PDA

View Full Version : Dragunov stock for Saiga 7.62

silaic7
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Anybody know where can I get a "drop in" Dragunov stock for Saiga 7.62?

omgwtfbbq
11-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Without doing a rear end conversion, I'm not sure, but you could go with the RAA Saiga option stock. It's a skeleton stock sorta-kinda similar to the dragunov.

either way, if you did put one on, remember that it makes you subject to 922r compliance and you'd be required to install a magazine lock.

silaic7
11-02-2010, 1:14 PM
is that the easiest way to convert the saiga with dragunov stock and with 922r compliance.

Fot
11-02-2010, 1:16 PM
Without doing a rear end conversion, I'm not sure, but you could go with the RAA Saiga option stock. It's a skeleton stock sorta-kinda similar to the dragunov.

either way, if you did put one on, remember that it makes you subject to 922r compliance] and you'd be required to install a magazine lock.

I thought that before but it doesn't effect 922r compliance as they are imported with that stock in some cases.

silaic7
11-02-2010, 1:23 PM
can i just replace my stock with this http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=141
and still 922r compliance?

Fot
11-02-2010, 1:25 PM
can i just replace my stock with this http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=141
and still 922r compliance?

Yes.. then just need to worry about Ca law.

silaic7
11-02-2010, 2:01 PM
Yes.. then just need to worry about Ca law.

you mean just install radlock and should be gtg.

Bug Splat
11-02-2010, 2:17 PM
you mean just install radlock and should be gtg.

Yup :)

omgwtfbbq
11-02-2010, 2:44 PM
I thought that before but it doesn't effect 922r compliance as they are imported with that stock in some cases.

I'm not sure of the correctness here. I believe if the original rifle the OP (or anyone else) purchased, is a standard sporter style saiga rifle, and he (or whomever) changes to the option stock, thus altering the original imported condition, makes it subject to 922r. If one were to purchase the "saiga option" model (which is considered a different model than the sporter style saiga) from RAA or a retailer, then it would be fine as it was imported with the option stock originally. Private modification of imported condition is the key here. I may be wrong, and certainly would like to be. However it seems like a bit of risk, and at least I personally don't care to take such risk when legal matters are concerned.

The important thing to remember is that 922r is an import law under which any alteration from original imported condition is not allowed without meat the exception requirements, in this case at least 4 US made parts.

Fot
11-02-2010, 2:50 PM
I'm not sure of the correctness here. I believe if the original rifle the OP (or anyone else) purchased, is a standard sporter style saiga rifle, and he (or whomever) changes to the option stock, thus altering the original imported condition, makes it subject to 922r. If one were to purchase the "saiga option" model (which is considered a different model than the sporter style saiga) from RAA or a retailer, then it would be fine as it was imported with the option stock originally. Private modification of imported condition is the key here. I may be wrong, and certainly would like to be. However it seems like a bit of risk, and at least I personally don't care to take such risk when legal matters are concerned.

The important thing to remember is that 922r is an import law under which any alteration from original imported condition is not allowed without meat the exception requirements, in this case at least 4 US made parts.

A skeleton stock doesn't change it's sporting confirguration. It's talked about in this thread. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=328750

This is where I was corrected in a similair belief. Mach and SJ know their stuff with Ak's

omgwtfbbq
11-02-2010, 2:57 PM
I will deffer to those whose opinions I trust more than my own. Mach and SJ know their facts and I'm sure they are correct.

That being said... I would still never put one on my saiga without making sure it was 922r compliant. haha. Call it paranoia but I'm bothered by the fact that the "Saiga Option" is sold as a separate model. If it came down to court (I'm pre-law so I always approach these things like this) I could see a case being made based on that logic. However I don't think they are many cases of people getting in trouble for 922r, but why not play it safe eh?

In the end, I still thank you for giving me the information.