PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Call.

Barkoff
11-01-2010, 9:41 PM
Finally got a call from a local sheriff stating my CCW class was tentatively set for DEC 2.

I told him that I had talked to somebody who had completed the process back in April, but still didn't have his CCW.

He said that they had fallen behind because they were busy furnishing asked for information through the "freedom of information act" that some lawyers up in the north bay had requested on all CCW applications.

Hmm, well we'll see what happens Dec 2, almost five months since I applied.

dantodd
11-01-2010, 10:06 PM
LOL... So, they are saying that they are violating one law on time permitted to issue because they are required to abide by another law. That's hilarious. I'm sure that Brandon would love to see that excuse in writing.

fairfaxjim
11-01-2010, 10:09 PM
That dept. must be issuing thousands of CCW's a year to be so bogged down by the CGF's FOI requests.
I guess it will take him 6 months to provide CGF the info from your app., so add that to your wait.
What a crock!

wildhawker
11-01-2010, 10:29 PM
PM me with the county, please.

Finally got a call from a local sheriff stating my CCW class was tentatively set for DEC 2.

I told him that I had talked to somebody who had completed the process back in April, but still didn't have his CCW.

He said that they had fallen behind because they were busy furnishing asked for information through the "freedom of information act" that some lawyers up in the north bay had requested on all CCW applications.

Hmm, well we'll see what happens Dec 2, almost five months since I applied.

jdberger
11-01-2010, 11:30 PM

I love deadpan succinct requests like this. I giggle a little.... :chris:

N6ATF
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
:popcorn:

Munk
11-02-2010, 3:38 AM
I love deadpan succinct requests like this. I giggle a little.... :chris:

Yeah, it always has the feeling of someone about to get a whupping.

Looking forward to "Barkoff Vs. Sheriff - Re: Illegal CCW delays."

Barkoff
11-02-2010, 8:43 AM

Upon recomendation, I PMed you about this county a week ago, check your box.

xrMike
11-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Upon recomendation, I PMed you about this county a week ago, check your box.Not waiting for the new sheriff, eh? ;)

I'll be applying soon myself; was waiting to see who won today.

wildhawker
11-02-2010, 1:57 PM
See Cal. Penal Code Section 12052.5:

The licensing authority shall give written notice to the applicant indicating if the license is approved or denied within 90 days of the initial application for a new license or a license renewal or 30 days after receipt of the applicant's criminal background check from the Department of Justice, whichever is later.

It's amusing that San Benito would use the redaction of 2 pages from ~18 applications as an excuse to deny your fundamental rights. By the way, they started the process in early August.

I guess another call to Sheriff Hill and Sgt. Burbank is in order.

-Brandon

Gray Peterson
11-02-2010, 2:00 PM
See Cal. Penal Code Section 12052.5:

It's amusing that San Benito would use the redaction of 2 pages from ~18 applications as an excuse to deny your fundamental rights. By the way, they started the process in early August.

-Brandon

That's gonna leave a mark.

freonr22
11-02-2010, 2:01 PM
goooooo team!

meg
11-02-2010, 2:03 PM
I'd love to see Gray and Brandon playing Good Cop/Bad Cop with these guys. I'm guessing Gray for "Bad Cop" just based on sheer size intimidation.

freonr22
11-02-2010, 2:04 PM
I wish we could have the audio feed from the phone call, or maybe at least a transcript

Gray Peterson
11-02-2010, 2:21 PM
I'd love to see Gray and Brandon playing Good Cop/Bad Cop with these guys. I'm guessing Gray for "Bad Cop" just based on sheer size intimidation.

Meg,

You got it reversed. Brandon is bad cop. I'm the nice guy who is friendly. Brandon, not so much....

OleCuss
11-02-2010, 2:29 PM
Frankly, I'd not care to be on the bad side of either one of you. . .

Munk
11-02-2010, 3:24 PM

From the looks of things it's going to be "bad cop, and cop who sits there telling you why bad cop is chewing you out, and how you have no recourse because badcop is right; by the way here's your subpeona, see you in court"

greasemonkey
11-02-2010, 5:48 PM
Awesome, keep the pimp hand strong, Brandon :43:

-Brandon

Smokeybehr
11-02-2010, 5:58 PM
Awesome, keep the pimp hand strong, Brandon :43:

Let us all fall to our knees and pray the Pimp's Prayer... :43:

hoffmang
11-02-2010, 9:41 PM
Brandon is bad cop. I'm the nice guy who is friendly. Brandon, not so much....

Not so much indeed.

-Gene