PDA

View Full Version : Does Calguns.net Endorse anyone?

ZapThyCat
11-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Maybe this is a question for Kestryll, but this is a political question, so I'm putting it in the politics sub-forum...

I keep getting flyers from different politicians talking about how they are "endorsed" by various unions or what-not. There are even "Voting Guides" for everyone from the Gay/Homosexual lobbies, Unions, newspapers, and everyone else you can think of.

So, as stated in the title: Are any Politicians Officially Endorsed by Calguns.net?

Could a Voting Guide for California 2A Rights be created? This could take a tad bit of research or time, but it could be helpful to those that don't know exactly who they should be voting for.

I know the Sacramento Sheriff election, thanks to the Sikes case, has really gone Pro-CCW recently. I know that Jerry Brown supposedly is Pro 2A, while Meg Whitman has a record of being anti-2A, who would this website endorse?

And I'm not talking about the Calguns Foundation... I believe that's a 501(c)3 or tax-exempt or whatever, so they can't officially endorse anyone...

So:
Could we do it?
If so, would it be a good idea?
If so, could we get the volunteers to help with it?
Just Curious!

hawk1
11-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Do you really need Calguns.net to help you pick who to vote for?
Seriously, if you're going to vote, then at least inform yourself on what or who you are voting for. Not what some .net, union, .reb, .dem prints up.

Window_Seat
11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
From the CalGuns Foundation FAQ:

Here is what we can't do:

(1) We can't lobby as the Foundation. What Calgunners do on their own time and what is advocated by NRA and others is not legislative activity sponsored by the Calguns Foundation.
(2) We can't make statements in any campaign for a public office. The Calguns Foundation will support the activities and expenses of Calguns.net but we do not own the forum or the domain name. Please also note that what members of the board of Calguns Foundation post on Calguns.net is not necessarily the opinion of the Calguns Foundation unless it is marked clearly otherwise.
(3) We can't defend everyone's firearms related legal trouble. The Calguns Foundation is not a lawyer referral service or "personal" legal defense fund. We can't assist in every case and we will certainly not assist cases where the firearms are illegally used, configured, manufactured or possessed or were part of other obviously illegal activity.

Erik.

383green
11-01-2010, 12:26 PM
From the CalGuns Foundation FAQ:

OP was asking about CGN, not CGF.

ZapThyCat
11-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Do you really need Calguns.net to help you pick who to vote for?

I don't NEED Calguns to tell me who to vote for.

But there are people that are more up-to-date on who is pro or rabidly anti-2A than I am. If there was a simple clearning house for that sort of information, it would make it easier.

Basically, would this be helpful or not? It not, don't do it. If it would, then do it. There are plenty of active people with some extra time that would gladly throw this together. Meanwhile, I have a full time job and a 3 kids under the age of 6, I don't have time to listen to every speech of every canditate on the federal, state and local level. Some people do. Pass on that knowledge.