PDA

View Full Version : One piece rail that still allows loading from above?

mrkurtz
10-31-2010, 3:23 PM
At Turners today I asked if there were any one piece rails that I can put on my Remington 700 that would still allow me to feed one round at a time from above like I do with a two piece system. I was told there was not and I'd have to open the magazine and feed from below. I always like to get a second opinion when I get an answer from Turners. What do you guys say( about the mount, not about Turners)? Thanks.

Nessal
10-31-2010, 3:29 PM
At Turners today I asked if there were any one piece rails that I can put on my Remington 700 that would still allow me to feed one round at a time from above like I do with a two piece system. I was told there was not and I'd have to open the magazine and feed from below. I always like to get a second opinion when I get an answer from Turners. What do you guys say( about the mount, not about Turners)? Thanks.

I call BS. I can load from the top with a one piece rail on a 700 short action no problems.

crz
10-31-2010, 3:34 PM
I also Have a one piece rail .Larue short action rail. I feed from top no problem.

sevensix2x51
10-31-2010, 3:45 PM
if you cant load from the top, then the rifle could not eject the spent case, methinks... ive never seen a mount that bars you from top loading a bolt gun...

Fjold
10-31-2010, 4:24 PM
Most, if not all one piece rails are cut or high enough over the action opening to single load.

Martan
10-31-2010, 5:07 PM
I have 20 MOA Nightforce on my SPS Tactical and while I can load from the top, I think it would be a little easier if it was 2 piece base.
But, yes, you can load from the top, if your fingers are not as thick as polish sausage...