PDA

View Full Version : Actor mistaken for Gunman and Shot in Philippines

AVS
11-02-2010, 4:50 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5679571/actor-mistaken-for-gunman-and-killed-during-filming-in-philippines?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gizmodo/full+(Gizmodo)

Rule #4 Be absolutely sure of your target...

kel-tec-innovations
11-02-2010, 5:12 PM
" borrowed the homemade .357 Magnum" Home made? I want to see it.

Silverlake223
11-02-2010, 5:34 PM
They dont' mess around in the PI.. One of my guys just got back after a 2 week vacation in the Manila area. He was once a Cop there, and has many interesting stories.

nrgcruizer
11-02-2010, 5:46 PM
Homemade .357s w/ no paper trails is the result of Marshall Law passed in Philippines when Marcos was president because he feared an armed citizen. I guess there's still a gun ban there.

stitchnicklas
11-02-2010, 5:48 PM
FAIL

Python2
11-02-2010, 5:58 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5679571/actor-mistaken-for-gunman-and-killed-during-filming-in-philippines?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gizmodo/full+(Gizmodo)

Rule #4 Be absolutely sure of your target...

He was sure of his target, the actor on a motorcycle pulled a gun. Blame the film production coordinator.
You dont pull a gun on someone in the Philippines expecting no one will react. I should know, I am there twice a year. Never walked out of my house without my Glock (w/CCW of course) except during election where they ban packing a gun even with CCW

Home made 357? You will be surprise what they can turn out in that island. You will have a hard time recognizing some of the fake down to the etching of say S&W:D

dizzy
11-02-2010, 6:20 PM
Danao (Gun City) , Cebu

lLApVGIU8eQ

Very resourceful.

Python2
11-02-2010, 6:47 PM
Homemade .357s w/ no paper trails is the result of Marshall Law passed in Philippines when Marcos was president because he feared an armed citizen. I guess there's still a gun ban there.

Nope, not really Filipinos are good at copying things and it provide income for them instead of farming. Also licensing and the cost of imported guns are so un-affordable to ordinary citizen that they resort to home made gun they call "paltik" easy to get, cheap and no record at FED. Figure twice the cost of imported guns in that island. You can get a Paltik for less than a $100, compare that to a Glock that cost over a $1K.

Gun ban is only enforced during election, that include CCW holders.

yellowfin
11-02-2010, 6:49 PM
I'm told the hot peppers there are as potent as firearms.

Nessal
11-02-2010, 7:23 PM
I was told that corruption runs EXTREMELY high there.

JimSar
11-02-2010, 7:24 PM
The Rock Island Armory (RIA) 1911s, they're made in the Philippines, aren't they? This company has an interesting history:

http://www.armscor.com.ph/article1.htm

As a kid growing up in the 60's in the Philippines, I did enjoy my Squires Bingham air pistol. Had no idea it was home grown. Had a "paltik" .22 magnum as well, marked Smith $ Wesson. Note the $ sign, not &. It was well made and was very accurate.

NSR500
11-02-2010, 7:39 PM
Why is this post even in this area? This belongs in OT at best.

bjl333
11-02-2010, 9:16 PM
There is a reason he isn't a cop. He just proved it!!

Agreed OT it should go.

Nerfherder
11-02-2010, 9:20 PM
You were given accurate information :)

Brown Rock
11-02-2010, 11:04 PM
He was sure of his target, the actor on a motorcycle pulled a gun. Blame the film production coordinator.
You dont pull a gun on someone in the Philippines expecting no one will react. I should know, I am there twice a year. Never walked out of my house without my Glock (w/CCW of course) except during election where they ban packing a gun even with CCW

Home made 357? You will be surprise what they can turn out in that island. You will have a hard time recognizing some of the fake down to the etching of say S&W:D
My step dad in the Philippines has a home made .38 spl with the S&W etching.:D
He has a home made single shot 12 ga too. Shooting that 12 ga is scary though.:(

MidnightSon117
11-03-2010, 5:27 AM

It's a matter of sophistication. Simple corruption which is pretty apparent, is rampant there. Bribing an officer, and such.

Sophisticated corruption, well, that's much harder to detect, and that's what we have here. It's just as rampant, but we'd have a hard time pinning it down, because it's so--"protean". :)

Python2
11-03-2010, 8:27 AM
Sophisticated corruption, well, that's much harder to detect, and that's what we have here. It's just as rampant, but we'd have a hard time pinning it down, because it's so--"protean". :)

I could not agree more, just like our California CCW system :)