ghost town.

I arrived back in CA and discovered that BROWN, BOXER, and a SAN FRANCISCO Hippie (sorry, I take that back, somebody worst than a hippie) are elected. I wonder what CA will be like, will people move away, will stores close (small businesses) will crime go up? Most importantly, will my guns make me a felon with a new home in prison while a illegal immigrant gangbanger/molester gets to walk on our streets at night and carry his unregistered handgun or keep his Wasr 10, Ar 15, Tec 9, Cobray, SKS by his front door with drum and banana magazines safe.

I have lost total respect for CA, politics, I'm never voting again ever. I hope this state goes down for the stupidity of people. If any scary stuff happens by these politicians, we should riot instead of lining up and handing our weapons in for a gift card.

PatriotnMore
11-03-2010, 8:41 AM
I was in Pahrump, Nevada yesterday, my plan for relocation is over. Its so sad to see that half the stores I visited are out of business. That was my last trip. I don't understand how people can vote for Reid again for unemployment if he is already in there. I think the word change has brainwashed people or people are just that damn stupid. The town is dying literally, senior residents are regulars in there casinos, after five years that town will be a ghost town.

I arrived back in CA and discovered that BROWN, BOXER, and a SAN FRANCISCO Hippie (sorry, I take that back, somebody worst than a hippie) are elected. I wonder what CA will be like, will people move away, will stores close (small businesses) will crime go up? Most importantly, will my guns make me a felon with a new home in prison while a illegal immigrant gangbanger/molester gets to walk on our streets at night and carry his unregistered handgun or keep his Wasr 10, Ar 15, Tec 9, Cobray, SKS by his front door with drum and banana magazines safe.

I have lost total respect for CA, politics, I'm never voting again ever. I hope this state goes down for the stupidity of people. If any scary stuff happens by these politicians, we should riot instead of lining up and handing our weapons in for a gift card.

Don't let the voters of this state piss on your spirit, turn it into vinegar and vote. Stand for something, and don't let the political gerrymander process of the status quo drag you down. The redistricting victory is going to really help in the next elections, knock on wood.

We need every swinging Richard and their better halves turning into informed voters who know their candidate and vote what is best for their country and state.

ilikeguns
11-03-2010, 8:45 AM
Dont stop voting, and dont move out of state. We need you here. The close call of Boxer/Carly and the current close call of Cooley/Nazi show us how much every vote counts. Next time around we may win everything due to further problems in cali.

Dooligan
11-03-2010, 8:59 AM
This hot stock tip just in! Buy Uhaul stock, it should be skyrocketing!

badmonkey
11-03-2010, 9:35 AM
My opinion of what went down, re: Governor and Senate--

The CA GOP ran 2 candidates that were 100% fluff. Whitman has questionable republican credentials, and frankly attempted to buy office. Not a compelling reason to vote for her.

Fiorina is the epitome of failure. in Business and now, politics. You could have reanimated the corpse of hitler with the rage virus, fed it puppies and babies on reality TV and it would've out-campaigned fiorina. She's not a compelling candidate, and there's no way she would've won in California.

In a year where boxer SHOULD have been beaten, and where democrats like myself refused to vote for her--she held on because CA GOP lobbed up softballs that the democrats used for batting practice.

I wasn't very hot on brown myself--in fact the 2A stuff he's done was my main reason i actually voted for him.

i'm not necessarily the CA Democratic rank and file--but my disillusionment with establishment politics and the "Party Line" is at an all time high. I would assume that there are more like me--but the last thing people like myself are goign to do, is vote for a Palin Pandering, Pro-life, golden parachute failure like fiorina, or for Meg "How much does this office cost?" Whitman.

beemaze
11-03-2010, 9:38 AM
Once upon a time, the Nazi's used the democratic process to gain power..........Willkommen bei der Nationalsozialistische Republik von Kalifornia

SideWinder11
11-03-2010, 9:56 AM
Dont stop voting, and dont move out of state. We need you here. The close call of Boxer/Carly and the current close call of Cooley/Nazi show us how much every vote counts. Next time around we may win everything due to further problems in cali.

