PDA

View Full Version : Decent AR15 Carry handle?

October
11-01-2010, 9:17 AM
Lookin to spend about 40 bucks on a carry handle. Do brands really matter when it comes to a CH sight? If so, which would be recommended?

bjl333
11-01-2010, 9:21 AM
You bought it already, go shoot it and see if you have enough adjustment.
Some of the handles will run out of left/right adjustment in the sights.
Some are cast really weak and if you tighten it tooo much they might break.
If everything works than just shoot it!!! Good Luck.:D

EDIT: haha, I saw I bought a ch for 40 bucks !!! The advice still works, I would look hard for a takeoff from the forum, maybe a Stag handle.

U5512
11-01-2010, 6:08 PM
$40 might get you a quality used carry handle but I think it's going to cost more than $40. Carry handles come in two types: rifle sized and mil-spec. You need to know what your front sight is (F marked or not) in order to buy the correct carry handle in order for it to work with your front sight. The link below is everything you need to know about carry handles:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=354883&highlight=carry+handle

RedMongooSe
11-01-2010, 7:02 PM
mako makes a nice one. check midway or amazon

C_1
11-01-2010, 7:35 PM
Like anything, and everything else, you get what you pay for. Most of the name brand detachable carry handle rear sights are about $115. But you can sometimes find them in the classifieds for cheaper.

But follow that link above, and you should be good.

AlliedArmory
11-01-2010, 7:38 PM
I got my Colt Mil-Spec take off CH on AFRCOM for $40 shipped. There are tons on there. If you do not see one, post a WTB thread on there and I guarantee you will get half a dozen responses within 24 hrs.

Theres a thread floating around with forge marks which indicates who made it and which companies use them.

rodeoflyer
11-01-2010, 7:40 PM
I bought this one from Cheaperthandirt, thinking "what the hell-it's only $40".

Surprisingly, it works great and looks good. I was genuinely shocked.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=ARR-119

slomofo
11-01-2010, 7:49 PM
Browse ARFCOM's EE. I got three Colt takeoffs from there, they were $40 shipped, $50 shipped, and $80 shipped. My search-fu wasn't strong when I got the $80 one.