PDA

View Full Version : who did you vote for governor?

nicki
11-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Quick poll, just to see where we are at.

Feel free to post comment on who you voted for.

Personally I voted for Chelene Nightingale. Given a choice between only Jerry and Meg I would have voted Jerry.

Without gun rights, we have no other rights, so for me, Gun rights trumps EVERYTHING else.

Nicki

POLICESTATE
11-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I voted for Nightingale. You should turn this into a poll :)

VacaDuck
11-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Sure as hell wasn't Moonbeam.

ir0nclash86
11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
The wife and I voted for Nightingale

Kynoch
11-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Almost voted for Chelene Nightingale -- I know nothing about her but what a cool name. Realizing that would be a wasted vote I instead voted for eMeg instead.

Cali-Shooter
11-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Dale Ogden. Libertarian is the only way.

Gio
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I voted for my friend ;)

professionalcoyotehunter
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I voted for myself.

gobler
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Dale Ogden. Libertarian is the only way.

+1 :yes:

freonr22
11-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Almost voted for Chelene Nightingale -- I know nothing about her but what a cool name. Realizing that would be a wasted vote I instead voted for eMeg instead.
^^ this, but I really wanted to do a write in for Melvino

NoJoke
11-02-2010, 12:31 PM

Personally I voted for Chelene Nightingale. Given a choice between only Jerry and Meg I would have voted Jerry.

Without gun rights, we have no other rights, so for me, Gun rights trumps EVERYTHING else.

Nicki

ditto

choprzrul
11-02-2010, 12:34 PM
1. Jerry Brown == pro gun

2. Jerry Brown == anti business

3. Jerry Brown == no money left to buy guns & ammo

What, exactly, good is #1 when #3 happens?

I have a name for #3: Economic Gun Control.

Tell me how I am wrong?

Oh, and there is this little tidbit:

AIlzYD4tk78

xXBigJoeXx
11-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Wouldent you like to know ;)

1911 Fan
11-02-2010, 12:48 PM
A vote based on one's principles is not a "wasted vote". Chelene Nightingale.

Andy Taylor
11-02-2010, 12:51 PM

How correct you are. If more pople did this we wouldn't be stuck with Dems or Reps all the time.

I voted for Dale Ogden.

GrizzlyGuy
11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I put on my 'When All Else Fails, Vote from the Rooftops!' shirt and my VTAC cap, cruised down to the polling place, and proudly filled in the box for Dale Ogden.

Purple K
11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
While I do feel that Brown is more pro-gun than Whitman, I voted for Whitman. I feel that Whitman will be better for the State in general. There are bigger issues at stake than guns.

spetsnaz
11-02-2010, 1:00 PM
i had to vote for nightingale on this one. no way i could give my vote for anyone else other than nightingale or ogden

professionalcoyotehunter
11-02-2010, 1:14 PM
Whitman will feel so dumb if she loses after wasting over $100M on her political publicity.

Kestryll
11-02-2010, 1:17 PM
Couldn't vote for Whitman, we already tried the millionaire RINO, it's didn't work so well.
Besides, she's always telling us she a businesswoman, well businessmen and women don't spend the kind of money she did without seeing a payout on the horizon.
I'm curious what payout she's looking for.

Couldn't vote for Brown, he might have a better stance on 2A than Whitman but we're talking a matter of inches in a five mile race.
Besides, there are far too many other things I can not agree with Brown on.

Couldn't vote for Nightingale, she's nuttier than a fruitcake and a proven liar.
I've said it before, lie to me in little things and I have no reason to trust you with big things.

Dale Ogden was marginally okay expect for his 'Open Borders' stance.

Since I had to vote for someone I thought 'Why vote for Ogden as a least of all' vote and just vote for who I wanted to be Governor.
So I wrote in Tom McClintock.

hawk1
11-02-2010, 1:22 PM
Couldn't vote for Whitman, we already tried the millionaire RINO, it's didn't work so well.
Besides, she's always telling us she a businesswoman, well businessmen and women don't spend the kind of money she did without seeing a payout on the horizon.

Couldn't vote for Brown, he might have a better stance on 2A than Whitman but we're talking a matter of inches in a five mile race.