Close call??? Boxer is ahead by 700k votes now with 74% in and it will only get bigger.

ale014
11-03-2010, 12:10 PM
It was actually a close race last night, only ahead by a few thousand. its at 97% now and boxer is ahead...yea she won...Thanks for everyone's vote, thought we might get boxer out, but i guess not. Lets hope for the best people!

IrishPirate
11-03-2010, 2:10 PM
I honestly can't believe Boxer is still in power.....all the sheeple who saw the adds about Fiorina laying people off and bought into it should be ashamed of themselves

badmonkey
11-03-2010, 2:44 PM
I honestly can't believe Boxer is still in power.....all the sheeple who saw the adds about Fiorina laying people off and bought into it should be ashamed of themselves

I would've voted for Tom Campbell in a second. All day every day. I would've voted for Tom Campbell's Dog over Barbara Boxer.

However, the CA GOP decided to run the 1 person in the world who i think is more incompetent and less worthy of office in CA than barbara boxer--Carly Fiorina. Anyone familiar with Fiorina's CV knows what she's all about: failure and mediocrity. I could not, in good conscience, vote for Fiorina. (I didn't vote for boxer, either).

HondaMasterTech
11-03-2010, 3:14 PM
Jesus, I feel so bad for Californians. And, I feel bad for any state that follows in it's footsteps.

Boilermaker
11-03-2010, 4:57 PM
Cali has been calling elections 2 minutes after polls close for YEARS NOW !!
If they dont start on the right path to a fix I will be planning my exit also.

AEC1
11-03-2010, 5:08 PM
Would be easier to deal with Brown and Boxer if we could smoke some weed!

Sgt Raven
11-03-2010, 5:44 PM
The thing that really gets me is the fact that Brown was Davis's Chief of Staff... Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.

*Please take this with a grain of salt, I am a non-voting teenager who loves politics.

Better go check your facts.

wozusj
11-03-2010, 6:48 PM
My opinion of what went down, re: Governor and Senate--

The CA GOP ran 2 candidates that were 100% fluff. Whitman has questionable republican credentials, and frankly attempted to buy office. Not a compelling reason to vote for her.

Fiorina is the epitome of failure. in Business and now, politics. You could have reanimated the corpse of hitler with the rage virus, fed it puppies and babies on reality TV and it would've out-campaigned fiorina. She's not a compelling candidate, and there's no way she would've won in California.

In a year where boxer SHOULD have been beaten, and where democrats like myself refused to vote for her--she held on because CA GOP lobbed up softballs that the democrats used for batting practice.

I wasn't very hot on brown myself--in fact the 2A stuff he's done was my main reason i actually voted for him.

i'm not necessarily the CA Democratic rank and file--but my disillusionment with establishment politics and the "Party Line" is at an all time high. I would assume that there are more like me--but the last thing people like myself are goign to do, is vote for a Palin Pandering, Pro-life, golden parachute failure like fiorina, or for Meg "How much does this office cost?" Whitman.

Geezzzz.....Fiorina a failure? From receptionist to CEO! Whitman spends her own money and you have problem with that? Takes eBay to the top! Not qualified? C'mon, can't you see any redeeming value in people with work ethics like that? Must you look past their personal attributes so you can demonize them. Typical leftist/progressive thought......wealth=greed, profits=corruption. Take a star off the flag. CA's a joke!

beemaze
11-04-2010, 2:47 PM
Geezzzz.....Fiorina a failure? From receptionist to CEO! Whitman spends her own money and you have problem with that? Takes eBay to the top! Not qualified? C'mon, can't you see any redeeming value in people with work ethics like that? Must you look past their personal attributes so you can demonize them. Typical leftist/progressive thought......wealth=greed, profits=corruption. Take a star off the flag. CA's a joke!

ditto

(Maltese in your avatar?)

