PDA

View Full Version : Got my GCA card yesterday!! And now have sent an order for an M1!!!

bballwizard05
11-01-2010, 9:12 PM
Oh sweeeeet, CMP M1 garand HERE I COME!!!!!! Tomorrow I will get my signature notarized and ship off my order form! OMG I'm already excited!

NaughtyMonkey
11-01-2010, 9:14 PM
Great news! Need pictures when you get it! and please do not pee your pants when the Fed Ex guy walks up to the door, I nearly did the first time. :) wait was that to much info?

P.S. don't forget to order some ammo as well. :)

bballwizard05
11-01-2010, 9:35 PM
Oh I will certainly be ordering at LEAST one tin of 192 rounds on clips. Maybe two... idk me and the credit card may just let loose for a night!

NiteQwill
11-01-2010, 9:37 PM
Oh I will certainly be ordering at LEAST one tin of 192 rounds on clips. Maybe two... idk me and the credit card may just let loose for a night!

Buy the 400 round cans, you save more!

metalliman545
11-01-2010, 9:38 PM
Great news! Need pictures when you get it! and please do not pee your pants when the Fed Ex guy walks up to the door, I nearly did the first time. :) wait was that to much info?

P.S. don't forget to order some ammo as well. :)

hahahahahaha are you serious? thats so funny :P
yea dont forget about the ammo! i signed and had everything all added up on the form and then realized id forgotten to put ammo n there, oh well.

bballwizard05
11-01-2010, 9:41 PM
i'm nervous about the notarization. Can I fill everything out and just leave the signature line blank? Then sign it in front of them and they notarize it? I think that is how it works.

I'm still debating between the springfield lowest grade (service grade I think?) or the next one up. I forgot the names currently. I kind of want to get the 500$ one and spend more on ammo. advice?

NiteQwill
11-01-2010, 9:46 PM
i'm nervous about the notarization. Can I fill everything out and just leave the signature line blank? Then sign it in front of them and they notarize it? I think that is how it works.

I'm still debating between the springfield lowest grade (service grade I think?) or the next one up. I forgot the names currently. I kind of want to get the 500$ one and spend more on ammo. advice?

Sign in front of the notary.

Get a service grade. Buy ammo.

A service grade is spectacular, to say the least.

Reductio
11-01-2010, 9:49 PM
Buy the 400 round cans, you save more!

Cheaper yes, but if it's your first Garand, you're still gonna need the Enblocs. :p

NaughtyMonkey
11-01-2010, 9:49 PM
I got two field Grades (which are the lowest available), here are some photos. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=357165

But its mainly up to you and what you want. If you don't have en blocs I recommend buying the ammo with en blocs. I've seen en blocs sell at gun shows for $2 a piece!

bballwizard05
11-01-2010, 9:50 PM
Oooops I meant field grade. I don't have loads of money, and 400 rounds for 175 bucks is a goood deal. So field grade it is, springfield. plus 400 rounds. gonna be around 700$ NOT BAD! :)

and ok i'll get everything filled out then sign it in front of notary. Does post office do notarizing? I know fedex does but there isn't a close one, who else? And does it cost?

NaughtyMonkey
11-01-2010, 9:51 PM
The UPS store charged me $10 bucks. lol. For the notary. Call ahead of time to make sure the person who does it is there! lol.

bballwizard05
11-01-2010, 9:51 PM
I got two field Grades (which are the lowest available), here are some photos. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=357165

But its mainly up to you and what you want. If you don't have en blocs I recommend buying the ammo with en blocs. I've seen en blocs sell at gun shows for $2 a piece!

oh yea those field grades look GREAT. And yes I don't have any clips... so maybe I will order the other one.

NiteQwill
11-01-2010, 9:52 PM
Oooops I meant field grade. I don't have loads of money, and 400 rounds for 175 bucks is a goood deal. So field grade it is, springfield. plus 400 rounds. gonna be around 700$ NOT BAD! :)

and ok i'll get everything filled out then sign it in front of notary. Does post office do notarizing? I know fedex does but there isn't a close one, who else? And does it cost?

Try googling it in your area. Lots of places notarize. Mail Box Etc., Kinkos, Fedex, some UPS Stores, etc.

You won't be disappointed with a field grade either! :D

NiteQwill
11-01-2010, 9:53 PM
Cheaper yes, but if it's your first Garand, you're still gonna need the Enblocs. :p

Forgot about that! Well, order the 192 spam can AND 400 rounds! :43:

bballwizard05
11-01-2010, 9:54 PM

ok go buy my SKS for sale for 100$ more than the asking price then I will!!! :D

Reductio

I'm filling out my order form as that just at this moment. :D

NiteQwill
To tease you, here is my service grade ;)
http://www.sk8ng.com/dusty/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Springfield-M1-Garand.jpg

NiteQwill
11-01-2010, 9:56 PM
ok go buy my SKS for sale for 100$ more than the asking price then I will!!! :D
Hmm... see below... ;)
I'm filling out my order form as that just at this moment. :D

:D:D

I sent in my order for another 400 rounds and another service grade. :D

NaughtyMonkey
11-01-2010, 9:58 PM
I was thinking of getting a service grade Winchester (kinda pricey though) and then sell off my crappy import marked Winchester Garand, or keep it for reenactments. Havn't made up my mind yet.

