PDA

View Full Version : Your Age and Your Pre-Ban Magazines

Phireglass
10-31-2010, 6:38 PM
What's up everyone, I was at Battlefield Adventures today in Ventura and and I asked them if they had rebuild kits, they said they didn't because of the chance that people wouldn't rebuild and just circumvent the law, ok whatever. As I left a gentleman asked me if i was trying to buy hi-cap magazines and I told him that I was trying to FIX my old USGIs. He then says well in 2000 how old were you? 10 I replied. I have had a bunch of random magazines since i was a little kid like 5 or 6 and i just used to play with em and pretend you know mess around, well I still have em and now I can use em! He then tells me that I dont in fact own them, he says may father does (I actually purchased them when i was a kid, the guy at the counter obviously knew i was gonna use them to play with) he says that if i was not 18 before the ban then it would be illegal for me to own them. So is there any sort of law or PC somebody could site to confirm this i think its bs but apparently "he used to be a cop" so im asking you guys, do you need to be 18 before the ban to legally own these or is he just confused, oh he said hes a CG member too.

i1800collect
10-31-2010, 6:40 PM
He's wrong. There is no age restrictions on magazines.

sevensix2x51
10-31-2010, 6:40 PM
fud.

Reductio
10-31-2010, 6:42 PM
:fud::fud::fud:

There is no minimum age to own a magazine, it's just metal... did you own ANYTHING before you were 18?

Exile Machine
10-31-2010, 6:43 PM
Rebuild kits are not restricted. They're just parts. Don't do illegal things with them and you're good to go, whatever your age.

Phireglass
10-31-2010, 6:44 PM
Wordddd, thats exactly what I told em, but he was very persistent and insisted I was wrong, i asked if hes heard of CalGuns and he said hes a regular member, shoulda got his handle, hope he sees this

Phireglass
10-31-2010, 6:45 PM
Rebuild kits are not restricted. They're just parts. Don't do illegal things with them and you're good to go, whatever your age.

E X A C T L Y what I told em, he was soo persistent though I just had to share

Noobert
10-31-2010, 7:13 PM
Was he selling it for a good price?

PyroFox79
10-31-2010, 7:22 PM
I'm only 23 and I have about 15 high caps some were given to me by my god father. The rest I found in a sea bag that I opened last year for the first time since I left Iraq 4 years ago.

Fjold
10-31-2010, 7:25 PM
Just because someone is on Calguns doesn't make them informed.

There has been some extremely stupid stuff posted on here.

AJAX22
10-31-2010, 7:25 PM
A decent argument could be made that you were unable to own property before you were 18, since you couldn't enter into contracts or assume ownership. (try to buy a car when your 16 without your parents permission... Doesn't work so well..

I was only 17 and 9 months or so when I bought all of mine.... Never volunteered my age and my cash was plenty green... Would be interesting to know the repercussions.

valleyrat
10-31-2010, 7:28 PM

+1000

Cokebottle
10-31-2010, 7:33 PM
Try to buy a car when your 16 without your parents permission... Doesn't work so well..
I did.
Private party sale.
DMV had no problem issuing the title and registration in my name and my name only.
It was legally my car, sanctioned by the state.

russ69
10-31-2010, 7:45 PM
A decent argument could be made that you were unable to own property before you were 18, since you couldn't enter into contracts....

Contracts, no but young people can certainly buy and own things in their own right.

Thanx, Russ

Cali-Shooter
10-31-2010, 8:00 PM
If you have "hi-caps" or "pre-bans" in this state, great.

Don't flaunt them around if you know what's good for you. Use them legally in your firearms.

Sniper3142
10-31-2010, 8:46 PM

Don't flaunt them around if you know what's good for you. Use them legally in your firearms.

Actually I "flaunt them" every chance I get. :D

I especially like "flaunting my rebuilt 30 round Magpul Pmags!

I know whats "good" for me and I also know what is LEGAL. If anyone doesn't like that, to darn bad.

Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug.

QuarterBoreGunner
10-31-2010, 8:47 PM

This should be engraved in stone somewhere.

Cali-Shooter
10-31-2010, 8:56 PM
Actually I "flaunt them" every chance I get. :D

I especially like "flaunting my rebuilt 30 round Magpul Pmags!

I know whats "good" for me and I also know what is LEGAL. If anyone doesn't like that, to darn bad.

Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug.

That's good for you. I take a more conservative and cautious approach, but to each his own. I am proud and happy to own my high capacity magazines ;)

evidens83
10-31-2010, 9:36 PM
FUD!

DNA
10-31-2010, 11:53 PM
Speaking of prebans... I'm always amazed at how many people have preban FN57, Springfield XD, GSG and S&W 15/22 mags.

Dan

ArkinDomino
11-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Speaking of prebans... I'm always amazed at how many people have preban FN57, Springfield XD, GSG and S&W 15/22 mags.

Dan

Or M&P rebuilds like the ones my buddy found laying around Angeles once... :eek:

JohnFLand
11-01-2010, 10:49 AM
A decent argument could be made that you were unable to own property before you were 18, since you couldn't enter into contracts or assume ownership.

Minors *can* contract, they do it all the time -- those contracts are voidable, not void. Kid walks into a store, puts a candy bar on the counter -- that's an implicit indication that the kid wants to buy. The clerk rings up the purchase and announces a total -- that's the "offer". The kid pays -- that's the "acceptance". Contract complete, and the kid owns the candy bar. Nothing in the law that I know of makes parents automatic owners of everything possessed by their kids (e.g., grandpa gives a kid a baseball cap -- the ownership is with the kid, not the parent).

11Z50
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
POSSESSION is not illegal. If you are asked where/when you obtained your magazine, SAY NOTHING. If it happens to be a cop, tell them you want to talk to your attorney before you say anything else. It's nobody's business. The way the statute is written, as long as a person is in possession, it is not a violation. Just don't loan, sell, give or buy and you have not broken the law.

Jpach
11-01-2010, 1:44 PM
That guy is wrong. Even an Embryo can own standard capacity magazines

pepsi2451
11-01-2010, 1:57 PM
I thought there wasn't even an age limit to own a rifle. Why would there be a limit for magazines?

SarcoBlaster
11-01-2010, 2:18 PM

Uhm... what? :confused:

xibunkrlilkidsx
11-01-2010, 2:27 PM
lol. i have wondered this as well. me being 12 in 2000 whats to say that my father did not buy me something that used USGI mags when i was a kid and i bought magazines for myself?

i buy rebuild kits to make my own 10/20 rd mags. cheaper sometimes.

Uhm... what? :confused:

I think me means dont be breaking the law by using your old mags? IE. in a bullet button type rifle if i remember. Preban mags can only be used on featureless rifles.(im correct here right?)

Wherryj
11-01-2010, 3:15 PM
I'm only 23 and I have about 15 high caps some were given to me by my god father. The rest I found in a sea bag that I opened last year for the first time since I left Iraq 4 years ago.

I picked up four 15+ round mags when I purchased a Beretta in 1992, and just a few weeks ago was cleaning my safe. I opened an old case for a laser sight that I had forgotten about in the back of the safe. Low and behold there were four Beretta 15 round mags still in the packages.

It's nice when you "find" something that you had forgotten about, isn't it?

BKTJ
11-01-2010, 3:29 PM
If anybody asks, my kids never had toys, just pre ban mags. I have the baby photos to prove it :D

West coast
11-01-2010, 3:51 PM
Double FUD!!!!!

Bug Splat
11-01-2010, 4:23 PM
Doubt this will ever come up but if you are ever asked to prove they are preban you do not have to answer. You can reply "Prove that I did not have them" and walk away. Its not up to you to prove you owned them before 2000, its up to the LEO/DOJ/DA to prove that you obtained them illegally. So unless they have video from every second of your childhood to show you never bought them, or were gifted them or if they have video of you buy fully assembled mags in this state (Cali) they have no case. Because parts kits are 100% legal and new parts can be swapped for older parts to make a whole new mag there is no way to prove that you didn't build them as replacements.

I do not endorse breaking the law or performing illegal activity. I'm simply informing the realities of the law and its major holes making it completely unenforceable. Be safe and have fun. :D

Masterdebater
11-01-2010, 4:31 PM
punch him in the face... said and done. i had 30 rounders before my 10 round mag for my ar, i like the 10 round better actually cuz it doesnt seem like im using as much ammo :P

21SF
11-01-2010, 4:37 PM
How would someone go about proving they had hicaps preban?
or vice versa how would someone prove i didnt?

Scratch705
11-01-2010, 4:49 PM

to prove you did, easiest route is receipt dated to before 2000 or a photo with a verifiable dated source (newspaper is usually best) with you and the magazines in it.

but besides those two cases, nothing else can prove or disprove you had the magazines before or after the ban. hence why this hi-cap law is really ridiculous.
plus since if you did illegally get the hi-caps, the statute of limitations on the crime is 3 years. so you can even get them oct 31 2007 (as of this post) and be in the clear now.

digitalelf
11-01-2010, 4:56 PM

I know that some USGI mags have dates stamped on them...

Secret
11-01-2010, 5:00 PM
Arent there date stamps now-a-days on some magazines?

pepsi2451
11-01-2010, 5:02 PM
I know that some USGI mags have dates stamped on them...

Arent there date stamps now-a-days on some magazines?

It doesn't matter. Your allowed to replace parts. You can buy a rebuild kit with any date on it and use it to repair your mag.

digitalelf
11-01-2010, 5:11 PM
It doesn't matter. Your allowed to replace parts. You can buy a rebuild kit with any date on it and use it to repair your mag.

