PDA

View Full Version : Time to hold them accountable!

Lifeofahero
11-02-2010, 3:19 PM
The election debates have been healthy, to say the least, and it's great that we have the freedom to discuss and choose who we see fit. However the time for debate is over and going forward, we need to unite as california gun owners and hold the elected officials accountable. Be it R,D or I we need to hold all of them accountable.

I propose we start a thread, tacked at the top, where we can list elected officials and give them a clean slate. We can record and hold each person responsible for their tasks in upholding our 2nd Amendment. Perhaps "Calguns Report Card" is a suitable title. It will give the Calguns members a valuable resource and credibility at the same time. We can remind politicians of their score and it will be useful in the next few years for the next elections. Good Action, Bad Action, Inaction it all needs to be recorded.

Here's to moving forward, holding those who have been elected responsible and to the 2nd Amendment, as it was written. :cheers2:

Librarian
11-02-2010, 5:47 PM
There's a web site - http://www.sacbee.com/votingrecord/ - that collects the data for us.

If you happen to use Firefox/Noscript, you'll have to allow/temporarily allow the sites in several stages; somehow you can't get them all the first pass.

chris
11-02-2010, 6:57 PM
yep i hope that the turds in office are held accountable and lose their jobs. we can only watch and wait to see the results.

Lifeofahero
11-02-2010, 7:55 PM
There's a web site - http://www.sacbee.com/votingrecord/ - that collects the data for us.

If you happen to use Firefox/Noscript, you'll have to allow/temporarily allow the sites in several stages; somehow you can't get them all the first pass.

I was thinking more along the lines of a calguns report card. A single issue (2A) source that could give grades based on an individuals record. Start with a clean slate, give grades based on their actions, or inactions. We could use it to influence politicians as well as hold them accountable at their next election.