PDA

View Full Version : DROS QUESTION for FFL's about Actual Approval or Denial Timeline

Sopholis
11-01-2010, 12:03 PM
When a DROS is submitted to the CA DOJ, I have always been curious as to the actual approval or denial timeline. With todays electronic age if a DROS is denied is it immediate or can it be on the last day of the 10 day waiting period. Never had a problem myself, but was always curious as to how fast the DOJ can find a red flag on a person.

jtmkinsd
11-01-2010, 12:10 PM
When a DROS is submitted to the CA DOJ, I have always been curious as to the actual approval or denial timeline. With todays electronic age if a DROS is denied is it immediate or can it be on the last day of the 10 day waiting period. Never had a problem myself, but was always curious as to how fast the DOJ can find a red flag on a person.

Denial can come at any time...even after the 10 day wait. There is no set timeline or deadline really. The approval is implied/assumed when you submit the DROS, so if they don't find any reason to deny someone, we'll never hear from DOJ.

PolishMike
11-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Ive had them come minutes within submitting a DROS and then I had one that came a few hours after pickup was supposed to be.

Sopholis
11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks I always wondered about that timeframe. Are denials pretty common?

jtmkinsd
11-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks I always wondered about that timeframe. Are denials pretty common?

No...people who get denied generally don't know they have something out there which prevents them from buying...it's usually something stupid like an old unpaid ticket or something like that. We are not privy to the details of exactly why someone is denied. We are just the messenger for DOJ.

jeep7081
11-02-2010, 8:02 PM
Always wondered that too. Never been denied. But, I always thought the FFL dealer knew pretty quick as they continue to talk about future sales. haha