Couldn't vote for Nightingale, she's nuttier than a fruitcake and a proven liar.
I've said it before, lie to me in little things and I have no reason to trust you with big things.

Since I had to vote for someone I thought 'Why vote for Ogden as a least of all' vote and just vote for who I wanted to be Governor.

This is/was my thinking as well. The only difference is none of them got my vote.

Kestryll
11-02-2010, 1:27 PM
This is/was my thinking as well. The only difference is none of them got my vote.

I vote, every time.

The right to vote is incredibly important and far too many people gave their lives over the past 200+ years to insure that I could still have that right.
I owe it to each of them to go to the polls and vote.

Cali-Shooter
11-02-2010, 1:32 PM

A Biblical principle, at that.

nso1
11-02-2010, 1:43 PM
I voted for Brown. On a ballot full of bad choices I voted for the worst in hope that he will sink the ship the fastest.

NytWolf
11-02-2010, 1:48 PM
Realistically, if you vote for anyone other than Brown or Whitman, all you're going to do is split the vote. With that said, I voted for the lesser of the two evils, Brown.

oepirate
11-02-2010, 1:54 PM
Heard on the radio this morning...

No honest person spends millions to get a $100,000 a year job.

Also, please oh please let this country start to understand that there are more than two options.

POLICESTATE
11-02-2010, 2:13 PM
Heard on the radio this morning...

No honest person spends millions to get a $100,000 a year job.

Also, please oh please let this country start to understand that there are more than two options.

yeah no ****, there is much more to Meg's thing than just "fixing" the state. Megalomania anyone?

GrizzlyGuy
11-02-2010, 2:14 PM

Excellent! I had the luxury of voting for both since he's my Congressman. :)

Big Dog Howie
11-02-2010, 2:14 PM
Nightingale

pdq_wizzard
11-02-2010, 2:23 PM
I voted for eMeg just to see the dirt bags in the State Cap. chew her up and spit her out.

the_donald_
11-02-2010, 2:24 PM

+1, I debated myself for weeks (brown v nightengale), principles won in the end. She may be nutty, although the principles are what I most agree with.

Whitman will feel so dumb if she loses after wasting over $140M on her political publicity.

Fixed it for ya;)
And yes, she will feel dumb if she loses.

gobler
11-02-2010, 2:28 PM

This is a sad misrepresentation of his views. He is very much against illegal immigration and feels that cutting off all the social benefits except emergency medial care and setting up a stream lined sponsorship program is the better way to go. He also want's to go after employers who hire illegals by sever financial penalty's and jail time. It really is the best way.

J.D.Allen
11-02-2010, 2:38 PM
I voted for Jan Brewer! :D

(If I could vote in CA it would've been Ogden)

MikeR
11-02-2010, 2:45 PM
I went with NutMeg, I would have and wanted to vote for Nightingale but i fear JB to much. If he gets elected, ill bet ill be living in a free state before the end of 2012.

dunndeal
11-02-2010, 2:50 PM
With incredible reluctence I held my nose and voted for Moonbeam. Strictly a 2nd A vote.

DannyInSoCal
11-02-2010, 2:56 PM
The personal money eMeg spent is 100% write-offs BTW - ONLY leaving her with about $700 million left....

beemaze
11-02-2010, 4:02 PM
Sorry, I'm old enough to remember how Moonbeam screwed things up for CA financially. He is not pro-gun either, nor is he a Libertarian (he opposes Prop 19.) He just chooses to leave the issue of the second amendment alone (for now) until the courts sort it out. He will never reverse the CA "assault weapon" laws nor the handgun roster, until a court tells him to do so.

Skullster
11-02-2010, 4:04 PM
I vote, every time.

The right to vote is incredibly important and far too many people gave their lives over the past 200+ years to insure that I could still have that right.
I owe it to each of them to go to the polls and vote.

Amen and well said!

P.W.
11-02-2010, 4:10 PM
Jerry Got my Vote, as did Carly for Obvious reasons. Everyone else I voted for were Conservatives.

Here's to Getting Boxer out of Office & Supporting the only Pro-2A Candidate:gunsmilie:

Meplat
11-02-2010, 4:40 PM
This is a sad misrepresentation of his views. He is very much against illegal immigration and feels that cutting off all the social benefits except emergency medial care and setting up a stream lined sponsorship program is the better way to go. He also want's to go after employers who hire illegals by sever financial penalty's and jail time. It really is the best way.

