PDA

View Full Version : county sheriff!

tvfreakarms
10-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already. Who to go for scott or jim? Or does it matter?

ChrisTKHarris
10-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Jim Cooper

Andy Taylor
11-01-2010, 9:17 AM
With the recent events in the Sykes lawsuit, either will be shall ssue on CCW. Cooper will likely streamline the process. Jones likely will keep the process as it is, or make it worse.

On Non-CCW issues, Cooper is a real cop. Jones is a lawyer/politician with a badge. They both have some skeletons in the closet so to speak.

CaliforniaLiberal
11-01-2010, 9:21 AM
I voted for Cooper. Seems more like a cop's cop while Jones seems more like an administrator. Many of those whose opinions I value have favored Jones but I ignored their advice. I think the CCW issue is settled for good in any case.

thebronze
11-01-2010, 9:23 AM
Four more years of McGinness (Jones) or someone new (Cooper).

Your choice.

Bret Daniels
11-01-2010, 5:34 PM
In October of last year, I announced my intention running for Sheriff of Sacramento County. My decision was based on my desire to see the people of Sacramento County protected to the best of the ability of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department, to allow them to protect themselves through commonsense issuing of Concealed Weapons permits and to provide the members of the department the ability to do their jobs to the fullest extent. My desire is still to see the citizens of Sacramento County protected to the fullest extent and the fine men and women of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department led properly. It is with that desire that I am supporting Captain Jim Cooper for Sheriff of Sacramento County.

Many factors were involved in my decision to support Captain Cooper but foremost in that decision was Captain Cooper’s significant level of direct law-enforcement experience as opposed to Captain Jones’ six-month career on the streets. The citizens of Sacramento County do not need a lawyer to protect them; they need a cop that understands what it means to put his life on the line day after day. They need someone that has been willing to put himself in the trenches and in harm’s way and not a person who has driven a desk for 20 years building a resume. And the good men and women of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department need a leader they can respect, not one that they feel engaged in an on-going criminal relationship with known ex-felons to provide confidential information in exchange for financial gain despite what the media wants to report.

In making the decision to support Captain Jim Cooper, his experience as a Councilmember and the Mayor of the second largest city in Sacramento County was also a pivotal point. The position of Sheriff of Sacramento County is a political one and understanding the processes and having the relationships needed, and not just the sound bite endorsements, from the first day in office will be critical for the next Sheriff in repairing the damage that has been done to the department over the last four years.

And finally, all of you know the importance I place in the 2nd Amendment and the right of the people to protect themselves. I have been assured by Captain Cooper and feel confident in his words that those wishing to protect themselves will be allowed to do so through a commonsense approach to issuing concealed weapons permits based on "Shall Issue" philosophies. I promise those of you who have supported my efforts with this critical issue paramount to that support that I will hold Captain Cooper’s feet to the fire on this one.

It is time to reinvent the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department and the best person to do that now is Captain Jim Cooper. That reinvention cannot occur by simply allowing the current Sheriff to ordain his successor, indeed his right-hand man, when it is those very souls that have been the decision-makers and have got us to where we are today. All across America, we are saying no to incumbents and chosen successors. It is time to do the same in Sacramento County and I ask those that supported me to now join me in supporting Captain Jim Cooper as the next Sheriff of Sacramento County.

'Ike'
11-01-2010, 6:09 PM
From talking ot a lot of friends in the department, they're wanting/hoping it's Cooper!

Frank Scafidi
11-01-2010, 8:21 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already. Who to go for scott or jim? Or does it matter?

Indeed it does matter!

It's been said here quite extensively, but Cooper has the experience and the attitude to make the changes necessary in the sheriff's department. As thebronze stated, Jones will give us four more years of McGinness; Cooper is someone fresh.

He has the support of the line troops and the managers of the department--that is quite rare in my experience and it says something about Cooper.

Vote for Cooper; he doesn't go along to get along...he tells it like it is and that is the kind of person we need running the department.

thefinger
11-01-2010, 9:40 PM
Jim Cooper.

tvfreakarms
11-03-2010, 9:55 PM
Dang I voted for scott. But he ended up winning. Next time!