PDA

View Full Version : SKS bayonet question

Serbian
10-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Is it possible to re-attach it with the lugs shaved off?

paul0660
10-30-2010, 10:32 PM
yes depending on the model the bayo lug is integrated with the front sight or separate, and they can be put off and on driving out a small pin or two and pressing off the assembly. They are hard to find, however.

Mssr. Eleganté
10-31-2010, 3:15 AM
Typically the lugs were only shaved off on Chinese SKS rifles imported into the U.S. after 1989. If you have such a rifle then technically you would need to play the 922(r) game before you could add a bayonet or bayonet lug.

Serbian
10-31-2010, 7:19 PM
Its a Yugo (just like me). The guy who sold it to me shaved it off.

paul0660
10-31-2010, 7:39 PM
Try these guys: http://www.thedealershowroom.com/page/page/1222170.htm

funky website but very friendly, knowledgable, fast, and cheap. Used to be in Sac, moved to Oregon.

Mssr. Eleganté
11-01-2010, 1:39 PM
Its a Yugo (just like me).

Is it an M59 or an M59/66? With the M59 the bayonet lug is a separate piece from the front sight assembly and with the M59/66 they are both on the same assembly, like paul0660 was saying.

Haggar85
11-01-2010, 1:50 PM
there are new sights assemblies available from time to time. it would be possible to have a smith take off the ground one and put a new one on, then you'd have to re zero it.
serbian dont take this the wrong way please but were you in the JNA?

Serbian
11-01-2010, 6:22 PM
It is a M59. And Haggar, no I am too young. I was born during the downfall of my former country, but i wish I was. My Dad, all my Uncles, all my Grandfathers, some older Cousins were, but not at the time of the Civil War. Maybe one or two of my Godbrothers and/or Cousins were but IDK.

Haggar85
11-01-2010, 7:54 PM
my stepfather who raised me was from Yugoslavian, Slovenia to be specific.he was stationed in Serbia and near albania from 81-83. he was a Desetar and commanded a battery for m9k11 majutka or polk rockets.his rifle was the m59/66 then later the m70.
even though i am not his son, he sure as hell treated me like his own and he gave me the old country up brining. i make wonderful chivachichi's and some other stuff i cant pronounce along with shine boots. i also drink slivowitz and araki (spelling?) with him.
i hope all your realitives made it through the late unpleasant stuff ok.
dobro vece

Serbian
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
my stepfather who raised me was from Yugoslavian, Slovenia to be specific.he was stationed in Serbia and near albania from 81-83. he was a Desetar and commanded a battery for m9k11 majutka or polk rockets.his rifle was the m59/66 then later the m70.
even though i am not his son, he sure as hell treated me like his own and he gave me the old country up brining. i make wonderful chivachichi's and some other stuff i cant pronounce along with shine boots. i also drink slivowitz and araki (spelling?) with him.
i hope all your realitives made it through the late unpleasant stuff ok.
dobro vece
HAHA! Im not the only one on this forum!! I think you mean Ćevapčići (Ћевапчићи) and Šljivovica (Шљивовица) and Rakija (ракија)
And yes all mine made it through, thank you. If you ever find your self in San Diego we shall whip up some Ćevapčići and drink 'till fat girls are beautiful!

Edit: my father was also a Corporal in the JNA just like your Stepdad. And my Grandfather (his father) was a Colonel.

Nikola
12-23-2010, 2:13 AM
You guys aren't the only two, either. I'm moving to San Diego in a few months.

FS00008
12-23-2010, 10:04 AM
HAHA! Im not the only one on this forum!! I think you mean Ćevapčići (Ћевапчићи) and Šljivovica (Шљивовица) and Rakija (ракија)
And yes all mine made it through, thank you. If you ever find your self in San Diego we shall whip up some Ćevapčići and drink 'till fat girls are beautiful!

Edit: my father was also a Corporal in the JNA just like your Stepdad. And my Grandfather (his father) was a Colonel.

Careful with that Rakija, that stuff is potent. I prefer my Samogon (homemade vodka - http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BD) to homemade Rakija, my old roommate was from Belgrade and the stuff he whipped up was potent as all get out. He also made some really great food.

rp55
12-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Check out Buymilsurp.com (http://www.buymilsurp.com/sks-original-rifle-parts-sks-parts-all-other-c-6_8_19.html) for old military weapons parts. They have turned up stuff for me that no one else could.

rojocorsa
12-23-2010, 1:54 PM
Serbian, the PPU plant in your country has brought me much shooting joy.

From Yugo 8mm to 7.62x54R to the .303 I have; my stash all practically Yugo/Serbian.