PDA

View Full Version : Judicial Votes - Any recommendations?

SoCal Gunner
11-02-2010, 8:54 AM
OK, we all know about the races for Governor, US Senate, Attorney General, etc... What about the Judicial "YES" or "NO" votes to retain the chief and associate Judges of the CA Supreme Court? I don't have a lot of info on these people; any known + or - for 2A rights?

Also, for the Judges of the Appeals court (I fall in District 4)?

OleCuss
11-02-2010, 8:58 AM
No on Moreno.

Iffy on the other two. I've voting for the other two because odds are that if we replaced them we'd end up with worse.

Edit: Visiting http://www.judgevoterguide.com/ can be useful. I obviously don't agree with all their recommendations - but they are quite useful. If they give someone a 1-3 you can bet that you don't want 'em. If you get an 8-10 they're probably a very good idea. In between you need to consider strategy and whatever else you may have available. If you've got no clue at all beyond what they give you, it's not too bad to just go with their recommendations.

glockman19
11-02-2010, 9:09 AM
I vote NO on all of them. I've never known a judge in CA or the 9th circut to make a decision that was not overturned when challenged. Most IMHO are legislating from the bench and I don't like that.

SoCal Gunner
11-02-2010, 9:13 AM
D'oh! I just found this other thread - HERE (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=346792) with some discussion of the judicial voting.

My question still stands for the District 4 voting:
Judith McConnell
Manuel Ramirez
Carol Codrington
David Sills
William Bedsworth
Eileen Moore

OleCuss
11-02-2010, 9:20 AM
I vote NO on all of them. I've never known a judge in CA or the 9th circut to make a decision that was not overturned when challenged. Most IMHO are legislating from the bench and I don't like that.

I was also in the "no" on all of them column but I was reminded of Jerry Brown's previous California Supreme Court nominations. Since it looks like Brown is likely to win, it's a bad bet to kick out half-ways reasonable justices so that Brown can put in the truly nutty ones.

SoCal Gunner
11-02-2010, 12:35 PM
In the past I followed a "If I don't know them for something good, they get a NO" voting policy. Also, I am a believer in term limits, thus I lean towards favoring turnover. Now, I'd like to be sure that I'm not throwing someone out that is likely better than the next person to fill the spot.