PDA

View Full Version : COOLEY VS. HARRIS

MSO4MATT
10-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Just saw Cooley is up by only 1% in recent polling. This is a huge race for us. Please get the word out... Vote for Cooley! Gun owners in this state will have all sorts of problems if Harris becomes the AG.

thefinger
10-29-2010, 11:41 PM
+1 ... what he said ^^^

532Fastback
10-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Hes got my vote.

532Fastback
10-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Anyone got any info on the positions of these Justices that want office? Specifically their gun voting history or stance on guns?

FirstFlight
10-30-2010, 3:37 PM
Anyone got any info on the positions of these Justices that want office? Specifically their gun voting history or stance on guns?

I voted (Vote by Mail) NO for everyone of them. If they don't want to tell me where they stand on the issues, I don't want anything to do with them!

Rem222
10-30-2010, 4:04 PM
HARRIS ??? Please NO!!!

SonoftheRepublic
10-30-2010, 4:17 PM

Try this site: judgevoterguide.com

Best info I've been able to find on judges.

www.judgevoterguide.com

creekside
10-30-2010, 6:04 PM
Met Cooley. Was very impressed. +1 for voting for him over Kamala Harris, who never met a gun law she didn't like.

Can'thavenuthingood
10-30-2010, 6:19 PM

I went with the Central Valley TEA (http://forms.centralvalleyteaparty.com/pdf/CVTP_Judicial_Recommendations_Nov2010.pdf) party recommendations. They also reference the Voting Guide as well as the Lincoln Club.
http://forms.centralvalleyteaparty.com/pdf/CVTP_Judicial_Recommendations_Nov2010.pdf

Vick

thebronze
10-30-2010, 6:45 PM
As if anyone need ANOTHER reason to vote for Steve Cooley...

S.F. panel: Kamala Harris violated sunshine law (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/30/BAMR1G434J.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea)

San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris' office violated local sunshine laws by failing to release internal documents requested by the campaign of her GOP opponent in the race for attorney general, a local advisory task force determined this week.

San Francisco's Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, which advises the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on matters relating to the city's open-government laws, found Tuesday that Harris' office had violated open-government laws by failing to turn over public records requested by the campaign of Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley.

Task force chairman Richard Knee said the group will now direct Harris' office to fix the problem and, if it does not, may turn its findings over to the city's Ethics Commission.

The Cooley campaign filed a public records request with the San Francisco district attorney's office June 29, asking for a list of internal documents such as office budgets, workplace-related complaints filed against Harris, phone records, salary and per diem expenses, office calendars, security detail information and e-mail records from 1998 to present.

To date, the Cooley campaign has received only three things from the office: travel expenses, office budgets and a list of all office employees and their titles.

Cooley campaign spokesman Kevin Spillane called it outrageous that Harris' office has yet to release all the information the campaign requested. He threatened a lawsuit.

"Kamala Harris complies with open-government laws about as well as she has handled the San Francisco crime lab scandal," said Spillane, referring to the Police Department's lab scandal, which began last winter when it was alleged that a veteran technician had skimmed drug evidence.

The scandal led to revelations that Harris' office failed in its legal obligation to turn over to defense attorneys any information that could be used to attack the credibility of witnesses, including the disciplinary records of police officers. The breakdown put hundreds of felony convictions in jeopardy.

"The public has a right to know what she's trying to hide," Spillane said.

Erica Terry Derryck, a spokeswoman for the San Francisco district attorney's office, said the office has been complying with the request and had already handed over more than 100 pages of documents. She said the remaining documents have not been released because it is taking time to identify everything in the "voluminous" request.

Derryck said the office asked the task force for additional time but members denied the request, citing the fact that the election was so close.

The Harris campaign was busy Friday filing a complaint of its own: It seized on a Chronicle story that detailed how Cooley has failed to report thousands of dollars worth of gifts over the past seven years. Her campaign - which provided the documents to The Chronicle - filed a complaint late Thursday with the Fair Political Practices Commission asking the agency to levy fines against the Republican district attorney.

IWc
11-01-2010, 9:59 PM
Try this site: judgevoterguide.com

Best info I've been able to find on judges.

www.judgevoterguide.com

They (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=5218147&postcount=67) aren't up for our Second Amendment and they wanna you to votes NO for "others reason".

