PDA

View Full Version : My $12 AR-15 trigger job

OliveDrab
10-29-2010, 6:27 PM
UPDATED: range report!

ive been lurking here a couple years now and have never seen any mention of this mod yet, so i figured id post it to share since ive seen a lot of trigger threads lately

LINKS:
http://www.junkyardgenius.com/firearms/ar-15/ar08.html
http://riflegear.com/p-717-jp-reduced-power-spring-kit.aspx

SUPPLIES:
-JP reduced power trigger springs
-permatex anti-seize (or equivalent)
- 1/4" - 28 x 3/8" set screw
-1/4" - 28 x 3/4" allen head screw (to replace grip screw)

so as per the thread what i did was:
-tap the remainder of the threads
- test fit and function set screw with trigger
-reassemble and function test.
-install shorter pistol grip screw
-polish by hand trigger surfaces
-apply very light coat of Anti-seize on trigger surfaces
-install jp trigger springs.

overall my trigger is amazing compared to before! it functions perfect.. i dropped my rifle several times to check for accidental fire but it never did.

**while installing the set screw, cycle the safety back and forth.. you will notice the safety will stop cycling. back the set screw out till the safety functions again. thats where i left mine.

*im not a gunsmith by no means but ive heard great reviews from this and have had great experiences!

feel free to ask any questions on here of PM me!

-Rich

freonr22
10-29-2010, 6:33 PM
Tag 4 later. On phon

r6raff
10-29-2010, 8:05 PM
Hmm... this looks interesting, I have done the 15 minute trigger job on my current AR and I love it. I may try this one out to compare. Thanks for the info!

OliveDrab
10-29-2010, 8:52 PM
Hmm... this looks interesting, I have done the 15 minute trigger job on my current AR and I love it. I may try this one out to compare. Thanks for the info!

Maybe just do the set screw mod! i wasnt a fan of cutting springs so i bought the JP springs and they are great!

Goodluck
-Rich

OliveDrab
11-06-2010, 8:56 AM
RANGE REPORT!

my accuracy has increased a ton! my followup shots were faster and more accurate!

no malfunctions at all.

-Rich

cortayack
11-06-2010, 9:41 AM
Thanks for the links.......:thumbsup:

straykiller
11-06-2010, 9:43 AM
RANGE REPORT!

my accuracy has increased a ton! my followup shots were faster and more accurate!

no malfunctions at all.

-Rich

glad to hear it, thanks for the write up and links.

Santa Cruz Armory
11-06-2010, 9:50 AM
TFL Thanks.

Mr_Monkeywrench
11-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Tag

r6raff
11-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Good to hear Rich, i still havent tried your method. I am planning on it in the near future, or when I build my next AR.