PDA

View Full Version : SF Chron: Field poll says Kamala Harris/Steve Cooley AG race dead heat..

bwiese
10-30-2010, 1:29 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/30/MNMR1G434M.DTL

"Harris, who trailed Cooley by four points in the last Field Poll in
September, now is behind by one point, 38 to 39 percent. She
is also leading for the first time in voter-rich Los Angeles County."

hoffmang
10-30-2010, 1:58 PM
Got my NRA robocall today making sure I voted against Harris... Nice to hear them backing up the obvious.

-Gene

odysseus
10-30-2010, 2:06 PM
It's important that Cooley is in so Harris is out.

Please everyone, spread the word to family and friends.

CCWFacts
10-30-2010, 2:12 PM
I am disheartened that this is even a close race. Harris is so far out of the mainstream even here in California. There must be a lot of "I'll vote for any 'D'" people in this state. She is so bad... she's part of the extreme progressive wing of the SF political machine, which is so extreme that even in SF a lot of people hate her. She has gotten violent illegal immigrants back out onto the streets where they have murdered people. San Franciscans know this.

I want to tear my hear out when I hear she's even competitive for this.

I'm mostly a single-issue RKBA voter, but Harris loses from just about every possible angle. The only people who will win with Harris will be gang members and illegal aliens.

BroncoBob
10-30-2010, 2:16 PM
Harris is a POS. Don't let her win this one or we are toast

bwiese
10-30-2010, 2:18 PM
I am disheartened that this is even a close race. Harris is so far out of the mainstream even here in California. There must be a lot of "I'll vote for any 'D'" people in this state..

The problem is 'social context'.

There's so much news and people pay little attention to it - or are inundatd by it - that they're oversaturated or just don't have info. And then you have a pleasant-looking lady who sounds rational for the first minute of speech against a crusty-looking older guy who's been around for awhile. Add in the fact that Harris has a ton of money behind her, a friend in the White House food chain (Tony West) and ties to Hollywood and this is how it happens.

Paul S
10-30-2010, 2:24 PM
Please let this poll be wrong when the votes are finally counted.

Harris' directing of the S.F. District Attorney's office was an absolute train wreck. Beyond that...I'll bet she'd be front and center to any effort to repeal the 2nd amendment. The woman is a legal and constitutional disaster.

odysseus
10-30-2010, 2:24 PM
The problem is 'social context'.

There's so much news and people pay little attention to it - or are inundatd by it - that they're oversaturated or just don't have info. And then you have a pleasant-looking lady who sounds rational for the first minute of speech against a crusty-looking older guy who's been around for awhile. Add in the fact that Harris has a ton of money behind her, a friend in the White House food chain (Tony West) and ties to Hollywood and this is how it happens.

Polls show that women and hispanic voters are a huge bolster for Harris currently. As mentioned, most of them really don't know where Harris stands politically and even in "family values" that traditional hispanic voters would be actually against her on. Cooley's campaign to me has been pretty low end and they must be badly funded, in getting the message out.

Yeah - Harris has all the big guns behind her - Boxer, Pelosi, Clinton, Brown, and even Obama has given her a few cycles of help. Even that hasn't done enough for a lead, but Cooley seems to not have managed through that enough, IMO.

hawk1
10-30-2010, 2:34 PM
I call BS! We'll hear a lot of these polls between now and election day. My belief it's done to try and get the gullible and ignorant to think they are voting the wrong way as everyone else is in the poll is. Heck, everyone wants to be a the 'winning' team and thats what they want the stupid voters to think.

bwiese
10-30-2010, 3:58 PM
I call BS! We'll hear a lot of these polls between now and election day.

The Field poll is generally pretty reliable/respectable.

uyoga
10-30-2010, 4:56 PM
Remember that a vote for anybody but Cooley is a vote for Harris. Do the math.

thebronze
10-30-2010, 5:46 PM
As if anyone need ANOTHER reason to vote for Steve Cooley...

S.F. panel: Kamala Harris violated sunshine law (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/30/BAMR1G434J.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea)

San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris' office violated local sunshine laws by failing to release internal documents requested by the campaign of her GOP opponent in the race for attorney general, a local advisory task force determined this week.

San Francisco's Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, which advises the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on matters relating to the city's open-government laws, found Tuesday that Harris' office had violated open-government laws by failing to turn over public records requested by the campaign of Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley.

Task force chairman Richard Knee said the group will now direct Harris' office to fix the problem and, if it does not, may turn its findings over to the city's Ethics Commission.

The Cooley campaign filed a public records request with the San Francisco district attorney's office June 29, asking for a list of internal documents such as office budgets, workplace-related complaints filed against Harris, phone records, salary and per diem expenses, office calendars, security detail information and e-mail records from 1998 to present.

To date, the Cooley campaign has received only three things from the office: travel expenses, office budgets and a list of all office employees and their titles.

Cooley campaign spokesman Kevin Spillane called it outrageous that Harris' office has yet to release all the information the campaign requested. He threatened a lawsuit.

"Kamala Harris complies with open-government laws about as well as she has handled the San Francisco crime lab scandal," said Spillane, referring to the Police Department's lab scandal, which began last winter when it was alleged that a veteran technician had skimmed drug evidence.

The scandal led to revelations that Harris' office failed in its legal obligation to turn over to defense attorneys any information that could be used to attack the credibility of witnesses, including the disciplinary records of police officers. The breakdown put hundreds of felony convictions in jeopardy.

"The public has a right to know what she's trying to hide," Spillane said.

Erica Terry Derryck, a spokeswoman for the San Francisco district attorney's office, said the office has been complying with the request and had already handed over more than 100 pages of documents. She said the remaining documents have not been released because it is taking time to identify everything in the "voluminous" request.

Derryck said the office asked the task force for additional time but members denied the request, citing the fact that the election was so close.

The Harris campaign was busy Friday filing a complaint of its own: It seized on a Chronicle story that detailed how Cooley has failed to report thousands of dollars worth of gifts over the past seven years. Her campaign - which provided the documents to The Chronicle - filed a complaint late Thursday with the Fair Political Practices Commission asking the agency to levy fines against the Republican district attorney.

D.R.E.
10-30-2010, 5:50 PM
Vote for Cooley mailed in last week.

That poll is really disturbing.

Mute
10-30-2010, 6:58 PM
Let's hope that if this holds on election day, absentee ballots pushes Cooley over the top.