Nothing "stream lined" is the best way on immigration.

chris
11-02-2010, 5:16 PM
I voted for Nightingale. You should turn this into a poll :)

i did also.

Sure as hell wasn't Moonbeam.

remember when you sit in traffic today thank Jerry Brown for it.

yellowfin
11-02-2010, 5:24 PM
Voted for Carl Paladino. I doubt any of you would like to look across the map and see Andy Cuomo at the helm of NY.

Meplat
11-02-2010, 5:57 PM
I am also old enough to remember his first go round. I had a "California has Brown rot" bumper sticker. However, I think you are being unreasonably harsh in evaluating his 2A position. His actions in the administrative and judicial arenas have demonstrated a substantial respect for the RKBA. That said; I must admit I tried hard, but could not bring myself to pull the trigger for a radical environmentalist progressive. I voted Ogden.

Sorry, I'm old enough to remember how Moonbeam screwed things up for CA financially. He is not pro-gun either, nor is he a Libertarian (he opposes Prop 19.) He just chooses to leave the issue of the second amendment alone (for now) until the courts sort it out. He will never reverse the CA "assault weapon" laws nor the handgun roster, until a court tells him to do so.

theoutcast32
11-02-2010, 6:00 PM
OGDEN FTW!

five.five-six
11-02-2010, 6:09 PM
The wife and I voted for Nightingale

same here, if I were single, she could govern over me any time :devil2:

gobler
11-02-2010, 6:12 PM
Nothing "stream lined" is the best way on immigration.

Well it basically comes down to if you need help or something, you (the employer) pays the way, houses (or pay wages enough for apartment) and vouches for said "documented" worker(s). Again, having NO social programs for Non-Documented (Illegals) will help keep `em out. No work, no welfare, no schooling and they go back (don't stay).

NightOwl
11-02-2010, 6:40 PM
Dale Ogden. A candidate whom I can actually support, and I agree with him more so than Nightengale. Would have loved to see a debate between the two of them.

Disappointing to see "did not vote" getting results.

Meplat
11-02-2010, 6:47 PM
Well it basically comes down to if you need help or something, you (the employer) pays the way, houses (or pay wages enough for apartment) and vouches for said "documented" worker(s). Again, having NO social programs for Non-Documented (Illegals) will help keep `em out. No work, no welfare, no schooling and they go back (don't stay).

You forgot no babies. Automatic citizens. We can't separate families, it's for the children!:rolleyes:

LethalDog
11-02-2010, 6:52 PM
Dale Ogden all the way. Only gun friendly candidate.

Serbian
11-02-2010, 6:52 PM
I forgot to register, but if i did vote it would be a "yes" on 19

Meplat
11-02-2010, 7:00 PM
Don't hold your breath. Employers who employ illegals are just sucking off the public tit to supply all the benefits for their workers. If they had to pay a living wage illegals would not be so attractive.

On the other hand, Americans will have to see a lot harder times than they have in over a century before they withhold food or shelter from anyone legal or not. Just ain't gonna happen.

Meplat
11-02-2010, 7:03 PM
I forgot to register, but if i did vote it would be a "yes" on 19

That's prolly why you couldn't remember!:p

P. S. I voted for 19 myself, but I cant remember why?:confused:;)

NapaCountyShooter
11-02-2010, 7:35 PM
Voted for Nightingale. I know they say that a 3rd party vote is worthless, and I usually vote for someone who has a realistic chance, but in this one I just couldn't vote for either Meg or Moonbeam. Voted against Boxer, that's all that mattered.

ale014
11-02-2010, 7:37 PM
i voted for Nightingale

WhoDares
11-02-2010, 7:51 PM

Nicki

+1...I could've posted this exact thing.

ArmedWolf
11-02-2010, 8:50 PM
Chelene Nightingale

bigstick61
11-02-2010, 9:29 PM
I voted for Dale Ogden. He was the best out of the crap we had for choices. I find it ironic the voting episode of South Park played last night. It epitomizes the election in California this time around.