Even though the date is stamped upon the body of the magazine itself?

Mssr. Eleganté
11-01-2010, 5:13 PM
Even though the date is stamped upon the body of the magazine itself?

The magazine body is one of the parts your can replace to repair your legally owned magazine.

digitalelf
11-01-2010, 5:16 PM
The magazine body is one of the parts your can replace to repair your legally owned magazine.

So then what actually constitutes a magazine? I mean, if you can replace the spring, follower, end plate, and body, at what point does it become a brand new magazine??

Secret
11-01-2010, 5:19 PM
So then what actually constitutes a magazine? I mean, if you can replace the spring, follower, end plate, and body, when does it become a brand new magazine??

If thats the point, then i could just keep the floor plate or something lol?

Fate
11-01-2010, 5:25 PM

Yeah but the missus might protest a bit when getting them crammed in there...

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/76_168/223_34/fetal_mag-vi718.jpg

Reductio
11-01-2010, 5:26 PM
If thats the point, then i could just keep the floor plate or something lol?

You don't need to have ANY of the original parts, but it should work in the same gun, and should have at least one interchangeable part. i.e. you could rebuild your old USGI mags into PMag's since the spring works, but I wouldn't rebuild them into Beta-C mags.

Juice5610
11-01-2010, 5:31 PM

Whats so stupid about snipering an elephant at 2000 yards? lmao

ROCKETW19
11-01-2010, 5:33 PM
You don't need to have ANY of the original parts, but it should work in the same gun, and should have at least one interchangeable part. i.e. you could rebuild your old USGI mags into PMag's since the spring works, but I wouldn't rebuild them into Beta-C mags.

Just curious why not build it into a beta mag? there is no limit number of rounds after 11 so if i had a 20 round mag in 1999 I could rebuild it into a beta or any thing i wanted.

Cuda440
11-01-2010, 5:43 PM
You can buy a rebuild, install a block, and rivet it shut to make your own 10/30's for cheaper than buying them pre-made. I dont see where age comes in at all. Next time just tell the old guy that you're gonna block them yourself to save some cash, then tell him to bug off.

TMC
11-01-2010, 5:56 PM
I though I was the only wierdo who bought magazines when I was a kid so I could build toy guns. I still have M1 Carbine mags I bought when I was 11 (in 1975) at a military surplus store, when there was still was such a thing in the Bay Area.

Sionadi
11-01-2010, 6:04 PM
I bought ALOT of magazines when i was little at the local gunshop....

The owner was my dad's friend and I guess he liked me going in there and buying magazines because he always was giving them to me for a dollar each after the first few I bought.

By the time the ban came into play I had 30 - 40 functional magazines, and alot more broken ones that I rebuilt.

Secret
11-01-2010, 6:08 PM
I bought ALOT of magazines when i was little at the local gunshop....

The owner was my dad's friend and I guess he liked me going in there and buying magazines because he always was giving them to me for a dollar each after the first few I bought.

By the time the ban came into play I had 30 - 40 functional magazines, and alot more broken ones that I rebuilt.

:eek: a dollar each, damn

Sionadi
11-01-2010, 6:35 PM
:eek: a dollar each, damn

For a 6 year old a dollar was alot of money! ;)

xibunkrlilkidsx
11-01-2010, 6:35 PM
So then what actually constitutes a magazine? I mean, if you can replace the spring, follower, end plate, and body, at what point does it become a brand new magazine??

Its when you are manufacturing NEW magazines IE.

Say you have 5 Preban high cap Mags. You can not use Rebuild kits to create 6 or more High Cap mags. You have one where the feed lips break, you throw that body away and use new one from rebuild kit. still have 5 highcap/preban mags.

Now obviously this is not regulated so...be responsible.

Reductio
11-01-2010, 7:02 PM
Just curious why not build it into a beta mag? there is no limit number of rounds after 11 so if i had a 20 round mag in 1999 I could rebuild it into a beta or any thing i wanted.

Well you COULD, but everything I've heard from the "right people" on here indicates that you should make sure that you have at least one interchangeable part along the way.

Cokebottle
11-01-2010, 7:29 PM
POSSESSION is not illegal. If you are asked where/when you obtained your magazine, SAY NOTHING. If it happens to be a cop, tell them you want to talk to your attorney before you say anything else. It's nobody's business. The way the statute is written, as long as a person is in possession, it is not a violation. Just don't loan, sell, give or buy import and you have not broken the law.
Fixed it for you.

Cokebottle
11-01-2010, 7:34 PM
You don't need to have ANY of the original parts, but it should must work in the same gun, and should must have at least one interchangeable part. i.e. you could rebuild your old USGI mags into PMag's since the spring works, but I wouldn't rebuild them into Beta-C mags.
Fixed it for you.

There is no "should" about it. A magazine may be legally modified to operate in a different gun, but it MUST still be functional in the original gun.

Sniper3142
11-01-2010, 7:56 PM
Fixed it for you.

There is no "should" about it. A magazine may be legally modified to operate in a different gun, but it MUST still be functional in the original gun.

Correctomundo!

Phireglass
11-01-2010, 8:23 PM
I though I was the only wierdo who bought magazines when I was a kid so I could build toy guns. I still have M1 Carbine mags I bought when I was 11 (in 1975) at a military surplus store, when there was still was such a thing in the Bay Area.

Maybe were related somehow....mentally?

Phireglass
11-01-2010, 8:23 PM

Goddd!

supersonic
11-01-2010, 8:33 PM
To the OP: I would STRONGLY suggest that IF you are going to answer someone when they ask "how" you got the pre-bans when you were just a child, don't say that you "bought them from a gun store.' I mean, c'mon! Who in the hell would believe that for even a second? No gun shop in 2000 would have EVER sold a bunch of 'high-cap' centerfire rifle/pistol magazines to a 10-year-old!!!!:rolleyes:.....Just tell 'em to go pour gasoline on themselves & light a match.;)

Phireglass
11-01-2010, 8:40 PM
To the OP: I would STRONGLY suggest that IF you are going to answer someone when they ask "how" you got the pre-bans when you were just a child, don't say that you "bought them from a gun store.' I mean, c'mon! Who in the hell would believe that for even a second? No gun shop in 2000 would have EVER sold a bunch of 'high-cap' centerfire rifle/pistol magazines to a 10-year-old!!!!:rolleyes:.....Just tell 'em to go pour gasoline on themselves & light a match.;)

The ones i got were mostly broken, there were a few working ones for a m14 and they were all beaten to hell, they were dirt cheap at a old surplus store and i got em for the lil kid cool factor its not like they were new in box they were basically trash

rodeoflyer
11-01-2010, 8:52 PM
Okay, I haven't seen anybody in this thread be THAT guy yet, so i'll do it. ;)

Why not just use 10 round mags and be done with it? Personally, I think the 10/20, 10/30 mags, etc. are lame.

First - they aren't functional. It's like a new fuel injected Mustang having a hood scoop - why?

Second - why draw any un-needed attention from potential LEO's? I'd rather just toe the line and let it be known from a distance that my mag is compliant.

Regarding legit high caps - have rebuild kits put away for when you are out of California or the zombies are coming down the street. It's not worth it to me to risk losing my guns and the right to get new ones over a few more rounds in the magwell. I don't like it either, but i'm not in a hurry to lose my things either.

That's just my opinion, and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong - just giving some reasoning some people may not have thought of. To each their own. :)

Sniper3142
11-01-2010, 9:28 PM
Why not just use 10 round mags and be done with it? Personally, I think the 10/20, 10/30 mags, etc. are lame.

First - they aren't functional. It's like a new fuel injected Mustang having a hood scoop - why?

I think you've mis-understood this thread. It is about LEGALLY OWNED Large Capacity Magazines. It is not about 10/20, 10/30, or 10/Anything mags.

Second - why draw any un-needed attention from potential LEO's? I'd rather just toe the line and let it be known from a distance that my mag is compliant.

I'm Big (6,2 - 225lbs), Black, and Bald...

I ALWAYS draw attention from LEOs! ;)

And I could care less about any LEO who has a problem with my legally owned property!

Regarding legit high caps - have rebuild kits put away for when you are out of California or the zombies are coming down the street. It's not worth it to me to risk losing my guns and the right to get new ones over a few more rounds in the magwell. I don't like it either, but i'm not in a hurry to lose my things either.

I refuse to hide my legally owned property! :mad:

I use them when and where it is legal whenever I damn well choose. I will not be arrested since I haven't broken any law (some uninformed folks might try... I wish them luck. :D)

Nuff Said.