Anyways post pictures when you get it or I'll find you!!! Muahahahah!

bballwizard05
11-01-2010, 9:58 PM
Time to start filling out mine too!!!!

bballwizard05
11-01-2010, 10:00 PM
I was thinking of getting a service grade Winchester (kinda pricey though) and then sell off my crappy import marked Winchester Garand, or keep it for reenactments. Havn't made up my mind yet.

Anyways post pictures when you get it or I'll find you!!! Muahahahah!

oh there will be pictures!! Trust me, they will be so hot and steamy I'll get my first ban.... or maybe not. They may be so amazing that even the great kestryll will not be able to temp ban me!!!!

NaughtyMonkey
11-01-2010, 10:04 PM
He's going to open the box and get a stiffy and unload everywhere (I'm talking about the gun you pervs!)

metalliman545
11-02-2010, 10:04 AM
and to tease you even more, heres MY service grade, granted i got some special treatment due to being deployed and in the active duty Army

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs814.snc4/69418_1685764186254_1302132827_31884026_3547389_n. jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1155.snc4/149723_1695163061220_1302132827_31902690_5817704_n .jpg

bballwizard05
11-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Its about to get a whoooole lot worse. Sending in my order today... now all I can do is wait. GRRRRRRRR

bballwizard05
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Oh man.... let the daily checking of my credit card balance begin! I know my order is still sitting in the post office but I've already checked my card balance twice JUST IN CASE!!!

(jk)... i'll probably be able to hold off till Friday at best... this is sad.

Milsurp Collector
11-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh man.... let the daily checking of my credit card balance begin! I know my order is still sitting in the post office but I've already checked my card balance twice JUST IN CASE!!!

(jk)... i'll probably be able to hold off till Friday at best... this is sad.

Your credit card won't be "hit" until just before your order is shipped. As I explained previously in a private message, the next thing to look for is the "DBU" (Don't Bug Us) email.

After your order is received you will get a confirmation email that members call the "DBU" (Don't Bug Us) email. That means the CMP has your order and is processing it. Then you can create an account at their E-store https://estore.odcmp.com/Store/login/login.aspx so you can check the status of your order. It will eventually show up with a ship date of TBA (To Be Announced). Many guys check the E-store daily until the exciting day when their order says "shipped" and has a FedEx tracking number. Then you can use the FedEx web site to track your order.

bballwizard05
11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Your credit card won't be "hit" until just before your order is shipped. As I explained previously in a private message, the next thing to look for is the "DBU" (Don't Bug Us) email.

yes i know, it was just a joke to explain my excitment. Sorry i shall remain silent on this matter until I have a picture to post.

Paul S
11-02-2010, 3:24 PM
The UPS store charged me $10 bucks. lol. For the notary. Call ahead of time to make sure the person who does it is there! lol.

That's not bad...but your credit union (if you belong to one) will provide the service free of charge. Going rate up here in Fresno is $20 I believe.

Reductio
11-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Ok.... I just put my order in this morning..... why don't I have a box on my porch yet?!

:taz::taz::taz:

Yeah, I don't wait well with things like this...

cmichini
11-04-2010, 8:01 AM

Also, check with your company's legal dept (if you have access) often they have an admin/paralegal that is also a notary. It helps to get documents completed for various closings and filings. Often times they will do it no charge. Since the they don't need to read the affidavit, which doesn't blatantly indicate it's purpose IIRC, you don't need to feel too worried about causing a stir.

I vote for service grade, at least one tin of M2 ammo in clips (for emergency use) and additional ammo for 'using'.

Good luck!!

Post pix when the stork arrives!

jegonzo3
11-04-2010, 8:20 AM
[QUOTE=metalliman545;5229367]and to tease you even more, heres MY service grade, granted i got some special treatment due to being deployed and in the active duty Army

Great looking wood pattern on yours.

Nobody077
11-04-2010, 8:36 AM
If you have AAA try there for notary, that's who I use. Last time I had some items done it was $5 and they normal have more than 1 notary so you have a good chance of one in the office.

Cant wait to see pics of your new Garand when it shows up, I remember waiting for the FEDEX guy with my first C&R purchase, it was only a 91/30 but once the tracking online showed out for delivery every large truck noise had me running to the curb looking up and down the street LOL

RaceDay
11-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Good luck on the orders. I am a big fan of the service grade Garands. The barrels are guaranteed to have less wear. With the cost of ammo and the amount that I can shoot mine, it means a barrel that will last my lifetime and still be accurate. My last SG had MW = 0 and TE = 2-- those are great specs.

Also, Orest said late last week that the Winchesters would last another few weeks. So get your letters in the mail soon if you want one.

mls343
11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
I sent the paperwork in for 2 HRA Service Grades on Monday! I cannot wit for this shipment (my 4th this year...). The good news is that the wait is not that long anymore.

Congrats on your M1. You will love it!