PDA

View Full Version : Gear up for 2012

nicki
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Today is election day and if 50 percent of the people vote, it will be :mad:a high voter turnout.

The real problem is not the politicians, it is the lack of involvement by most "Americans" in the political process.

We get the politicians we deserve because to many voters are irresponsible, they don't. Look up issues, the don't understand both their rights and their responsibilties of being a true American.

Where we need to be effective is in the primaries.

Because of term limits, we are not stuck with bad politicians forever, of course the bad side is we lose good guys too, as such we need to have replacements that are at least equal, preferably better than our friends who are termed out.

We can become more than a 800 pound gorilla in the primaries, we could be King Kong.

We have 50K plus members, we have over 16K that are active.

Unlike other groups we can work with both Dems and Republicans.

In the 2012 elections, what if we started mounting challenges in the Dem primaries in
open seats?

Many gun bills passed the assembly by a few votes. Every election cycle 1/3 rd of the assembly is termed out. That means we have 26 open seats that we have a crack at during the primaries.

If we picked off 2 to 3 assembly seats that would go to gun banners, it would make a significant difference.

Many people instinctively vote either Dem or Rep and we may not be able to change that.
What we can hopefully do is set things up so that no matter who wins, we win.

The anti gunners got clobbered in 1982 with the failure of prop 15. Back then our side didn't have the resources that we have today to go in and finish them off.

As such, they regrouped, changed focus from handguns to evil black rifles and stood ready to attack on mass shooting tragedities such as the MacDonald's shooting in San Ysidro and the Stockton shooting.

Today all of us get 1 vote, since only half the people vote, our vote is worth 2.
In primaries generally a 30 percent turnout is large, each vote is worth 3 to 4 votes.

If we could put 100 calgunners into targeted assembly races in the primaries every weekend for 4 weeks before a primary, we could shift many races to our side.

Nicki

383green
11-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm registered as nonpartisan, so I'd have nothing to lose by joining any arbitrary party in order to vote in their primaries as part of an orchestrated pro-gun campaign.

JOEKILLA
11-02-2010, 11:09 AM
The news media is saying that there is a high turn out.......

at Sports Authority and Giants Dugout stores to get their t-shirts for tomorrows parade. :no:

I am worried :willy_nilly:

bandook
11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm registered as nonpartisan, so I'd have nothing to lose by joining any arbitrary party in order to vote in their primaries as part of an orchestrated pro-gun campaign.

With open primaries we don't need to meddle with parties anymore...

383green
11-02-2010, 12:34 PM
With open primaries we don't need to meddle with parties anymore...

True. I'll go undercover in a party I don't like if that'll help, but I'll be even happier if I can continue to stay unattached to any of them!

scoob_i_e
11-02-2010, 1:43 PM
We have 50K plus members, we have over 16K that are active.

Interesting this should come up... I was thinking of this recently. Does anyone know what math/algorithm/whatever is involved to determine what constitutes an 'active user' on this forum? Is it based off frequency of posts, last/most recent post submitted, specified number of posts required, etc?

MP301
11-02-2010, 2:01 PM
IIRC, if you were online/logged on the last 20 minutes, its shows you as active on CGN. Some forums will show you as active if you were on at all that day... I guess tehre are different settings for these boards

Rigma
11-02-2010, 9:46 PM
A veteran recently pointed out to me that in the last election in Iraq, the voter turnout was over 80%.

If that is true then that means people came to vote despite the threat of suicide bombers and being targeted for having an ink stained finger.

...and we hit a record by getting near 50% ???

For me that hurts and is a suker-punch to my faith in this country. However it will not dissuade me from making my voice ring in the ears of those tha care not to hear it, or to teach my spawn to do the same.

If it all crumbles in my life time, it won't be due to my lack of interest...be dammed!

Luieburger
11-03-2010, 7:32 AM
You say 2012, and I say RON PAUL!!!

Untamed1972
11-03-2010, 7:34 AM
Looks like so far out of a population of nearly 37million, only about 6.5million actually voted.

not sure how many actual registered voters there are in CA though.

ZX-10R
11-03-2010, 7:39 AM
I am voting for anyone who carries my views and that is not Obama and his cabal of clowns.