Oh, and if Kamala Harris is certified as Attorney General, we are all in deep doo doo. I seriously doubt Brown will go against the Democratic Party line during his tenure. If he does, then he has bigger cajones then I thought. We shall see.....

wozusj
11-04-2010, 3:06 PM
ditto

(Maltese in your avatar?)

Oh, and if Kamala Harris is certified as Attorney General, we are all in deep doo doo. I seriously doubt Brown will go against the Democratic Party line during his tenure. If he does, then he has bigger cajones then I thought. We shall see.....

She's a Maltese/Poodle mix. She told me last night that she want's a bigger yard to exercise her freedom. I promised her 10 acres in Texas in 2 years! :D

badmonkey
11-04-2010, 3:33 PM

what about any of their biography's qualifies either of them as a Governor or Senator?

WHITMAN DIDN'T VOTE FOR 30 YEARS. I know some of you might consider that something to be proud of, but to me it says "I don't care about politics." So she built a successful business, while i understand that that's a challenge and her success in the business world is laudable--what is analogous about running a business in the private sector, to running a state or otherwise dealing in the public sector?

Furthermore, her entire campaign strategy consisted of spending MONEY. Ad after ad after ad, that went nowhere, did nothing--and was completely outmaneuvered by a Brown Campaign that was working with much less money. No innovation, no forward thinking, no efficient management: just sign another check, Meg--money is the ultimate kingmaker. Ask her now how that return on investment worked out for her.

nevermind her shakey credentials on the 2A or as a republican in general--people saw what she had to say (over and over on the TV) and didn't care enough about what she was saying to vote for her.

Now Carly...Look at Fiorina's legacy at HP. Those of us who watched HP flounder under her direction knew that the culture was being diluted from the top. Great she went from receptionist to CEO...tell me what about that experience made her a successful CEO of Hewlett Packard? Under her direction the technical heart and soul of the company was gutted and outsourced, under her direction the nonsensical merger with Compaq did nothing to bolster the brand, revenues, or market share, and looking at the size of her multimillion dollar severance package it seems like the HP Board were willing to pay Fiorina $20M to get lost and ran her out of town. HP's stock price jumped 11% intraday the day she got canned, meaning the street didn't think much of her business credentials, either and were happy to see her go.

Fast forward to her senatorial campaign, where the extent of her political maneuvers was calling on Palin for an endorsement, spending personal money, and making mistake after mistake after mistake. Even when she took the right side of an issue, she found a way to squander the point, or look bad in the process. She was totally outgunned and outsmarted (!) by the boxer campaign in a year where boxer should have been defeated. She was unqualified as a candidate and thought that being a woman, and having a war chest would be enough to win office, when really it was just another very expensive mistake for Ms. Fiorina.

Drop the partisan rhetoric for the time being and analyze why these two lost their races. Part of it is an inherent disadvantage to running as a republican in CA--but not all of it. Let's not forget to put the blame on the candidates and their advisors for failing to develop a winning strategy. b/w the ~$200M the two of them spent to lose, it's hard to imagine a pair of candidates who did so little, with so much.

wozusj
11-04-2010, 5:36 PM
what about any of their biography's qualifies either of them as a Governor or Senator?

WHITMAN DIDN'T VOTE FOR 30 YEARS. I know some of you might consider that something to be proud of, but to me it says "I don't care about politics." So she built a successful business, while i understand that that's a challenge and her success in the business world is laudable--what is analogous about running a business in the private sector, to running a state or otherwise dealing in the public sector?

Furthermore, her entire campaign strategy consisted of spending MONEY. Ad after ad after ad, that went nowhere, did nothing--and was completely outmaneuvered by a Brown Campaign that was working with much less money. No innovation, no forward thinking, no efficient management: just sign another check, Meg--money is the ultimate kingmaker. Ask her now how that return on investment worked out for her.

nevermind her shakey credentials on the 2A or as a republican in general--people saw what she had to say (over and over on the TV) and didn't care enough about what she was saying to vote for her.