Phireglass
11-01-2010, 9:30 PM
Dear Sniper3142, we are on the exact same page

13204u
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I am just gonna throw my two cents in here. I worked in a gunstore right before and after 2000 and the ban. I am gonna say that hi-cap mags were being sold and not to kids. They were starting to get really pricey due to the rush and short supply on hand. A small child purchasing one probably wasn't likely, and I never personally saw one buying some. I did see people buying their kids assault rifles at the time and registering them. To me it seems highly unlikely that alot of young guys with shaky stories about how they acquired them could withstand much scrutiny. Yes, hicaps are cool, and yes our laws are poorly written, but just stick to the ten rounders please and leave the BS stories behind. :rolleyes:

pyromensch
11-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I did.
Private party sale.
DMV had no problem issuing the title and registration in my name and my name only.
It was legally my car, sanctioned by the state.

holly crap, california missed another one. now they are going to clamp down on that.

pyromensch
11-01-2010, 10:48 PM
For a 6 year old a dollar was alot of money! ;)

and it makes a bigger difference, when you were 6. was george washington, on the dollar bill?:)

supermario
11-01-2010, 10:48 PM

Dan

Ha, i know huh! Pre bans for some guns that didnt exist prior to 2000:confused:

supermario
11-01-2010, 10:59 PM
I am just gonna throw my two cents in here. I worked in a gunstore right before and after 2000 and the ban. I am gonna say that hi-cap mags were being sold and not to kids. They were starting to get really pricey due to the rush and short supply on hand. A small child purchasing one probably wasn't likely, and I never personally saw one buying some. I did see people buying their kids assault rifles at the time and registering them. To me it seems highly unlikely that alot of young guys with shaky stories about how they acquired them could withstand much scrutiny. Yes, hicaps are cool, and yes our laws are poorly written, but just stick to the ten rounders please and leave the BS stories behind. :rolleyes:

I do agree that perhaps some stories may seem unbelievable and that is why certain gun stores would not want to sell to a person looking young, however there are those people that really were into guns and received guns/mags from their parents at a very young age. I had several riflesand a shotgun at the age of 12. I was a hunting at young age though. But some people claim they owned them when they were really young and it appears to be bogus. I am not referring to this thread. Just others I have heard from.

tozan
11-01-2010, 11:16 PM
How does it work if I owned them in another state prior to 2000 then moved here after that date?

PyroFox79
11-01-2010, 11:18 PM
How does it work if I owned them in another state prior to 2000 then moved here after that date?

At that point you are importing a hi-capacity magazine. Unless they happen to have pass through California before the ban.

MudCamper
11-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Everyone needs to stop worrying about how to prove they are innocent. It doesn't work that way. The DA must prove your guilt. He/she won't be able to do that, unless of course you open your mouth and say how/when you got them. Then your ridiculous sounding stories will hang you.

"Where/how did you get those mags?" "None of your damn business." End of discussion.

Scratch705
11-01-2010, 11:45 PM

you say selling magazines to kids was unlikely before 2000, but then mention that those same kids were getting AW's? you can't believe even for one second that maybe those same adults were buying magazines for their kids at home?

13204u
11-02-2010, 12:07 AM
you say selling magazines to kids was unlikely before 2000, but then mention that those same kids were getting AW's? you can't believe even for one second that maybe those same adults were buying magazines for their kids at home?

I understand how that sounds flippant. What I am saying it is far easier to prove a registered AW than it is some far fetched magazine buying story. While I am not saying it is impossible that these descriptions may in fact be true, look at half the stories of young guys having hicap mags and how they acquired them. Trust me I am not promoting anti firearms policy, as I hate the hicap mag ban as next as the next person, but I feel like some of what is said on here by some members really borders on questionable in regards to age and hi-cap mags. ;)

KCDS
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM

whoever the father is, I need to find him and have him well you know......"jxxk off" for me a few times:43:

Dreaded Claymore
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM

The Buddha asked a question exactly like this when he was alive, except it was chariots instead of magazines. He was trying to demonstrate how the identity of a thing isn't fundamental to it or any part of it. When we talked about this in Intro to Religious Studies, I raised my hand and told everyone about how, according to the law, a piece of aluminum shaped like an AR lower reciever constitutes a firearm, and how the Buddha would have laughed at this law.

Scratch705
11-02-2010, 12:15 AM
I understand how that sounds flippant. What I am saying it is far easier to prove a registered AW than it is some far fetched magazine buying story. While I am not saying it is impossible that these descriptions may in fact be true, look at half the stories of young guys having hicap mags and how they acquired them. Trust me I am not promoting anti firearms policy, as I hate the hicap mag ban as next as the next person, but I feel like some of what is said on here by some members really borders on questionable in regards to age and hi-cap mags. ;)

well it is up to the DA to prove they got them illegally in the last 3 years. that is like proving someone was speeding with no video proof or officers present and only using the "he has a sports car" as proof. :p

Reductio
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
I understand how that sounds flippant. What I am saying it is far easier to prove a registered AW than it is some far fetched magazine buying story.

Registered AW: has to be registered and possession without is a crime, proof of burden on you.
Magazines: don't have to be registered, possession is not a crime, proof of burden on the state.

Same old advice: somebody asks you, the correct response is STFU.

odysseus
11-02-2010, 12:18 AM
The Buddha asked a question exactly like this when he was alive.

:rofl:

GM4spd
11-02-2010, 5:06 AM
This should be engraved in stone somewhere.

That's the truth! Pete

captbilly
11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
I am not a lawyer but I have had a few unfortunate instances where I ended up involved in lawsuits. Don't even think that any law is clear cut. The law says what it says but the interpretation is wildly different from one legal expert to another, and even interpretations and precedent changes over time. I doubt that there is any legal precedent established for ownership of pre ban high capacity magazines by minors. If you get arrested for owning them you will probably end up being the precedent setting case (not a place I would like to be). It could be that the police officer finding you with the magazines will simply accept your explanation and let you go. Or he could take the magazines, arrest you and take the case to the DA. The DA could accept your explanation and let you go, or he/she could recommend that you be charged. Then the whole mess ends up in the lap of a judge, or a Jury and God only knows what happens there. In the end the whole thing boils down to good lawyers winning the case. If the good lawyers are the prosecution then you are screwed. If the good lawyers are yours then you just end up with a huge legal bill.

The best advice that I have seen regarding these situations is keep a low profile if you aren't absolutely sure you are in the right, and absolutely sure that there is legal precedent on your side. Some very brave people helped to set the precedent in California that it is considered legal to own an off list lower and use a bullet button on guns with "evil features". But even that law, or interpretation of the law could change tomorrow. Retroactive law has been accepted by the Supreme Court in some cases, so there is no guarantee that if the DOJ finally comes out with a new list of lowers that aren't allowed, that many of our ARs wouldn't be instantly be made illegal.

metalliman545
11-02-2010, 1:19 PM

maybe its like you gotta have at least one piece to keep it original? i personally never had a floor plate wear out. i always thought they body wasnt to be replaced. i wouldnt see a body wearing out unless you abuse them but if i had pre bans, i wouldnt man handle them, so id only have to replace the followers and springs

Bug Splat
11-02-2010, 2:35 PM
well it is up to the DA to prove they got them illegally in the last 3 years. that is like proving someone was speeding with no video proof or officers present and only using the "he has a sports car" as proof. :p

:rofl2: I like that!

Its a completely unenforceable law that was made to please the Brady Bunch and uneducated liberals. I know a lot of LEO's. A LOT, and not one of them gives two shakes about 11+ mags.

drunktank
11-02-2010, 2:55 PM

Fate, aside from some porn links through other websites, this has been the greatest post I have ever seen...

ir0nclash86
11-02-2010, 2:57 PM
I thought that if you end up going to court over your prebans that the authorities can just look up your bank statements for the past 3 years inorder to try and prove you were lying about acquiring them before the ban. If you did purchase them before the ban you'd be in the clear. Now if you purchased them last year and lied about having them before 2000 wouldn't you be royally f*ck*d if you used debit or credit card to buy them?

Reductio
11-02-2010, 3:05 PM
I thought that if you end up going to court over your prebans that the authorities can just look up your bank statements for the past 3 years inorder to try and prove you were lying about acquiring them before the ban. If you did purchase them before the ban you'd be in the clear. Now if you purchased them last year and lied about having them before 2000 wouldn't you be royally f*ck*d if you used debit or credit card to buy them?

Well they can prove you got your rebuilds within the last 3 years... no telling when you actually had the original mags you rebuilt....

Merc1138
11-02-2010, 3:08 PM

That would prove you bought parts to re-build your original mags in the past 3 years.

odysseus
11-02-2010, 3:10 PM
i always thought they body wasnt to be replaced. i wouldnt see a body wearing out unless you abuse them but if i had pre bans, i wouldnt man handle them, so id only have to replace the followers and springs

Magazine bodies wear out all the time. They get crunched around and they start to have problems with feeding. 30 rnd GI types do, and I have had to replace a few I bought used back in the day. Though I was shooting AR's before 2000 so it's been awhile.

ir0nclash86
11-02-2010, 3:31 PM
Well they can prove you got your rebuilds within the last 3 years... no telling when you actually had the original mags you rebuilt....

That would prove you bought parts to re-build your original mags in the past 3 years.

That's right, I didn't think about it like that. Thanks for the clarificatio guys.

Merc1138
11-02-2010, 3:44 PM
That's right, I didn't think about it like that. Thanks for the clarificatio guys.

One other thing I forgot to mention. About pulling up creditcard statements...

Yes, if they did that they could see you spent $50 at Jimbo's Tactical Outfitters or whatever, but a creditcard statement isn't going to show you bought 5 rebuild kits unless they contacted the shop, then subpeona'd them for a receipt(assuming they still have it).

Creditcard statements alone don't mean squat even if the charge is from "Hi-caps R us".

luckystrike
11-02-2010, 3:45 PM
you can also have them if you find them. me? I found some in the parking lot of angeles range, only our car and 2 others. I asked the only people there if they were missing anything, they said no, I scored mags.

captbilly
11-02-2010, 3:48 PM
Okay, I haven't seen anybody in this thread be THAT guy yet, so i'll do it. ;)

That's just my opinion, and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong - just giving some reasoning some people may not have thought of. To each their own. :)

Of course this is a bit off topic because the OP was asking about mags that he already owns, but the reason that some people get 20 or 30 round magazines and limit them to 10, is that some of the best magazines are not available in 10 rounds. Magpul is widely regarded as making some of the best magazines for the AR-15 and DPMS LR.308, but they don't make them in 10 round versions so if you want a MAGPUL mag you have to buy a 20 or 30 round and somehow limit it to 10. In the case of the LR.308 there are many people who believe that the only really good magazine is the 20 round Magpul, so that leaves you with few options if you want a rifle that feeds reliably. The other issue is cost. I do have a number of actual 10 round magazines for my AR-15, but each one cost me more than I pay for two Magpul 20 or 30 round magazines.

