PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the coming month? (Election)

Dr.Mauser
10-31-2010, 6:37 PM
So with what I've been hearing, it sounds like the GOP is going to be sweeping all over the country, in this case, will this effect CA gun laws, and if so, anytime soon, I've heard that there are lawsuits that certain groups have been waiting to file for the right time, and if the Republicans take the House and Senate in California, and these lawsuits are filed, what does that mean for our Second Amendment rights here in CA? More guns, no more BBs, or moded rifles? Ideas? Brain Storm?

russ69
10-31-2010, 7:55 PM
I think there will be a return to center but sweeping change is not what I think is going to happen. Let's not count the chickens quite yet.

Thanx, Russ

OleCuss
10-31-2010, 8:06 PM
I'm with russ69. There will be significant change in much of the country - and the U.S. House of Representative will almost certainly switch majority parties.

Beyond that, you'll still have the same Oval Office occupant, quite possibly a Democrat-owned U.S. Senate, the same SCOTUS, etc.

Here in California I don't know of anyone who thinks the Republicans will take control of either the State Assembly or the State Senate. Sweeping political change is not going to hit this state on November 2.

CCWFacts
10-31-2010, 8:14 PM
So with what I've been hearing, it sounds like the GOP is going to be sweeping all over the country, in this case, will this effect CA gun laws, and if so, anytime soon

It will have some immediate beneficial effects in CA.

National CCW reciprocity will pass, probably as an amendment to a must-pass bill. This will not let Californians carry in California on a UT CCW, but it will let everyone else in the country carry in California. That will put us into the end-game.
Wisconsin will replace Doyle with Gov. Walker (R), who will pass CCW-reform in Wisconsin. This will help us by adding one more state to the shall-issue side, bolstering arguments here.
The NRA will not need to waste resources fighting against bad national bills like an AWB etc. It can focus on promoting good bills (CCW reciprocity) and maybe it can give some more attention to state-level issues, like us.

Dr.Mauser
11-01-2010, 2:24 PM
thats what I like to hear....kinda.

Paladin
11-01-2010, 11:30 PM
It will have some immediate beneficial effects in CA.

National CCW reciprocity will pass, probably as an amendment to a must-pass bill. This will not let Californians carry in California on a UT CCW, but it will let everyone else in the country carry in California. That will put us into the end-game.
Wisconsin will replace Doyle with Gov. Walker (R), who will pass CCW-reform in Wisconsin. This will help us by adding one more state to the shall-issue side, bolstering arguments here.
The NRA will not need to waste resources fighting against bad national bills like an AWB etc. It can focus on promoting good bills (CCW reciprocity) and maybe it can give some more attention to state-level issues, like us.
All valid and good points. But the real impact of WI going Shall Issue is not going from 40 to 41 Shall Issue or better states, but going from 2 to 1 No Issue states, with IL being the lone holdout.

And, yes, I only posted that so that I would have a reason to post the below map yet again. :79:
(Plus I just REALLY love discouraging the antis that lurk here. :D)

http://www.nraila.org/maps/rtc.jpg

Dr.Mauser
11-04-2010, 12:21 PM
at least we have a chance at a change to change.