View Full Version : Anyone checked out the Geissele SSA-E (Enhanced) trigger?

11-01-2010, 8:23 PM
Hey all,

I was just browsing on midwest px and Ty is selling the enhanced SSA triggers for $25 more than the originals. Are these new? Has anyone here used one yet?

I was already saving up for an SSA and now will probably spring for the upgraded version. From the description it seems to be exactly the same function-wise with just a few manufacturing tweeks. This supposedly gives it an even cleaner, lighter, crisper pull.

Based on all the super positive reviews I had heard on here about the original SSA, I have to say I am pretty excited to check out this newer version.

I tried to check it out on Geissele's web site, but it seems to be on the fritz at the momemt and won't go past the home page. Here's the link with the description on midwest (http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?products_id=504).

11-01-2010, 9:16 PM
Got the Hi-speed G trigger and its the cats meowwwww

11-01-2010, 9:28 PM
Got the Hi-speed G trigger and its the cats meowwwww

Will these work reliably in 308? Specifically LMT MWS?

11-02-2010, 7:27 PM

I just got the Geissele Match trigger (haven't installed it yet, can't decide if it's going in my AR-15 or LR-308) but it says on the package that it can be used in AR-15, AR-10 and LR-308. The instructions do mention the possibility that you may have to do some small amount of fitting on some .308s due to clearance issues around the trigger. Most reviews I have read have said that no fitting was required on their .308, but none mentioned any issues with failures to fire in .308s. Every review I read claimed that the Geissele was as good or better than any other AR trigger.

11-02-2010, 10:31 PM

11-03-2010, 12:21 AM

That is one sexy rifle. Is it yours?

11-03-2010, 8:02 AM
That is one sexy rifle. Is it yours?

No its my dogs but he lets me shoot it on the weekends.

11-03-2010, 9:28 AM
I *was* going to mark one of these SSA-Es as a demo and toss it in one of my MWS rifles (whenever they arrive...but that's another story...) to try but who knows if they'll be around by then. From what I've read, they are a pound lighter than the original and also a bit crisper but NOT as crisp as the adjustable high-speed triggers.

Also, the Geissele triggers, SSA or high-speed, work in the MWS or any other DPMS/SR25 pattern .308 rifles. If you put them in an Armalite AR10, be aware that the selector may or may not work in it's original form and may require some material be removed.

11-03-2010, 9:47 AM

Have you shot your LMT MWS yet? Ive compared mine to a Geissele SSA and to me, it just wasnt worth getting one. In fact, I think my stock LMT MWS trigger breaks at a lighter pull weight. Perhaps I just got lucky?

11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I picked up a pair of SSA-E triggers from Palmetto State Armory, during the 10% off sale. Installed them last night, one in my carbine, one in my SPR. They both feel exactly the same: awesome. Granted, I'm coming from stock triggers that were super heavy, but the difference was night and day. First stage takeup is very smooth, second stage breaks clean and crisp. I love it.

11-12-2010, 6:26 PM
Second jpopfan. Just installed a SSA-E trigger from Palmetto State Armory into an Armalite AR-10 lower and it works great. I had an Armalite NM trigger from an AR-10T gun and it is night and day.

11-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi-speed Nat'l Match trigger