As to the fuel injected Mustang with the hood scoop. I am not sure what fuel injection has to do with hood scoops. The idea of hood scoops was to get cold air with as much pressure as possible into the engine. I don't know if the hood scoop on the new mustangs is even functional at all but it certainly could be, as much as it was in a carburated engine anyway.

chesterthehero
11-02-2010, 4:16 PM
i didnt own any of my standard capacity mags before 2000.. i didnt even own a gun then.. hell i didnt even live in CA till 2005.... but i find a heck of a lot of good mags that need new followers/springs/floorplates or the feedlips rebent in the trash at the range.. ive even found a few in scrap piles at the junkyard.. even in this economy people throw all sorts of stuff away..

Merc1138
11-02-2010, 4:25 PM

Actually, they are functional in the sense that they provide something to grab onto instead of that little nub of a ranger plate. This is why I prefer my 10/20's over my 10 round mags.

Second, as someone else mentioned(and is what brought my attention to your post), yes, hood scoops can be functional. All you need to do is move the intake from the airbox, or ditch the airbox altogether and move the filter to the location of the scoop. Being fuel injected or carbureted has nothing to do with whether or not a hood scoop is functional or not.

donking
11-02-2010, 4:42 PM
I think me means dont be breaking the law by using your old mags? IE. in a bullet button type rifle if i remember. Preban mags can only be used on featureless rifles.(im correct here right?)

This makes me wonder why there is such a hoopla about having hi-cap AR/AK mags in CA. Until the law is changed, you can't legally put them in a gun with a BB, right?

If you want to stockpile for SHTF, then why are you flaunting them or taking them to the range? This just seems to be asking for trouble.

If you have a RAW, then you can put hi-cap mags in it, but then you were at least 18 in 1999 to register it, right?

Please explain to a newbie, Thanks.

Merc1138
11-02-2010, 4:44 PM
This makes me wonder why there is such a hoopla about having hi-cap AR/AK mags in CA. Until the law is changed, you can't legally put them in a gun with a BB, right?

If you want to stockpile for SHTF, then why are you flaunting them or taking them to the range? This just seems to be asking for trouble.

If you have a RAW, then you can put hi-cap mags in it, but then you were at least 18 in 1999 to register it, right?

Please explain to a newbie, Thanks.

You can use your hi-caps in a featureless configuration.

donking
11-02-2010, 4:47 PM
:rofl2: I like that!

Its a completely unenforceable law that was made to please the Brady Bunch and uneducated liberals. I know a lot of LEO's. A LOT, and not one of them gives two shakes about 11+ mags.

It is my understanding that if I put a 11+ round mag into my new AR/AK with a BB it will be illegal. Is this not the case?

Cali-Shooter
11-02-2010, 4:51 PM
It is my understanding that if I put a 11+ round mag into my new AR/AK with a BB it will be illegal. Is this not the case?

Yes, because a fixed magazine rifle (BB AR or AK) with any of the "evil" features such as pistol grip, folding or collapsing stock, and flash hider AND a magazine capacity of 11+ rds is illegal.

Exile Machine
11-02-2010, 5:53 PM

You can use them in a featureless rifle. Just yank all the evil bits & bullet button off an off list rifle and replace the pistol grip:

http://www.exilemachine.com/images/IMG_9812_C.JPG

http://www.exilemachine.com/images/IMG_9818_C.JPG

hefedehefe
11-02-2010, 6:11 PM
I saw someone who also had a prban mag for their Draco pistol. Is that possible?

B yond
11-02-2010, 6:12 PM
i didnt own any of my standard capacity mags before 2000.. i didnt even own a gun then.. hell i didnt even live in CA till 2005.... but i find a heck of a lot of good mags that need new followers/springs/floorplates or the feedlips rebent in the trash at the range.. ive even found a few in scrap piles at the junkyard.. even in this economy people throw all sorts of stuff away..

Why didn't I think of looking there? It's brilliant!

QuarterBoreGunner
11-02-2010, 6:13 PM
I saw someone who also had a prban mag for their Draco pistol. Is that possible?

Wouldn't that just be plain old regular capacity AK mag? Heck I have dozens of those.

supersonic
11-02-2010, 6:42 PM
I am just gonna throw my two cents in here. I worked in a gunstore right before and after 2000 and the ban. I am gonna say that hi-cap mags were being sold and not to kids. They were starting to get really pricey due to the rush and short supply on hand. A small child purchasing one probably wasn't likely, and I never personally saw one buying some.

Thank You & Good Night..........But seriously, all you youngsters that were in diapers when the 'Hi-Cap' ban went into effect, it is pretty simple for any human being with common sense to figure out what is going on. Fortunately for you, the burden of proof lies on the state, so just be aware of that.;)

I did see people buying their kids assault rifles at the time and registering them. To me it seems highly unlikely that alot of young guys with shaky stories about how they acquired them could withstand much scrutiny. Yes, hicaps are cool, and yes our laws are poorly written, but just stick to the ten rounders please and leave the BS stories behind. :rolleyes:

How did you actually know they were doing this? It would have been like urinating against an industrial fan anyway, due to the fact that registered AW's cannot be transfered anyway!

Uncle Jess
11-02-2010, 6:51 PM

Not in California. Draco's in CA require a BB. So a standard capacity (pre-ban) AK mag in a bullet button equipped rifle/pistol is a no-no.

Cokebottle
11-02-2010, 7:05 PM
Ha, i know huh! Pre bans for some guns that didnt exist prior to 2000:confused:
I'm not sure about Gen-4, but pre-ban Glock mags will work just fine without modification in any Glock.

Many magazines can be legally modified to work in guns that didn't exist prior to the ban (as long as the magazine still works in the original gun).
Also, modern guns can be modified to work with preban magazines... a Saiga x39 can be modified to work just fine with a 1955 AK47 mag.

Cokebottle
11-02-2010, 7:09 PM
More accurately.... using a vehicle's "black box".
Sure.... they know he went 100mph.
They don't know where.

gunn
11-02-2010, 7:13 PM
Wouldn't that just be plain old regular capacity AK mag? Heck I have dozens of those.

Perhaps if it was a RAW (I'm guessing military permit or CALDOJ dangerous weapons permit -- whatever they give to movie/prop companies.)

I don't believe they were imported before 2000 so a civilian registration probably wasn't possible.
-g

hefedehefe
11-03-2010, 10:58 AM

I know, but because it's a pistol and not a rifle would it be legal to have a high cap mag? It's not a pistol grip rifle

hefedehefe
11-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Never mind I got the answer. It's required to have a bb I guess so thats a no no

QuarterBoreGunner
11-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Never mind I got the answer. It's required to have a bb I guess so thats a no no

You are correct, I was wrong.

17+1
11-03-2010, 1:44 PM

+1

The stories are obviously fake, you know, we know...the DOJ knows, they just can't do anything about it. Don't tempt fate.

I don't use 10/20's or 10/30's in my BB AR's, no need to catch any attention from the man, regular 10's are fine by me.

jak77
11-03-2010, 1:54 PM
I actually thought the stories involving finding broken hi-caps in the trash at the range to be pretty plausible, it may even be a good way to score extra hi-caps legally. Cant get in trouble for finding hi-caps can you??

Reductio
11-03-2010, 2:02 PM
Come on guys, sure, you could have had bought them as a minor, you could have found them in the trash or even in a duffel bag on the way home from the range. All that matters is that you COULD have. Possession's legal, and you don't ever have to prove that you got them legally. 5th amendment is there for a reason folks.

End of story, nothing to see here, move along.

Turo
11-03-2010, 2:25 PM
+1

The stories are obviously fake, you know, we know...the DOJ knows, they just can't do anything about it. Don't tempt fate.

So what do you say to the AR, AK, and Glock mags my dad gave me when I was ten? They can't possibly exist? or I wasn't given them because my dad knew they could be useful after 2000? Tempting fate? Really? So by using my legally owned property at the range I'm tempting fate?

You can live your life in fear, but don't tell me my story is bull**** unless you were there to witness it not happening.

Never Convicted
11-03-2010, 3:48 PM
This "what if" topics comes up all the time. And many people ask the same question that has been asked before. And the same answers have been given time and time again. What I ask is has this ever even happened or are too many of you worried about something that has never happened and probably will not. I understand there is always someone concerned the sky is falling and the tin foil hat brigade loves this topic, but seriously ? Does the "DA" have the resources to go out and play Range Sleuth ? I think I know the answer....

hefedehefe
11-03-2010, 3:53 PM
Actually the other day I was at the range with my mpa930 and didn't have my preban, but just had my 10/30 and this guys came up and told me to be careful. He said that cops were showing up at some ranges and arresting people and taking all their guns:eek:

KING_PALM
11-03-2010, 3:54 PM
A decent argument could be made that you were unable to own property before you were 18, since you couldn't enter into contracts or assume ownership. (try to buy a car when your 16 without your parents permission... Doesn't work so well..

I was only 17 and 9 months or so when I bought all of mine.... Never volunteered my age and my cash was plenty green... Would be interesting to know the repercussions.

bought a non op when i was 15. thanks for playing that game dude.
this thread is full of FUD.

also on my way back from vegas a plane landed on the side of the road and arrested everyone in the car in front of me for having hi cap mags!