Now Carly...Look at Fiorina's legacy at HP. Those of us who watched HP flounder under her direction knew that the culture was being diluted from the top. Great she went from receptionist to CEO...tell me what about that experience made her a successful CEO of Hewlett Packard? Under her direction the technical heart and soul of the company was gutted and outsourced, under her direction the nonsensical merger with Compaq did nothing to bolster the brand, revenues, or market share, and looking at the size of her multimillion dollar severance package it seems like the HP Board were willing to pay Fiorina $20M to get lost and ran her out of town. HP's stock price jumped 11% intraday the day she got canned, meaning the street didn't think much of her business credentials, either and were happy to see her go.

Fast forward to her senatorial campaign, where the extent of her political maneuvers was calling on Palin for an endorsement, spending personal money, and making mistake after mistake after mistake. Even when she took the right side of an issue, she found a way to squander the point, or look bad in the process. She was totally outgunned and outsmarted (!) by the boxer campaign in a year where boxer should have been defeated. She was unqualified as a candidate and thought that being a woman, and having a war chest would be enough to win office, when really it was just another very expensive mistake for Ms. Fiorina.

Drop the partisan rhetoric for the time being and analyze why these two lost their races. Part of it is an inherent disadvantage to running as a republican in CA--but not all of it. Let's not forget to put the blame on the candidates and their advisors for failing to develop a winning strategy. b/w the ~$200M the two of them spent to lose, it's hard to imagine a pair of candidates who did so little, with so much.

I think you and I just see politics and pick candidates quite differently. While you seem to "analyze" the candidates and their histories, I tend to take a much broader view of the implications of the election. I saw an election where the R's clearly were new to politics. However, because of their obvious abilities to rise in their ranks in business, could somehow translate that leadership to the public sphere. I happen to see CA. in dire need of leadership and if I can be partisan for just a second, democrats have flat spent us into oblivion. Hence, these two fit the bill for me. The D's seemed to offer up more of the same. In most states during this election cycle, incumbents and dems were tossed. CA is quite different. America just spoke and is looking at us quizzically to say the least. These two put their money where their mouth was. I don't think that is a matter to make light of. I think it highly laudable.

The liberal left and the exploding hispanic population in this state will continue to vote D. That's a fact. That was the major reason that Brown/Boxer and just about every other D on every ballot in LA and the Bay counties have jobs come January. Not a great future for CA and that is the implication of these elections.

beemaze
11-05-2010, 3:13 PM
Calfornians love their entitlements and therefore voted for the big D. Little do they realize, there is no money left over. Even though the legislature will soon be able to pass a budget with a majority vote (Prop 25), it will be difficult to raise the needed funds thanks to the passage of Props 22 and and 26.

Good luck selling the idea of raising state income and sales tax to pay for their mess. Otherwise, entitlements will have to be reduced in one way or another.

kcbrown
11-05-2010, 4:40 PM
Calfornians love their entitlements and therefore voted for the big D. Little do they realize, there is no money left over. Even though the legislature will soon be able to pass a budget with a majority vote (Prop 25), it will be difficult to raise the needed funds thanks to the passage of Props 22 and and 26.

And in the meantime, if they can't even be bothered to pass a budget, they don't get paid.

The most recent legislature had 29 Republicans out of 80 assembly members and 15 Republicans out of 40 senators. While that means the Republicans had slightly more than 1/3 of each, they barely had it.

In the end, it doesn't matter to me how much the California government spends, only how much it brings in via taxes. If it sees fit to spend its way into the grave, let it! The California state government is a piece of sh*t anyway. If it dies of strangulation then I'm sure there will be very few tears shed (except from illegal immigrants, that is).

Good luck selling the idea of raising state income and sales tax to pay for their mess. Otherwise, entitlements will have to be reduced in one way or another.Exactly. And that's exactly as it should be. I think the passage of prop 25 may have no real negative effect in the end, and it might even have a positive effect since there's at least the chance that the legislature won't get paid for some amount of time, thus giving the state money that can be put to better uses than passing more useless, rights-violating legislation.