PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have C&R FFL in the Peninsula

50 Freak
06-14-2006, 10:39 AM
That can order me a couple of SKSs. Which SKS's are C&R?

I will pay the cost/shipping and give you some extra to cover your time.

PM me.

whatever
06-14-2006, 11:29 AM

PM me.

Technically it's against the rules for a C&R holder to do this. It might even be against the law but not sure.

SVT_Fox
06-14-2006, 6:14 PM
The FFls are for "collecting", mine is pending

-hanko
06-14-2006, 6:22 PM

PM me.
You need a class 01 (retail) licensee.

-hanko

finfan
06-14-2006, 6:25 PM
Straw buy... no thank you!

50 Freak
06-14-2006, 6:39 PM
You need a class 01 (retail) licensee.

-hanko

Oh...Thought a class 03 (not that Class III) allows you to buy a C&R and that what you chose to do with it is up to you. And unless someone can point me out to written code where it specifically forbids it, you can chose to keep or sell the C&R.

Straw buy... no thank you!

Whatever dude....take the tin foil hat off.

Pthfndr
06-14-2006, 8:05 PM
And unless someone can point me out to written code where it specifically forbids it

(G3) Does a license as a collector of curio or relic firearms authorize the collector to engage in the business of dealing in curios or relics? [Back]

No. A dealer's license must be obtained to engage in the business of dealing in any firearms, including curios or relics.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

A holder of a C&R 03 FFL can dispose of firearms for many reasons. But aquiring them for the express reason of transferring it to another person is not permitted. The BATF would look on it as "doing business", not collecting.

Kestryll
06-14-2006, 8:09 PM
Oh...Thought a class 03 (not that Class III) allows you to buy a C&R and that what you chose to do with it is up to you. And unless someone can point me out to written code where it specifically forbids it, you can chose to keep or sell the C&R.
Whatever dude....take the tin foil hat off.

It's not a 'tin foil hat' moment, it's the law.

Yes you can buy a rifle with your C&R and then later sell it to a non FFL if you want to
What you can not do is buy a rifle with the sole intent to sell it to someone specific and right away.
What you are dealing with is the purpose and intent of the purchase.
If someone were to use thier 03FFL to buy a rifle specifically for you then it is a straw sale.

As for the written code, from the BATFE website:
Type 03 - COLLECTOR OF CURIOS AND RELICS.
(pertains exclusively to firearms classified as curios and relics, and it's purpose is to facilitate a personal collection. It is NOT a license to buy and sell curios and relics.
18 U.S.C 923(b)

50 Freak
06-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Fine, to ease the concern some of you guys have, let me rephrase my original request.

If any 03 FFL in the Pennisula orders a couple of SKSs for their own purposes and immediatley decides they don't want them, please PM me as I would be willing to buy them off of you for cost, shipping & a little extra.:D :D :D

Kestryll
06-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Fine, to ease the concern some of you guys have, let me rephrase my original request.

If any 03 FFL in the Pennisula orders a couple of SKSs for their own purposes and immediatley decides they don't want them, please PM me as I would be willing to buy them off of you for cost, shipping & a little extra.:D :D :D

Nice try but even with the 'rephrase' you're still asking for and encouraging someone else to engage in an illegal activity.

We do not condone or allow illegal activities nor the arangement of those activities. There are legal ramifications for the board and it owner.