XDTRIGGERHAPPY
11-03-2010, 4:17 PM

EPIC! How do I make babies like this?

Bongos
11-03-2010, 4:38 PM
Here's my $0.02

I remember too, AR mags were running $35-$60 per mag, the teflon ones can go up to $100 (as you get closer to end of 1999). Pre-Ban ARs were in the $2500-$3000 range, stripped lower receivers were $400-$800.. so how does a 10 year old have funds to make a purchase and whom would sale to them (most people won't sale you anything rifle related unless you were at least 18).. even at gun shows

Actually the other day I was at the range with my mpa930 and didn't have my preban, but just had my 10/30 and this guys came up and told me to be careful. He said that cops were showing up at some ranges and arresting people and taking all their guns:eek:

This can happen, I go to Angeles every other week and meet AR type guys all the time, can't say how often you would see a guy with a BB, yet have one of those solar tactical magnet BB defeater on the gun (cause it's convenient to release the mag that way). Or guys whom would openly state they just put the AR together and there were not BB on the lower, uninformed saying it was OLL so it's OK....

Funny thing is, I run into a lot of off duty as well as on duty Cops, I don't think they go looking for it, but if it shown to them, I'm sure they would take it away.

luckystrike
11-03-2010, 4:45 PM
Here's my $0.02

so how does a 10 year old have funds to make a purchase and whom would sale to them (most people won't sale you anything rifle related unless you were at least 18).. even at gun shows

you must live in North county, because if you lived in south county you would prob know the answer to that. heres a hint, its the same 16-20 year olds with $60K cars. noone stays 10 years old forever.

I have never been asked if I was 18 when buying any equipment, gun show or otherwise.

X-NewYawker
11-03-2010, 4:46 PM
you can also have them if you find them. me? I found some in the parking lot of angeles range, only our car and 2 others. I asked the only people there if they were missing anything, they said no, I scored mags.

You found my mags! Oh sweet jesus Thanks!

Your address?

:)

luckystrike
11-03-2010, 4:56 PM
You found my mags! Oh sweet jesus Thanks!

Your address?

:)

:willy_nilly::auto:

zenmastar
11-03-2010, 5:05 PM
In my book, it does not matter your age. You have a constitutional right to own those, even make your own silencers or full-auto that is not inter-state commerce. However, the Federal and California law enforcement does not go by my book, but the book written by false prophets sitting in legislative and bench chairs.

If you are out shooting near me and law enforcement came around asking me, my standard reply is "I was not aware of any illegal shooting around me. I was too busy concentrating on my shooting for score".

sd1023x
11-03-2010, 5:10 PM
Here's my $0.02
I remember too, AR mags were running $35-$60 per mag, the teflon ones can go up to $100 (as you get closer to end of 1999). Pre-Ban ARs were in the $2500-$3000 range, stripped lower receivers were $400-$800.. so how does a 10 year old have funds to make a purchase and whom would sale to them (most people won't sale you anything rifle related unless you were at least 18).. even at gun shows

Haha, the bad days, when finding a decent USGI AR magazine was impossible for $50+. Do you remember $40 USGI M1A mags, $800+ Beta C-mags? Walking into a gunstore, 10 year old buying USGI AR magazines. Plausible? Whatever you can sell to the jury my friend.

Question about 3 year statute of limitations. When does it start running? When you illegally manufacture, transport in? Or when the DA says you broke the law? Any case law?
If your gaming the laws, you expose yourself to prosecution and butt-rape in prison. Not worth it.

c good
11-03-2010, 5:27 PM

Dan

Before the Springfield Armory took the XD9 under it's name it was previously imported and called the HS2000. The S&W 15/22 accepts the 10/22 magazines. You might find some of those 10+ round mags floating around legitimately.

Reductio
11-03-2010, 5:39 PM
Statue of limitations starts ticking when the crime was committed.

Why is everybody thinking the kids are buying these? Did your parents never give you anything as wee little ones? :rolleyes:

sniper4usmc
11-03-2010, 5:41 PM
luckly,I was in Marine Corp back in 95-99,and Acquired 30+ USGI mags, most are still in Plastic Seal Wrap...:):):):)

Bongos
11-03-2010, 6:50 PM

Why is everybody thinking the kids are buying these? Did your parents never give you anything as wee little ones? :rolleyes:

Oh Yea Dad! I want 3 Uzi 32rder, 6 AR15, 6 MP5, and 3 grease guns mags for Christmas...it's for guns I'm going to buy when I'm old enough. Kinda reminds me of the Kick *** movie with the girl and her father

Reductio
11-03-2010, 7:00 PM
Oh Yea Dad! I want 3 Uzi 32rder, 6 AR15, 6 MP5, and 3 grease guns mags for Christmas...it's for guns I'm going to buy when I'm old enough. Kinda reminds me of the Kick *** movie with the girl and her father

lol, well I didn't particularly want them putting aside money for college either, but those two things are certainly something I appreciate now.

sniper4usmc
11-03-2010, 7:02 PM
back in old ebay days,you could buy ar15 uppers,high cap magazines,drum mags etc.

Peter.Steele
11-03-2010, 7:30 PM
The S&W 15/22 accepts the 10/22 magazines.

Um, not so much.

Cokebottle
11-03-2010, 7:35 PM
Before the Springfield Armory took the XD9 under it's name it was previously imported and called the HS2000.
Except the HS2000 was not imported until late 1999.

But it would not have mattered if the first HS2000 was imported in 1994 or 2005....
....Keep in mind the Federal high-cap ban.

Now, the Fed ban did not prohibit individuals from buying and selling, but it did prohibit the manufacture of NEW high caps for non-LEO/non-Military use.
That is the root of the term "preban", as all post-ban high caps (between 1994 and 2004) were marked as being for LE/Military use only.

So while you could have legally purchased a box of (Federally) pre-ban high caps on December 31, 1999, you could not have legally purchased a high cap magazine for an HS2000.

With the sunset of the Federal high cap ban in 2004, all of those "post-ban" marked mags became legal for civilians in free states to buy, and Californians can even use their bodies for rebuilds.... But there's still the issue that there is no way that an HS2000 high cap could have been legally obtained by a civilian prior to the California ban.

No... if you get caught in California with ANY assembled XD high caps, you're going to have to rely on the Statute of Limitations to clear you.

Cokebottle
11-03-2010, 7:36 PM

Exactamundo.

My buddy has a son that is turning 15 this month.

He owns several 10/22 30 rounders.

Cokebottle
11-03-2010, 7:38 PM
The ban was not placed upon us by surprise.
We had plenty of warning.

A LOT of high caps were given to children Christmas 1999.

QuarterBoreGunner
11-03-2010, 7:48 PM
back in old ebay days,you could buy ar15 uppers,high cap magazines,drum mags etc.

emphasis mine.

Damn I sold probably a dozen or so Colt, Bushmaster and Armalite upper via eBay back in the mid-90's.

I had *totally* forgotten about that.

c good
11-03-2010, 8:47 PM
Um, not so much.

OOOpps! :D Brain Fart. Was thinking Ruger. S&W didn't register. Going to bed now. :D:D c good

Lone_Gunman
11-03-2010, 8:53 PM
Jeebus. This thread makes me glad I'm old.

QuarterBoreGunner
11-03-2010, 9:13 PM
Jeebus. This thread makes me glad I'm old.

You and me both.

Someday I'll find a De Lisle 'Destroyer' carbine and finally have a use for all these magazines.

Matt3989
11-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I have a bunch of pre ban mags, one of which is still brand new sealed in its factory bag. I am 21. It's not illegal to own per california law

DNA
11-04-2010, 2:25 AM
Except the HS2000 was not imported until late 1999.

But it would not have mattered if the first HS2000 was imported in 1994 or 2005....
....Keep in mind the Federal high-cap ban.

Now, the Fed ban did not prohibit individuals from buying and selling, but it did prohibit the manufacture of NEW high caps for non-LEO/non-Military use.
That is the root of the term "preban", as all post-ban high caps (between 1994 and 2004) were marked as being for LE/Military use only.

So while you could have legally purchased a box of (Federally) pre-ban high caps on December 31, 1999, you could not have legally purchased a high cap magazine for an HS2000.

With the sunset of the Federal high cap ban in 2004, all of those "post-ban" marked mags became legal for civilians in free states to buy, and Californians can even use their bodies for rebuilds.... But there's still the issue that there is no way that an HS2000 high cap could have been legally obtained by a civilian prior to the California ban.

No... if you get caught in California with ANY assembled XD high caps, you're going to have to rely on the Statute of Limitations to clear you.

Thank you, my point exactly.

Quite honestly one would be better off claiming ex LEO status or something... :P At least then you weren't a prohibited person when they were acquired...

Dan

DNA
11-04-2010, 2:27 AM
Before the Springfield Armory took the XD9 under it's name it was previously imported and called the HS2000. The S&W 15/22 accepts the 10/22 magazines. You might find some of those 10+ round mags floating around legitimately.

Err... the 15/22 has proprietary mags... and the 10/22 utilizes rotary box mags, not to mention your preban 10/22 "SW 15/22" mags still have to function in the 10/22 it was designed for... otherwise you'd be building hi caps...

Dan

Bongos
11-04-2010, 7:36 AM
Exactamundo.

My buddy has a son that is turning 15 this month.

He owns several 10/22 30 rounders.

