PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Songs

esnyderr
11-02-2010, 4:01 PM
Just curious where you guys download songs? (besides I-tunes) I used to use limewire if there was some random song I wanted to grab real quick. With them being shut down I don't know where I can easily and quickly download a single song. I know about bittorrent and use it when I download full albums. Any help would be appreciated

blakdawg
11-02-2010, 4:49 PM
I just buy them from Amazon - usually $1 per song or $8-10 for an album really isn't bad - and there's no DRM.

nmerced
11-02-2010, 5:27 PM
I just buy them from Amazon - usually $1 per song or $8-10 for an album really isn't bad - and there's no DRM.

+1 :)

bigmike82
11-02-2010, 5:27 PM
What blakdawg said.

I used to use allofmp3...that thing friggin' *ROCKED* at the time.

bohoki
11-02-2010, 7:42 PM
i hear that people can find all kinds of things on filestube

just watch for viruseses

masameet
11-02-2010, 8:51 PM
I hate paying for songs now. So I borrow music CDs from several local county public library systems as well as DL old songs and radio shows from the internet. Just recently from my local library I was able to rip to my iTunes library four audiobooks by Michael Connelly (read by Len Cariou) and some Rolling Stones CDs.

As to the internet, from http://www.archive.org/ I DLed songs by Johnny Horton, Frankie Laine, John McCormack, Hawkshaw Hawkins, Burl Ives, Al Jolson and Wanda Jackson (and several others, including Dylan Thomas reciting "Do Not Go Gently Into That Good Night"). From http://www.aca-dla.org/dlamusic/dlamusic.html I DLed old fiddle tunes. From www.botar.us (which is also on iTunes) I DLed old time radio shows. Get a kick out of listening to OTR shows like Alan Ladd's Box 13, Raymond Burr in Fort Laramie, and X Minus One (stories adapted from then published stories by Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Philip K. Dick, Robert A. Heinlein, Frederik Pohl and Theodore Sturgeon).

Turo
11-02-2010, 9:50 PM
Just remember that downloading songs without paying is illegal, and you're confessing to it on a public forum/asking how to do it.

Not saying I agree with the law, but admitting to the world that you just broke the law isn't exactly the best thing to do.

ChaparralCommando
11-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Amazon. I already had an account, so it was easy. I've never used the iTunes store but I do use the iTunes software.

JDay
11-07-2010, 1:09 PM
You do realize that bittorrent clients, such as uTorrent allow you to select individual files to download right?

safewaysecurity
11-07-2010, 1:14 PM
Frostwire is the EXACT samething as Limewire that's what all the limewire users switched to.

driveljay
11-07-2010, 9:46 PM
limewire and frostwire are full of malware/adware, etc. Basically only for those that dont torrent.

If youre going the "free" route, torrents is the way to go. As mentioned above you can get individual songs that way. If youve got a torrent client try out

http://www.isohunt.com

lanwarrior
11-07-2010, 9:55 PM
Google "Usenet" and "IRC" and ye shall find... ;)

sevensix2x51
11-08-2010, 6:44 PM
i used to get public domain songs from tpb. youd be amazed how many copies of "twinkle twinkle little star" those swashbuckling scalliwags would host. :D

honestly, though; riaa makes me angry. its soo much easier to use a bt client, rather than having to rip my legally owned cd's, assign artist, album, song title, etc etc..... ugh. i get a pain in my rear just thinking about all that work. :mad: