PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry-Attitude of Police

violator22348
11-02-2010, 1:07 PM
So I've been having (what I thought) was a simple discussion with a local cop.
I did not argue, but supplied links to opposing views regarding open carry, and then asked his opinion on those supplied links...some from OpenCarry.org, actual police bulletins, etc.

This is his direct response in bold. Check this out:

Walter-
If you read my posts carefully, you should note that I'm respectful to you, asking your opinion and providing resources to information presented by others as part of a civil discussion. You assume I'm arguing with you, when I'm not. ... And then you say this, a direct quote: ".........O.And I guarantee this, if I'm the officer sent to investigate an open carry, and you refuse to submit to detention, well you might as well go for your gun because, the fight is on and I won't be feeling bad later on if I pump you full of .45 slugs! ........"

My reply: Outrageous. Sir, you are an irresponsible thug not worthy of the badge you wear, no different than a common gang member mistakenly protecting that which is not your private territory. I hope that you are behind a desk, where can't can't abuse your authority physically on innocent citizens. I don't threaten anyone, and yet you tell me to go for my gun, simply because I assert my right under the law. You are REQUIRED to follow the letter of the law, as am I. Please note that your veiled threat is now part of a discussion at CalGuns and OpenCarry. I have quoted you directly on those forums.

As stated before, when no probable cause exists, no identification is required to be presented. This is settled law.TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > 242
242. Deprivation of rights under color of law

Police or government advocates will try and cite Hiibel v. supreme court as the defining ruling that police have the authority to demand ID. But this court case is irrelevant in Ca. as Ca. has no statute that this case was being interpreted on.

All very unfortunate that you find it necessary to visit violence upon a peaceful citizen simply exercising the rights that so many fought and died for years ago.

-----------------

Not trying to stir up anti-LE sentiment, but this cop is pretty creepy in my view. This cop descends to advocating violence on a citizen, for simply questioning whether or not I am required to provide identification when no probable cause exists.

wlltest
11-02-2010, 1:10 PM
Wow, very surprised by That response :mad:

Purple K
11-02-2010, 1:15 PM
Please forward the information to "Hoffmang" for possible action.

PatriotnMore
11-02-2010, 1:19 PM
For all the good this will do.....some in LE will says entrapment to create controversy, Cop bashing, and he is a small minority of the overall good. Some members here will say see, another example of LE today, and another in a long line of abusers.

Calguns will be forced to moderate and the beat goes on.

The individual who responded in such a manor is not only wrong, he should read his Constitution and get familiar with it, and the law.

Python2
11-02-2010, 1:26 PM
So I've been having (what I thought) was a simple discussion with a local cop.
I did not argue, but supplied links to opposing views regarding open carry, and then asked his opinion on those supplied links...some from OpenCarry.org, actual police bulletins, etc.

This is his direct response in bold. Check this out:

Walter-
If you read my posts carefully, you should note that I'm respectful to you, asking your opinion and providing resources to information presented by others as part of a civil discussion. You assume I'm arguing with you, when I'm not. ... And then you say this, a direct quote: ".........O.And I guarantee this, if I'm the officer sent to investigate an open carry, and you refuse to submit to detention, well you might as well go for your gun because, the fight is on and I won't be feeling bad later on if I pump you full of .45 slugs! ........"

This cop must be related to Detective Tuazon :( Scary this bastid.

greg36f
11-02-2010, 1:30 PM
Not sure what to make of the above post. Is it second hand info? Third hand? A direct conversation between the OP and a LEO where the LEO had the time to go back and check all the links that the OP gave him; then continue the conversation?

I will freely admit to not being the sharpest tack in the box and easily confused, but the above post seems………………strange.

N6ATF
11-02-2010, 1:33 PM
Must really want two weeks off... or an official reprimand. It's time to Gene Hoffman him.

Librarian
11-02-2010, 1:38 PM
PatriotnMore had it right - this is good information to have, but discussions of this tend to get more than a little heated.

Violator, please share with hoffmang, and include the officer's agency (if you know it) in the PM.