That's a different story though, 22lr mags I can understand as kids can start shooting around age 6 depending on maturity level and stocking up 22lr mags can be part of a reasonable process to stock up, but the anticipation of stocking up mags which are designed for AW is a whole different kind of worms and thought process. Your child might like shooting but not necessary when they are older...

Mags for guns like the PS90 has no credibility to them as they were not avail before ban yet people can sell them as rebuilds ;)

17+1
11-04-2010, 8:27 AM
So what do you say to the AR, AK, and Glock mags my dad gave me when I was ten? They can't possibly exist? or I wasn't given them because my dad knew they could be useful after 2000? Tempting fate? Really? So by using my legally owned property at the range I'm tempting fate?

You can live your life in fear, but don't tell me my story is bull**** unless you were there to witness it not happening.

It could have happened for some (like yourself) but I highly doubt all these people coming out of the woodwork are being truthful.

I am in the same position as the state, I cannot prove you didn't have them.

Also, you're darn right I am fearful, look around at our government and our society. If you're not scared you're not paying attention.

We all need to stay out of jail and lay low, we are going to be needing riflemen soon.

Merc1138
11-04-2010, 8:35 AM
That's a different story though, 22lr mags I can understand as kids can start shooting around age 6 depending on maturity level and stocking up 22lr mags can be part of a reasonable process to stock up, but the anticipation of stocking up mags which are designed for AW is a whole different kind of worms and thought process. Your child might like shooting but not necessary when they are older...

Mags for guns like the PS90 has no credibility to them as they were not avail before ban yet people can sell them as rebuilds ;)

Design for AW? Oh, you must be using that pointless term "assault weapon" which doesn't actually define anything beyond a handful of features and a few named models. Unless you mean to say all ARs are "AWs", which is wrong.

And yes, people do use p90 magazine rebuild kits so they can make 10 rounders, as I don't recall any factory 10 round p90 mags being available.

Your assumptions are as bad or worse than you think.

AJAX22
11-04-2010, 8:45 AM
Just because you were able to purchase a vehicle before you were 18 in ca doesn't mean it was/is legal to do so.

Under California law, a minor (a person under the age of 18) lacks legal capacity to enter into a contract. If such a minor enters a contract, the contract is voidable by the minor. Also Section 15500 of the California Vehicle Code provides: "It is unlawful for any minor who does not possess a valid driver's license issued under this code to order, purchase or lease, attempt to purchase or lease, contract to purchase or lease, accept, or otherwise obtain, any vehicle of a type subject to registration."

Merc1138
11-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Just because you were able to purchase a vehicle before you were 18 in ca doesn't mean it was/is legal to do so.

Under California law, a minor (a person under the age of 18) lacks legal capacity to enter into a contract. If such a minor enters a contract, the contract is voidable by the minor. Also Section 15500 of the California Vehicle Code provides: "It is unlawful for any minor who does not possess a valid driver's license issued under this code to order, purchase or lease, attempt to purchase or lease, contract to purchase or lease, accept, or otherwise obtain, any vehicle of a type subject to registration."

Depends on when that particular portion of the law went into effect, and how old the person is that we're talking about(and whether or not they were even in california).

Regardless, it doesn't have anything to do with buying magazines, which is perfectly legal for a kid to have done, and own the magazines.

SarcoBlaster
11-04-2010, 11:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/SarcoBlaster/Hatersgonnahate.gif

anto
11-04-2010, 1:00 PM

Not true.

hefedehefe
11-04-2010, 1:01 PM
what do you do then? I'm happy with my 10 rounds :)

Cokebottle
11-04-2010, 6:57 PM

Actually, at age 6, he was already shooting dad's GP100 and Double Eagle... and I dare say, more accurate than dad!
The 10/22 was HIS first gun... not the first one he ever fired.

Cokebottle
11-04-2010, 7:00 PM
Your statement is self-contradictory.

The part I put in bold infers that a minor who DOES possess a valid driver's license may legally "order, purchase or lease, attempt to purchase or lease, contract to purchase or lease, accept, or otherwise obtain, any vehicle of a type subject to registration."

Bongos
11-04-2010, 7:28 PM
And yes, people do use p90 magazine rebuild kits so they can make 10 rounders, as I don't recall any factory 10 round p90 mags being available.

Your assumptions are as bad or worse than you think.

My point is, why would you want a rebuild kit if the original gun or magazine did not exist before the law went in effect. You say you want a re-build kit to make 10 rounders for the gun. But in fact you are not rebuilding anything, you are just manufacturing a 10rd magazine so that you can use.

I'm not assuming anything, there are many fibbers, saying rediculious stories to justified their ownership, it's BS and they know it, granted a very few might possibly did get mags (though most 6 to 10 years olds want transformers, Nintendo DS, PS3... )

Like many have said before, the law has a lot of grey areas and they have to prove it, not you...

Cokebottle
11-04-2010, 8:01 PM
My point is, why would you want a rebuild kit if the original gun or magazine did not exist before the law went in effect. You say you want a re-build kit to make 10 rounders for the gun. But in fact you are not rebuilding anything, you are just manufacturing a 10rd magazine so that you can use.
I have two 16rd XD9 rebuild kits.
I have 6 AR15 30rd rebuild kits.

They are for assembly and use outside of California, and disassembled before being brought back in.

I used to have 12 AR15 rebuild kits, but I assembled 6 of them......

....after drilling and pinning them to limit their capacity to 10rds.

The same can hold true for many handgun magazines. Springfield does not make 10rd magazines for the XDm pistols, but one can import a rebuild kit and epoxy a couple of steel plates to the inside of the body to block the follower at 10rds.

akjunkie
11-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I have two 16rd XD9 rebuild kits.
I have 6 AR15 30rd rebuild kits.

They are for assembly and use outside of California, and disassembled before being brought back in.

I used to have 12 AR15 rebuild kits, but I assembled 6 of them......

....after drilling and pinning them to limit their capacity to 10rds.

The same can hold true for many handgun magazines. Springfield does not make 10rd magazines for the XDm pistols, but one can import a rebuild kit and epoxy a couple of steel plates to the inside of the body to block the follower at 10rds.

BINGO BINGO BINGO. That's it. Buy now, and leave DISassembled til U leave for State.

lorax3
11-04-2010, 10:12 PM

Minors can buy and sell things like anyone else. However many contracts with minors are voidable BY THE MINOR.

That basically means the minor can back out of the deal, without legal consequence. Doing the same action as an adult would put you on the wrong end of a breach of contract lawsuit.

For example, let us say that I am 10 years old and offer you $100 for your stereo. We agree, all the elements of a contract are met. Offer, acceptance, consideration. I the 10 year old return later that day and want my money back. Turns out I needed that money for a new skateboard. You deny me my money, I sue you civilly. I win because I was a minor the contract is voidable by me.

CA Family Code 6700
Except as provided in Section 6701, a minor may make a
contract in the same manner as an adult, subject to the power of
disaffirmance under Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 6710), and
subject to Part 1 (commencing with Section 300) of Division 3
(validity of marriage).

6701. A minor cannot do any of the following:
(a) Give a delegation of power.
(b) Make a contract relating to real property or any interest
therein.
(c) Make a contract relating to any personal property not in the
immediate possession or control of the minor.

Real property above means things like real estate and land.

CA Family Code 6710
Except as otherwise provided by statute, a contract of a
minor may be disaffirmed by the minor before majority or within a
reasonable time afterwards or, in case of the minor's death within
that period, by the minor's heirs or personal representative

Side note for those who are interested in contracts. Contracts for goods over $500 or services lasting more than 1 year are also voidable in court unless they are in writing. Get it in writing, or you may be out-of-luck trying to recover in court. Known as the statues of frauds.

thedrse
11-04-2010, 10:13 PM
It doesn't. You owned it, it broke, you fixed it. The other parts broke, you fixed it again. Even if the entire mag has been rebuilt, it is still based on the origional mag you owned in the first place. With enough use, every part will eventually go bad/be damaged, and need to be replaced, including the body.

It's still the same mag.

glockwise2000
11-04-2010, 10:19 PM

:rofl2:

santamonica9
11-04-2010, 11:49 PM
did you see this Calguner add?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=99311

screw the FUD & those idiots -> good luck & god bless USA

Peter.Steele
11-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Here's another question I just thought of.

My wife was born and raised in California. She owns high capacity magazines legally.

Since California is a community property state, does that mean that any high capacity magazines that she owns are just as much legally my property as well?

PyroFox79
11-05-2010, 2:26 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/SarcoBlaster/Hatersgonnahate.gif

this

luckystrike
11-05-2010, 9:07 AM
Here's another question I just thought of.

My wife was born and raised in California. She owns high capacity magazines legally.

Since California is a community property state, does that mean that any high capacity magazines that she owns are just as much legally my property as well?

negative, they are hers.

stormy_clothing
11-05-2010, 1:35 PM
To the op - look bs guy there is no way you owned a bunch of high caps when you were 10 - it makes for a cute post but I'll just say liar makes it easier than saying maybe yeah um ok it's possible.

There is no reason for you to have since you can't own a rifle at that age and barring proof of purchase your story is again BS and your just filling up another worthless thread on a mature gun oriented site.

Anyone with there head screwed on straight is going to say the same thing in real life whether it's a gun store owner, police officer or the prosecuting DA and finally the judge. That's the end result when you break the law and get caught not what you say here.

Having said all of that it's up to you to proceed knowing what could happen - any gun show will have single mag parts for sale and many gun shops for actually rebuilding a mag. For buying enough parts to essentially replace it all together you either better be law enforcement in CA or buy them online.

