PDA

View Full Version : Burris scopes

mrkurtz
10-30-2010, 1:57 PM
I'm putting together a rifle I'd like to do some long range shooting with. I picked up a Remington SPS 308 Varmint and a used Bell and Carlson A-5 stock. I'm looking at scopes now, reading the recommendations on this forum and the Burris name doesn't come up often. They seem like pretty nice scopes, particularly their Black Diamond line. How come they're not more popular?

mrkurtz
10-30-2010, 5:41 PM
I put this in the wrong forum. Could a moderator move this to Optics for me?

tomd1584
10-30-2010, 6:25 PM
just leave it here, this section gets ALOT more traffic.

Jonathan Doe
10-30-2010, 6:42 PM
Burris is a decent scope. They make good lenses.

bigmike82
10-30-2010, 6:46 PM
Burris seems to make okay scopes.

But that's the problem. The scopes are merely okay, and they're at a price point where the competition is fierce. You've got more established names like Bushnell, Weaver, Leupold and so on in that same niche, and Burris hasn't really done anything to make a mark (that I'm aware of, anyway).

Alanski56
10-30-2010, 6:49 PM
I've has a Burris FullField II 3x9-40 on my Savage 10FP-HS Precision for a few years now and I love it! Never had any issues with it and I really like their range finding BallistiPlex retical. It really helps when I'm shooting at 250 ~ 300 yards.

supermario
10-30-2010, 10:19 PM
I had a Burris Eurodiamond that i sold, it was a super clear scope and I loved it but needed $$. My hunting buddies all use the Fullfield model and they say they are super rugged and durable. They have been taking them hunting every year for a long time now and they dont have any problems. And the use them in snow, rain, heat etc. Great scopes, especially for the price. Im looking to buy another for my Rem 700. They have the ballistic plex too. Works well.

qaz5109
10-30-2010, 10:52 PM
i have a 2-7 timberline that was dirt cheap mounted with a p.e.p.r and a fast fire 2 on top.i feel i got my moneys worth

huckberry668
10-30-2010, 11:13 PM
I've used so many cheap scopes over the last 20 years and only came up on Burris scopes a couple of years back. Burris scopes are WAY better than Bushnell, Simmon, old Tasco or other cheaper scopes on the market. It's the best choice for both price and performance for general purposes. Burris is solid and high quality. glass quality compares to my Leupold Mark 4s and I especially love the ballistic plex. It makes accurate shots out to 500 yards like child's play.

I've had so many problems with the cheaper ones it's not even funny. I regret spending so much $ on cheap hunting scopes rather than a few good ones like Burris, Leupold, or other higher end brands.

I stopped buying Bushnell, Simmon, Tasco over a decade ago. those scopes have problems tracking, return to zero. on outer end of the turret adjustment the spring tension seem too weak and you see retical jump even when drying firing.