I was operating the ballot machine in a precinct in San Dimas and Brown won the machine-processed votes with Whitman trailing somewhat. 3rd Party and write-ins got over 10% combined with Ogden leading followed closely by Nightingale with the Greens making some sort of showing and everything else negligible. We had a ton of provisional and absentee ballots, enough to potentially change the machine tally. I was actually kind of depressed by the results in a heavily Republican area (far beyond the governor's race).

tenpercentfirearms
11-02-2010, 9:47 PM
I did not decide until I was in the booth. I was seriously conflicted between Whitman and Brown. In the end, I voted Ogden! My Ogden vote hurt Whitman, but tastes better than voting for Brown.

In the end quit fooling yourselves, a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. A third party candidate is never going to win. However, in this case, it was my get out of jail free card. My vote for Ogden was really a vote for Brown, but not really.

ShootinMedic
11-02-2010, 10:12 PM

I wonder if he'll ever run... That would be awesome!

GuyW
11-03-2010, 8:13 PM
I can cut all the poll responders some slack, no matter how they voted EXCEPT for the non-voters...

bodger
11-03-2010, 8:19 PM
I won't say who I voted for, but suffice to say I had to hold my nose when I did it.

1911 Fan
11-03-2010, 8:22 PM
Nightingale.http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/governor/

NightOwl
11-03-2010, 8:32 PM
In the end quit fooling yourselves, a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. A third party candidate is never going to win.

Why do you think a third party candidate will never win? I find that to be an untenable position, in light of the fact that it's already happened before.

drclark
11-03-2010, 9:57 PM
Looking at the Sec of state website, I noticed something interesting:

Governor

Name Party Votes %All
Jerry Brown DEM 3,951,607 53.8%
Meg Whitman REP 3,029,919 41.2%
Dale F. Ogden LIB 106,970 1.4%
Chelene Nightingale AI 115,740 1.6%
Laura Wells GRN 89,444 1.2%
Carlos Alvarez PF 64,011 0.8%

Total votes: 7,357,691

vs

Lieutenant Governor

Name Party Votes %All
Gavin Newsom DEM 3,580,206 50.2%
Abel Maldonado REP 2,812,582 39.4%
Pamela J. Brown LIB 416,748 5.8%
Jim King AI 136,871 1.9%
James "Jimi" Castillo GRN 114,957 1.6%
C.T. Weber PF 83,696 1.1%

Total votes: 7,145,060

It is interesting to note that ~200K fewer people cast a choice for Lt Gov vs Gov race. It is also interesting to note that the number of libertarian voters nearly quadrupled (400K vs 100K) in the Lt Gov race compared to the Gov race where as all the other lesser party vote totals are roughly the same.

If you were to take the 200K no votes and the 300K libertarian votes and give them to Maldonado its not quite enough but would have made that race much tighter.

So it would appear that the conservative voters were punishing Abel M. for his "last vote" on the budget deal that raised the income and sales taxes. If you go to the sec of state website and look at individual county results, in So Cal (john and ken listening area) the libertarian vote gets as high as 6-9% in LA/OC/Riverside/San Bernardino/Ventura counties.

A similar (but lesser) phenomena can also be seen in the Insurance Commissioner race which featured Mike Villines who helped push through the same budget deal.

All other state wide races seemed to have the libertarians (and all third parties for that matter) averaging 1.5-2.5%

drclark
11-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Why do you think a third party candidate will never win? I find that to be an untenable position, in light of the fact that it's already happened before.

Well, after the "open primary" proposition passed in the last election, it is pretty much certain that there will be no more third party candidates in the general elections anymore. In fact, we'll be lucky if we don't see two democrats in the general in future elections.

dmcag69
11-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I left that section blank, skipped it, just interested in senator and local issues which require no more funding.

Glock22Fan
11-04-2010, 11:25 AM

For sure, any third party candidate that stands even a small chance of winning is going to approach polling day with a lot more support than Nightingale or Ogden.

By all means, shill for a third party candidate all you wish in the run up, but if they haven't gained traction by the time the postal ballots start going in, they never will.

dieselcarpenter
11-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I voted Meg, But I am glad old moonbeam made it. I am cheering for the collapse!!

California is doomed. end of story, its only a matter of time.