I have a few and mine came from a glock that was purchased before the ban, a couple people I knew that had guns given to them by there folks or loaned but werent old enough to register them actually bought the magazines as they weren't restricted just before the ban and kept the receipt.

ze12o
11-05-2010, 2:02 PM
C'mon guys let's not get heated.
My mother gave birth to me at 18.5 ounces in 1987. .02oz of that 15oz was the high cap magazines. :)
Jk

Merc1138
11-05-2010, 2:10 PM
To the op - look bs guy there is no way you owned a bunch of high caps when you were 10 - it makes for a cute post but I'll just say liar makes it easier than saying maybe yeah um ok it's possible.

There is no reason for you to have since you can't own a rifle at that age and barring proof of purchase your story is again BS and your just filling up another worthless thread on a mature gun oriented site.

Anyone with there head screwed on straight is going to say the same thing in real life whether it's a gun store owner, police officer or the prosecuting DA and finally the judge. That's the end result when you break the law and get caught not what you say here.

Having said all of that it's up to you to proceed knowing what could happen - any gun show will have single mag parts for sale and many gun shops for actually rebuilding a mag. For buying enough parts to essentially replace it all together you either better be law enforcement in CA or buy them online.

I have a few and mine came from a glock that was purchased before the ban, a couple people I knew that had guns given to them by there folks or loaned but werent old enough to register them actually bought the magazines as they weren't restricted just before the ban and kept the receipt.

Why are you so adamant that children and their parents couldn't have been aware of the ban and simply made the purchases in advance?

With your poor reasoning, it's impossible for anyone to have paid for college with a fund started when they were a child, because they couldn't have possibly opened the account themselves :rolleyes:

Phireglass
11-05-2010, 4:17 PM

You obviously didn't read the whole post as the magazines i purchased were throw aways, broken beyond repair except for a couple its not like they were new in box or anything. And i dont give a crap about your opinion if you think im lying. It sucks for you cause its true if you gonna hate then hate this is a internet forum not a argument with your girlfriend take your bs somewhere else.

orangeglo
11-05-2010, 4:37 PM

I bought a motorcycle when I was a kid no problems. Title in my name and everything. I didn't even have a license to drive it.

akjunkie
11-05-2010, 5:28 PM
You obviously didn't read the whole post as the magazines i purchased were throw aways, broken beyond repair except for a couple its not like they were new in box or anything. And i dont give a crap about your opinion if you think im lying. It sucks for you cause its true if you gonna hate then hate this is a internet forum not a argument with your girlfriend take your bs somewhere else.

Not to bust your chops kid. But i went ahead and Re-read your post and your original post doesnt stay anything about buying BROKEN mags.

Just says U bought "a bunch of mags" when U were 5, etc.

Well, if anyone ask your dad was/is a Millionaire and bought U $35+ Fully functional mags for you to toss around when U were 5 yrs old.

Enjoy what U got and use common sense.

Merc1138
11-05-2010, 5:30 PM
Not to bust your chops kid. But i went ahead and Re-read your post and your original post doesnt stay anything about buying BROKEN mags.

Just says U bought "a bunch of mags" when U were 5, etc.

Well, if anyone ask your dad was/is a Millionaire and bought U $35+ Fully functional mags for you to toss around when U were 5 yrs old.

Enjoy what U got and use common sense.

Is there some reason he needed to specify they were broken? Are you also going to complain because he didn't specify the color, how many scratches, whether they were 20's or 30's?

akjunkie
11-05-2010, 5:38 PM
Is there some reason he needed to specify they were broken? Are you also going to complain because he didn't specify the color, how many scratches, whether they were 20's or 30's?

No, but he claimed he did. Which he didnt and i pointed that fact out.

And i wasnt complaining, just making an observation.

Phireglass
11-05-2010, 5:39 PM
The ones i got were mostly broken, there were a few working ones for a m14 and they were all beaten to hell, they were dirt cheap at a old surplus store and i got em for the lil kid cool factor its not like they were new in box they were basically trash

Look again akjunkie

akjunkie
11-05-2010, 5:44 PM
Ah, i finally see it. I thought U were referring to your original post ( #1).

Anyways, good luck with your Rebuilds.

luckystrike
11-05-2010, 7:02 PM
there is no way you owned a bunch of high caps when you were 10 - it makes for a cute post but I'll just say liar

theres no way someone had hi caps under the age? alright.

a couple people I knew that had guns given to them by there folks or loaned but werent old enough to register them actually bought the magazines as they weren't restricted just before the ban and kept the receipt.

wait your friends had them before they were of age? you just said there was "no way"......:rolleyes:

Sniper3142
11-05-2010, 7:08 PM

Proof isn't needed. The burden of proof lies with the State.

:D

Lifes Tough
Its tougher if you're stupid.

socal425
11-05-2010, 7:21 PM
...but besides those two cases, nothing else can prove or disprove you had the magazines before or after the ban. hence why this hi-cap law is really ridiculous.

++1

Mssr. Eleganté
11-05-2010, 9:35 PM
..There is no reason for you to have since you can't own a rifle at that age...

Please stop spreading this BS. Please!!! If you don't know the law just keep quiet.

Jwind
11-05-2010, 9:59 PM
I have a similar question about hi cap mags if you guys don't mind answering?

My dad is about to transfer his Beretta to me. He bought this back in 1987 along with a few 10+rd mags. So in order for me to use this Beretta, I'll have to buy 10rd mags if I were to use it myself right?

Reductio
11-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Proof isn't needed. The burden of proof lies with the State.

:D

Lifes Tough
Its tougher if you're stupid.

:rockon:

This isn't rocket science guys, come on.

Mssr. Eleganté
11-06-2010, 12:39 AM
I have a similar question about hi cap mags if you guys don't mind answering?

My dad is about to transfer his Beretta to me. He bought this back in 1987 along with a few 10+rd mags. So in order for me to use this Beretta, I'll have to buy 10rd mags if I were to use it myself right?

He can no longer transfer large capacity magazines to you. If you already own 10+ round mags for that gun then you are free to use them in it. If you don't own any 10+ round mags for that gun then you will need to buy 10 rounders.

iBkickinit
11-06-2010, 8:39 AM
SOOOOOO much bad information and bickering going on here... Can you say you owned them at 10? Of course you can. Not Illegal. There are several legal methods of acquiring hi-cap mags. Some have been mentioned here.

Bought them more than 3 years ago? Statute of Limitations has expired.

Owned them before the ban? Great!

Given to you by another person while inside the state(read: you didn't import them)? All good, its only illegal to give or sell, not to buy or receive. Your aunt/uncle/nephew/stranger could have given them to you and there is no burden on you to prove where they came from. YOU didn.t break a law. I have noticed many tend to come from a recently deceased relative...

Let them guess, there is absolutely no reason to explain yourself to anyone, including law enforcement. If LEO can find a mythical "hi-cap mag possession law", let him charge you. Thankfully, no such law exists. When laws are written in such a roundabout matter, it can be assumed the intention of the law was not to eliminate them, else they would have made possession illegal!

</rant>

hefedehefe
11-06-2010, 10:13 AM
So possession is legal and it is ok to buy high cap XD mags?

vintagearms
11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
What's up everyone, I was at Battlefield Adventures today in Ventura and and I asked them if they had rebuild kits, they said they didn't because of the chance that people wouldn't rebuild and just circumvent the law, ok whatever. .... oh he said hes a CG member too.

Let me say this ...yes, they would be legal to purchase and rebuild as kits. AND, Battlefield adventures are full of idiots who havent gotten a ****ing clue. They are not a friend of the 2nd Ammendment nor a friend of CA gun owners. They will only sell handguns to sworn LEO.

Reductio
11-06-2010, 11:12 AM
So possession is legal and it is ok to buy high cap XD mags?

Possession is legal, but you're going to have a heck of a time explaining how you have hi-caps for gun which is post-ban. Nobody's going to sell you a high-cap mag in California, so you pretty much either had to break the law by importing it, or break it by assembling the magazines in state. Either way, you shouldn't have been able to get your hands on them, leave it alone.

Let me say this ...yes, they would be legal to purchase and rebuild as kits. AND, Battlefield adventures are full of idiots who havent gotten a ****ing clue. They are not a friend of the 2nd Ammendment nor a friend of CA gun owners. They will only sell handguns to sworn LEO.

Wait, what? If you mean it's legal to purchase kits and rebuild magazines you already had, THAT is legal. If you mean it's legal to purchase the rebuild kits and create "new" magazines, that's not.

pepsi2451
11-06-2010, 11:20 AM

There is no reason he couldn't have owned them

Since when do you have to be a certain age to own a rifle? Even if that were true, that doesn't mean he didn't buy a high cap for use with his fathers rifle.

Luckily they have to provide proof and if the OP is telling the truth they won't be able to do that.

Why would you need to buy them online? Its legal to replace every part on the magazine. Lots of people buy full rebuild kits to make 10 rounders out of or for use out of state.

So your friends can buy them before the ban but everyone else is lying?

For 2 years and 2000 posts there sure is a lot of FUD here. The high cap mag topic only comes up every other day.

Age really doesn't mean anything as long as they were alive before the date. If they somehow passed a law restricting us to 5 rounds and I had a 1 month old baby, I would buy my kid as many high caps as I could afford before the ban took effect.

CSACANNONEER
11-06-2010, 11:34 AM
theres no way someone had hi caps under the age? alright.

wait your friends had them before they were of age? you just said there was "no way"......:rolleyes:

Obviously strormy_clothing doesn't realize that there is not now nor, has there ever been an age restriction on owning magazines. He is trying to make laws up to help justify his illogical arguements.