I did some deeper searching IWc after your comments, I think you're right.

I see no reason not to be enthusiastic about Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye, this piece is from the Sacramento Bee. She appears to be more of what I'd want in a Justice.
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/07/21/2903895/schwarzenegger-to-pick-cantil.html

This is sure a time consuming process.
But then so is watching reality TV and CSI.

Vick

Please also see #56 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=5202348&postcount=56) and #57 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=5202364&postcount=57).

glockwise2000
11-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Cooley all the way.

NightOwl
11-01-2010, 11:03 PM
I wasn't particularly impressed with Cooley. I find Tim Hannan to be a far better choice for the office. http://votefortimhannan.org/ if you're interested in looking him up.

Perhaps it's that Cooley supports requiring a license to own a gun, or that he supports waiting periods for any firearm purchases, but he rubs me the wrong way. He also makes it clear that he intends to put his gun control views into action, rather than just talking about it. Why any of you want that sort of person in the AG office is beyond me.

bwiese
11-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Tim hannan..

No chance of winning.

And we HAVE to block Kamala Harris at all costs.

Perhaps it's that Cooley supports requiring a license to own a gun, or that he supports waiting periods for any firearm purchases, but he rubs me the wrong way.

I don't think he's great either but I believe he will be more occupied with other stuff as AG. In addition, because he was LA DA, Chuck Michel's firm has interacted with him and knows the lay of the land.

NightOwl
11-01-2010, 11:26 PM
The fact that he's been dealt with before by attorneys doesn't strike me as a persuasive arguement. Nor does the hope that he won't act on his views, when he's previously ridiculed others for speaking out for gun control while not putting it into action.

I think he's going to act on his gun control viewpoint, it seems dear to him.

bigstick61
11-02-2010, 12:09 AM
The fact that he's been dealt with before by attorneys doesn't strike me as a persuasive arguement. Nor does the hope that he won't act on his views, when he's previously ridiculed others for speaking out for gun control while not putting it into action.

I think he's going to act on his gun control viewpoint, it seems dear to him.

Yeah, this has made me hesitant to check the box next to his name. That spot on my ballot still hasn't been marked. Right now it's down to him and Hannan.

CSDGuy
11-02-2010, 1:06 AM
No chance of winning.

And we HAVE to block Kamala Harris at all costs.

I don't think he's great either but I believe he will be more occupied with other stuff as AG. In addition, because he was LA DA, Chuck Michel's firm has interacted with him and knows the lay of the land.
Cooley probably has a VERY good idea about what's coming down the pike where firearms law is concerned, because he's had to deal with Chuck Michel's firm. Once you've been stung a few time by some pretty serious bees, you start thinking about what you need to do to avoid those bees in the future. In Cooley's case, that would mean keeping the firearms stuff as low-profile as possible where Harris would likely do whatever she can to ratchet up things... despite what it's going to cost her, initially.

Glock22Fan
11-02-2010, 8:27 AM
I can't imagine anyone being so ***** that they won't vote for the ONLY chance to stop Harris !!!!!!!!

Compared with her, Boxer is a far right wing conservative.

"Vote for Hannan, help Harris turn California into a complete criminal's paradise."

Cali-Shooter
11-02-2010, 8:51 AM
Cooley vs. Harris is no contest.
I'd rather go with Cooley with his increased likelihood to win than to go with a more 'ideal' 3rd candidate that has less of a chance of making it.

CalBear
11-02-2010, 9:31 AM
I voted 3rd party in the Governor's race, but I held my nose and voted Fiorina and Cooley in their respective races. Harris and Boxer are downright scary, and I'll do anything to keep them out of office (or remove them).

Blackhawk556
11-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Cooley!!!!!

JasonM
11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Talk about lesser evils, but I still voted for him. :cool:

J.D.Allen
11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Did you happen to see the quote from Harris where she basically said she would have DOJ walking into people's houses to "check" if their guns were "properly stored"? She MUST be stopped at all costs!

OleCuss
11-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm not going to vote for Cooley for the obvious reason. . . I already did!

Michel & Associates seem pretty comfortable with Cooley - and Kamala has to be defeated. That means Cooley is an obvious choice.