PDA

View Full Version : C&R firearm shipping question

lstrong
11-02-2010, 5:50 PM
I have dual residency in Arizona and California. My C&R license has my California address on it. Can I have firearms shipped to my Arizona address? I have identification for both.

DWarner
11-02-2010, 5:58 PM
I'm pretty sure, C&Rs have to be shipped to the address on the license. HTH.

DWarner
11-02-2010, 5:59 PM
My first double tap!

lstrong
11-02-2010, 6:03 PM
I may change the address on my C&R. There are several C&R pistols that I would like to have.

olhunter
11-02-2010, 6:41 PM
I have dual residency in Arizona and California. My C&R license has my California address on it. Can I have firearms shipped to my Arizona address? I have identification for both.

No. It goes to your C&R address.

Well, it's supposed to anyway. No telling what some people might do.

Interloper
11-02-2010, 6:45 PM
But hold the phone!
Turns out you can have a license at both locations!

lstrong
11-02-2010, 7:04 PM
Do you have a link to this information? Do I just apply for the license at the Az address as well?

Interloper
11-02-2010, 7:11 PM
I was pretty surprised myself. Here's the relevant thread:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=343730&highlight=C%26amp%3BR+Nevada

Toyman321
11-02-2010, 8:25 PM
I've been toying with the idea of buying property in Az, how did you go about getting dual residency? Are you able to buy firearms in Az without hassle? (non c&r)

M. D. Van Norman
11-03-2010, 6:07 AM
You can license both locations, and you may take delivery at any location.

morrcarr67
11-04-2010, 2:28 PM
I'm glad someone read my OP on getting two licenses. You should definitely get the second license. And, please be sure to let us know about the dual residence thing and buying non C&R in the AZ.

lstrong
11-04-2010, 10:01 PM
If you have a place in Arizona and you spend meaningful time there just go to the DMV and give them 2 forms of i.d. and 15 minutes later you leave with your i.d. I used my California drivers license and my social security card. The DMV didn't even bat an eye when I applied. Arizona acknowledges dual residency and buying guns there is easy as I am a resident. Its nice stepping out your door and walking about a mile to go shooting.

M. D. Van Norman
11-05-2010, 6:56 AM
Nice. I wonder how that will play out if we get national concealed-carry reciprocity.

Toyman321
11-05-2010, 7:06 AM
Nice. I wonder how that will play out if we get national concealed-carry reciprocity.

I would imagine you would still have to get a carry permit, even though non-permitted open carry is legal in AZ, and I'd imagine CA would find a way around it anyway :(

pullnshoot25
11-05-2010, 8:07 AM
If you have a place in Arizona and you spend meaningful time there just go to the DMV and give them 2 forms of i.d. and 15 minutes later you leave with your i.d. I used my California drivers license and my social security card. The DMV didn't even bat an eye when I applied. Arizona acknowledges dual residency and buying guns there is easy as I am a resident. Its nice stepping out your door and walking about a mile to go shooting.

How does that work out for commercial drivers?

Interloper
11-05-2010, 9:40 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but you can legally only posses one driver's license, right?
So we're talking about an ID card? And you would need a residence inside the state for that, no?
Dual residency is one thing but in that thread I linked the whole point was that you just needed a location inside the state you could receive from...you didn't need to live there. So the address of a relative or friend should work. If you were to try to purchase a gun with your "out of state" C&R in person and they asked for ID...and you showed them a Cali license I'm betting the transaction would come to a screeching halt.

M. D. Van Norman
11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Quite possibly, but there is no legal reason to void the transaction. The FFL authorizes you to take delivery anywhere in the U.S. (where not prohibited by state or local law). That’s why we’re allowed to make shopping trips to Reno. :cool:

johnthomas
11-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Unlike California, some states will allow delivery of C&R handguns to your ffl address. Big advantage to getting great deals. You can buy C&R handguns in AZ and bring them back and send in you 19 bucks for each gun.

morrcarr67
11-05-2010, 2:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but you can legally only posses one driver's license, right?
So we're talking about an ID card? And you would need a residence inside the state for that, no?
Dual residency is one thing but in that thread I linked the whole point was that you just needed a location inside the state you could receive from...you didn't need to live there. So the address of a relative or friend should work. If you were to try to purchase a gun with your "out of state" C&R in person and they asked for ID...and you showed them a Cali license I'm betting the transaction would come to a screeching halt.

Correct. I will only ship C&R handguns to my NV lic from people like SOG, Century or any C&R from people that won't ship to CA or CA C&R holders, like Samco Global.

When I travel out of state I will take my CA C&R which matches my CDL and do all the shopping I want with that one.

lstrong
11-05-2010, 4:42 PM
How does that work out for commercial drivers?

I have no idea.

lstrong
11-05-2010, 4:44 PM

One drivers license per person is the law. An identification card is just a legal document that says you reside in a place.