My predictions:

As the business and freedom fronts only continue to worsen the flight of normal freedom loving capitalists will increase unitl this is one giant welfare state only to have Brown besseech the feds for a full state bail out only to delay the collapse. But now that Congress is locked up (thank heavens) short of secret key strokes by Bernanke or Exec order his plees will fall on deaf ears. So then what?
As Greece/French style riots break out and drive LA,SF, and the whole sate into violent open anarchy from unions who cant pay picket pay or pensions and Obama class who cant their cheese, the only alternative will be for the Federal Govt. to (thru exec order) step in declare this state a US territory, pluck the star off the flag, and put the state under Federal control and oversight and hence absolving it of its debts, and allowing it to directly benefit from the printing press.
(Or just sell off large portions of land to China or other foreign countrys.)

With Borwn, Newsome, Harris, and all the lock step legislators like ze Feurher!! it is really only a matter of time, dont fool yourselves thinking they will protect your rights here. Court cases or not.

Operation exodus is in full swing and I am counting my days for sure! Vote with your feet, there is nothing left here!!! Head to a free state, buy guns, cut off your cars CAT, CO and CCL to your hearts content, hunt and fish for 10 bucks a year, shoot lead, "bullet button? thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of"!!!!!!

Be free my freinds get out while you can!!!

ZX-10R
11-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Lotta demos in this forum...Really reflective of the state as a whole. Surprised so many voted for a life long politician. Sad but hey hope you guys will be able to weather the storm.

Wherryj
11-04-2010, 3:40 PM
I voted for myself.

Is it a wasted vote if I voted for Mickey Mouse? I couldn't find his 2A stance, but figured he was probably anti- due to his address. Still, my kids love him so I just had to...:rolleyes:

Wherryj
11-04-2010, 3:45 PM
I voted Meg, But I am glad old moonbeam made it. I am cheering for the collapse!!

California is doomed. end of story, its only a matter of time.

My predictions:

As the business and freedom fronts only continue to worsen the flight of normal freedom loving capitalists will increase unitl this is one giant welfare state only to have Brown besseech the feds for a full state bail out only to delay the collapse. But now that Congress is locked up (thank heavens) short of secret key strokes by Bernanke or Exec order his plees will fall on deaf ears. So then what?
As Greece/French style riots break out and drive LA,SF, and the whole sate into violent open anarchy from unions who cant pay picket pay or pensions and Obama class who cant their cheese, the only alternative will be for the Federal Govt. to (thru exec order) step in declare this state a US territory, pluck the star off the flag, and put the state under Federal control and oversight and hence absolving it of its debts, and allowing it to directly benefit from the printing press.
(Or just sell off large portions of land to China or other foreign countrys.)

With Borwn, Newsome, Harris, and all the lock step legislators like ze Feurher!! it is really only a matter of time, dont fool yourselves thinking they will protect your rights here. Court cases or not.

Operation exodus is in full swing and I am counting my days for sure! Vote with your feet, there is nothing left here!!! Head to a free state, buy guns, cut off your cars CAT, CO and CCL to your hearts content, hunt and fish for 10 bucks a year, shoot lead, "bullet button? thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of"!!!!!!

Be free my freinds get out while you can!!!

Perhaps a bit overexaggerated, but I find something in my own personal life somewhat agreeing with your dire prediction. My wife has always stated that we can never leave CA because she wants to be close to her family-who will NEVER leave San Jose. They are not only ultra-liberals, but of an ethnic group well represented in SJ/Westminster/Vancouver and not much of anywhere else.

Last night she was "hung over" from having gotten so anxious about the elections that she didn't sleep until 4am. She was almost catatnonic about the results. When I mentioned, "We may need to get out of this state...soon!" She merely replied, "You find the job first and I'll follow you there."

:eek:

Maybe there is hope for me yet, although it's a major deal to uproot a medical practice. The "plus" is that I'd be leaving the most stingy of states with respect to medicine-thanks to Kaiser lowering the floor for payments.

tuolumnejim
11-04-2010, 3:53 PM
Dale Ogden, but I do not like his open border thinking.

jeff762
11-04-2010, 4:15 PM
i voted for ronald regan.

razr
11-04-2010, 5:41 PM
Dale Ogden

AEC1
11-04-2010, 5:48 PM
I voted for Rick Scott :) He won

IW378
11-04-2010, 6:48 PM
Dale Ogdon