PDA

View Full Version : CCW Initiative: Named or Anonymous Sponsor?

the_donald_
11-01-2010, 4:07 PM
Named or Anonymous Sponsor? That is the question.

I've got some pretty extensive LE related background checks coming in the near future, and I'm curious what your thoughts are with becoming a Named v Anonymous Sponsor for the initiative. I'm clueless in terms of how this may or may not show up in a background check if I become a named sponsor (named is my preference), and hope to get some feedback on what fellow calgunners think. Is my :TFH: on too tight?

I've come to the conclusion that I really can't afford NOT to become a sponsor in some way, even though my finances are really tight. So either way it's gonna happen.

Thoughts?

Mods, I wasn't sure if this topic is better in OT or not, if so, please move as you see fit.

Thanks in advance,

Don

wash
11-01-2010, 4:22 PM
Do what you feel comfortable with.

I doubt that donating to a non-profit civil rights organization would hurt you in a background check but if you don't want to take that chance, go anonymous.

Paladin
11-01-2010, 4:22 PM
I'll donate before the end of the year, that's when I do all of my "giving" for that calendar year.

I hope CGF adds a third option: CGN Username.

I'd rather not let my sheriff know I've contributed money to &*#(! slap him! ;)

wildhawker
11-01-2010, 4:48 PM
To be quite honest, the biggest problem with custom fields is the support required. The current store does not have a text entry capacity (a future one will), and we currently have to do all the work manually. We simply cannot support that kind of time-intensive option.

I hope CGF adds a third option: CGN Username.

the_donald_
11-01-2010, 5:31 PM
...I'd rather not let my sheriff know I've contributed money to &*#(! slap him! ;)

I hadn't thought of this, I don't want any potential public sector employment opportunity tainted by having donated to such a "controversial" cause.:rolleyes:.

383green
11-01-2010, 6:00 PM
Are sponsors automatically "outed" in any identifiable way if they don't brag in the sponsorship thread? When I sent in my sponsorship, it didn't occur to me to look at whether my name/username/etc. might be published as a result. I don't feel a personal need to remain anonymous in this case (after all, I already bragged in the sponsorship thread), but now that the OP has mentioned it, I can see why some folks might wish to donate to this cause anonymously.

putput
11-01-2010, 6:14 PM
I'd bemoan the downfall of the republic when good men are afraid to stand up and be counted in the support of the constitution but, I lurked on this site for two years before I had the guts to register and make a donation...

wildhawker
11-01-2010, 6:42 PM
There is already an "Anonymous" option, and has been since the beginning of the Initiative rollout.

Those who desire anonymity are absolutely free to choose that method of sponsorship.

AndrewMendez
11-01-2010, 7:06 PM
OP, I personally think your name on the CalGuns Foundation page is a badge of honor. So make the donation, then post the link on your facebook page, for all your anti gun friends to see. ;)