PDA

View Full Version : Im thinking about buying this AK

dopeison
11-02-2010, 5:56 PM
Can someone tell me the law on here or through a PM. I want this gun but Im not sure about the
"WE WILL ALSO FIX IN A ZERO ROUND MAGAZINE TO COMPLY WITH CALIFORNIA LAW."
Just not sure what this is all about.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct866.aspx

Dutch Schultz
11-02-2010, 6:06 PM
It falls under a single shot exemption for California, once you get it you can pop in a regular mag. The 0 round sled is just so they can import it into the state and bypass the safe list.

dopeison
11-02-2010, 6:18 PM
thank you

SJgunguy24
11-02-2010, 7:30 PM
It falls under a single shot exemption for California, once you get it you can pop in a regular mag. The 0 round sled is just so they can import it into the state and bypass the safe list.

Um, there isn't a bypass of anything. That gun is a single shot pistol at the time of DROS, that is the law and we comply with the law.

the_natterjack
11-02-2010, 7:44 PM
Can someone tell me the law on here or through a PM. I want this gun but Im not sure about the
"WE WILL ALSO FIX IN A ZERO ROUND MAGAZINE TO COMPLY WITH CALIFORNIA LAW."
Just not sure what this is all about.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct866.aspx

It's a pistol even though it looks like a rifle. Purchase and transporting rules are not the same. Just wanted to point that out.

Brian

pyro3k2
11-02-2010, 8:19 PM
Um, there isn't a bypass of anything. That gun is a single shot pistol at the time of DROS, that is the law and we comply with the law.

+1 to that

uxo2
11-02-2010, 8:23 PM
http://www.riflegear.com/p-776-draco-ak-pistol-762x39.aspx

Dutch Schultz
11-02-2010, 8:35 PM
My mistake.

dopeison
11-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Ok Im lost. So can you have one of these with a 10 round clip or not? I googled this and searched it on here and still cant find info.
Does this gun have to be loaded one round at a time or something?

IsaacGlass
11-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Ok Im lost. So can you have one of these with a 10 round clip or not? I googled this and searched it on here and still cant find info.

SJgunguy24 answered your question best. If you still dont understand, it maybe best to postpone your purchase until you do more research. FYI, Keep in mind, no here is offering legal advice.

MrPlink
11-03-2010, 3:41 AM

lets try again...

In california there is a roster (list) of approved hand guns. If you want to purchase a hand gun new in california (and are not a law enforcement officer) it HAS to be on this list.

Well wouldnt ya know it, AK pistols ARE not on that list, not to mention any pistol with a DETACHABLE magazine outside of the pistol grip isnt legal either.

HOWEVER

SINGLE shot pistols (with a BBL of over 7inches, right?) do NOT have to be on the roster.

Hence when you purchase this and complete DROS, it is sold in a single shot conversion with the magazine locked in place.

AFTER you complete DROS, it is LEGAL for you to "convert" your pistol to a semi automatic by installing a 10rd magazine in place of the bullet sled mag (which is a mag that cannot actually hold any ammo, which is what makes the gun single shot)

somebody really should make a comprehensive explanation of this and make it a sticky or put a link to the top, I think this one is as common as all the "is my AR/AK legal" and related threads..

MrPlink
11-03-2010, 3:41 AM
If you still dont understand, it maybe best to postpone your purchase until you do more research.

totally this

Ed_Hazard
11-03-2010, 3:56 AM
It's a pistol even though it looks like a rifle. Purchase and transporting rules are not the same. Just wanted to point that out.

Brian

Sorry, but since one of the legal identifiers of a rifle is a shoulder stock, and this pistol has never had one it does not look like a rifle at all. ;)

bigthaiboy
11-03-2010, 5:06 AM

The pistol can only take a magazine with a capacity of 10 rds or less. Attempting to attach any 11+rds magazine will immediately make this pistol an assault weapon.

This pistol cannot be fitted with a clip, because a clip is what women wear in their hair. Pistols do not have hair.

C.W.M.V.
11-03-2010, 9:10 AM
http://www.riflegear.com/p-776-draco-ak-pistol-762x39.aspx

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: at $500+

The pistol can only take a magazine with a capacity of 10 rds or less. Attempting to attach any 11+rds magazine will immediately make this pistol an assault weapon.

This pistol cannot be fitted with a clip, because a clip is what women wear in their hair. Pistols do not have hair.

+1