This is one of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen on this forum. But, hell, we all know that every "gun store owner, police officer or the prosecuting DA and finally the judge" knows every gun related law, right? Sorry, I've worked in LE, worked at a gunstore and even have a couple attorneys (one used to be a DA) and a LA Superior Court Judge) who routinely come to me with questions related to firearms in Ca. I can tell you, for a fact, that most of the professionals in the fields you suggested do not know sqaut about California and/or Federal laws. Many of them just believe what they see on TV and in movies.

Again, I know many people, under the agae of 18 on 1-1-2000, who legally owned +10 round mags then. I owned some when I was under 18 too. But, for me, it's not an issue since, I was well over 18 in 2000. As far as keeping reciepts goes, there is ZERO reason to have to prove your innocents. A prosecuter would have to prove that you did not own them prior to 1-1-2000.

BTW, did you know that it is perfectly legal for someone under 18 to OWN a long gun? Just pointing out another problem with your arguement and your obvious lack of real knowledge when it comes to firearms laws.

mif_slim
11-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I was born in 200o, I own 60 hi-cap mags, but I was concieved in the womb in dec 1999. ;) I was alive!!!

Cokebottle
11-06-2010, 1:18 PM
A prosecuter would have to prove that you did not own them prior to 1-1-2000 11/5/2007.
Fixed it for you ;)

luckystrike
11-06-2010, 1:34 PM
Obviously strormy_clothing doesn't realize that there is not now nor, has there ever been an age restriction on owning magazines. He is trying to make laws up to help justify his illogical arguements.

This is one of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen on this forum. But, hell, we all know that every "gun store owner, police officer or the prosecuting DA and finally the judge" knows every gun related law, right? Sorry, I've worked in LE, worked at a gunstore and even have a couple attorneys (one used to be a DA) and a LA Superior Court Judge) who routinely come to me with questions related to firearms in Ca. I can tell you, for a fact, that most of the professionals in the fields you suggested do not know sqaut about California and/or Federal laws. Many of them just believe what they see on TV and in movies.

Again, I know many people, under the agae of 18 on 1-1-2000, who legally owned +10 round mags then. I owned some when I was under 18 too. But, for me, it's not an issue since, I was well over 18 in 2000. As far as keeping reciepts goes, there is ZERO reason to have to prove your innocents. A prosecuter would have to prove that you did not own them prior to 1-1-2000.

BTW, did you know that it is perfectly legal for someone under 18 to OWN a long gun? Just pointing out another problem with your arguement and your obvious lack of real knowledge when it comes to firearms laws.

theres some people you could not convince there was a fire even if their hair was on fire.

Flogger23m
11-06-2010, 1:54 PM
Given to you by another person while inside the state(read: you didn't import them)? All good, its only illegal to give or sell, not to buy or receive. Your aunt/uncle/nephew/stranger could have given them to you and there is no burden on you to prove where they came from. YOU didn.t break a law. I have noticed many tend to come from a recently deceased relative...

This happened to me. I was supposed to get a 10/30 AK mag, but I ended up getting a 30 round mag. I disassembled it and fixed it as a 10/30.

I have since sold the mag and the rifle.

So legally can I now buy one 30 round 7.62x39 AK rebuild kit and rebuild it into 10+ round AK magazine?

Or am I out of luck since I fixed it to a 10 round mag and sold it?

luckystrike
11-06-2010, 2:30 PM
This happened to me. I was supposed to get a 10/30 AK mag, but I ended up getting a 30 round mag. I disassembled it and fixed it as a 10/30.

So legally can I now buy one 30 round 7.62x39 AK rebuild kit and rebuild it into 10+ round AK magazine?

hm im not 100% sure but it sounds like you legally came across a 30 round mag. you didnt import it.
you can buy as many rebuild kits as you can afford. kinda like a rebuild kit for the rebuild kit or just for use when you go out of state.

Cokebottle
11-06-2010, 3:46 PM

hm im not 100% sure but it sounds like you legally came across a 30 round mag. you didnt import it.
you can buy as many rebuild kits as you can afford. kinda like a rebuild kit for the rebuild kit or just for use when you go out of state.
General comments from "the right people" indicate that, regardless of intent, the magazine was illegally imported (the crime did not go away when the magazine was disassembled).

Especially since you are no longer in possession of the high-cap, you can not today purchase a rebuild kit and make another 11+.

luckystrike
11-06-2010, 4:01 PM
General comments from "the right people" indicate that, regardless of intent, the magazine was illegally imported (the crime did not go away when the magazine was disassembled).

Especially since you are no longer in possession of the high-cap, you can not today purchase a rebuild kit and make another 11+.

hmm, he did not say specifically if he ordered it, but if and when a 11+ was sent, its the manufacturer (or whoever sent it) that imported it into the state. I vaguely remember this coming up in the past, dont recall the conclusion.

Cokebottle
11-06-2010, 4:44 PM
hmm, he did not say specifically if he ordered it, but if and when a 11+ was sent, its the manufacturer (or whoever sent it) that imported it into the state. I vaguely remember this coming up in the past, dont recall the conclusion.
The "importer" is on the receiving side... be it the customer who ordered the magazine online, or an FFL who received it in a shipment (and in that case, the customer did not import).
The shipper is an "exporter".

X-NewYawker
11-06-2010, 5:16 PM
I SO feel the OP's pain. My mother is a real live Carnival, I guess, some call her a palm reader, but she prefers "psychical advisor." well, back in 1990 she advised my dad to stock up on all high capacity magazines -- even though they had no children, they knew someday they would...

Okay, don't like that one?

I can't believe my luck. I'm a Junior at a large Los angeles area college and an avid shooter. Last week I was crossing the 7/11 parking lot -- the one of little Tujunga by Angeles Forest Range -- and I kicked a paper bag that make a clank -- and I opened it and found 20 aluminum 30 round Colt mags! I went into the store and asked if anyone lost them...

THIS is why I like Calguns. for the funny threads.
I used to write those "penthouse letters"

pullnshoot25
11-06-2010, 5:24 PM
I have quite a few normal capacity magazines and I am a few months shy of 24. Nothing wrong with that.

bohoki
11-06-2010, 6:08 PM
should have said your dad was dead

and continue to say that about each guardian he claims

CSACANNONEER
11-06-2010, 6:26 PM
I used to write those "penthouse letters"

For some reason, I believe you.

Phireglass
11-06-2010, 6:45 PM

THAANK YOU!! Finally someone who understands those people are morons, you know about a year ago a guy in there told me that in order to buy a handgun in california you have to get a liscense from the manufacturer, i just gave him the stink eye and walked out

CSACANNONEER
11-06-2010, 6:54 PM
THAANK YOU!! Finally someone who understands those people are morons, you know about a year ago a guy in there told me that in order to buy a handgun in california you have to get a liscense from the manufacturer, i just gave him the stink eye and walked out

Well, if I manufacture my own homebuild and then later need to sell it, can I give you a license to purchase it? Would they do the PPT for us? I wonder if they would tell me that my leaglly built non-AW AK pistol was illegal instead of doing a PPT???? I really should go in there and stir things up a little. I haven't been to a decent gun store in Ventura since California Rifleman sold and then closed. I'm not saying that this shop is decent, it sounds more like a bunch of morons who want to play than run a bussiness.

Phireglass
11-06-2010, 7:26 PM
Uncle Paul's in Ventura is an awesome firearms retailer, Paul is a great guy and everyone who works there is VERY knowledgeable, they are all CalGuns members are are all ak/ar, bullet button educated and do fine work, I do all my business through them, As far as Battlefield, if you told them you manufactured your own they would flip out and go on a rant about their *** backwards views on the world, let me come with you and we can tell em a thing or two about how real californians' weapons :) the only reason i go there is they are the only Fenix flashlight dealers near Ventura so its nice to look at em before i buy online (id never give them my money) they've taken the gun store know it all attitude and taken it to a whole new level

akjunkie
11-06-2010, 7:27 PM
Hell man, its EZ.

Some people collect Stamps, some collect comic books, and some people collect UNassembled Rebuild Kits.

End of story, start buying/collecting as many UNassembled RB Kits you can afford.

Phireglass
11-06-2010, 7:29 PM
Hell man, its EZ.

Some people collect Stamps, some collect comic books, and some people collect UNassembled Rebuild Kits.

End of story, start buying/collecting as many UNassembled RB Kits you can afford.

If this was on facebook id "like" it hahahah

QuarterBoreGunner
11-06-2010, 8:45 PM
You guy's are killin' me here.

Flogger23m
11-06-2010, 10:12 PM

I figured that was the case. :( Oh well, I don't have an AK anymore anyways.

Phireglass
11-07-2010, 7:13 PM
Juust realized this is nearly 200 posts might as well BUMP

duc748bip
11-08-2010, 3:00 PM
I have seen teenager dropping by the store where I work back in the mid-90 and buy a few standard cap handgun mag. By the way we are not required to check ID for part purchases. Smart investment even for $80~$120 glock magazines.

i1800collect
11-08-2010, 3:04 PM
How did this thread make it to 5 pages/200+posts...

Burbur
11-15-2010, 1:44 AM
Fortunately, I was ordered (by and older and wiser local gun expert) to buy every hi-cap magazine I could get my hands on. I was 17.

I ran into him at today's gun show in Ventura; we stood and talked nearly an hour.

Uhhlexxxis
11-15-2010, 2:09 AM
How did this thread make it to 5 pages/200+posts...

because people need answers on how to circumvent the law for their "free build" magazine kits. I was at least 5 years old by the time I owned every hi cap magazine known to man. :rolleyes: